Page 811 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 311711761801807808809810811812813814815821861911 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,165 of 17378
    BANNED

I don't think they'll reprint the AoA omnibus especially because they're releasing new TPb's.
    Grab your omnibus NOW if you haven't got one cause it won't be going down and it'll become more in demand when the movie hype starts.

I got mine last month above cover price but it was from holland so the mail charges put the price up slighty that what I wanted to pay.
    It is the variant cover though!

Quote Originally Posted by joesephed View Post
    Has Marvel released how each of the Epic lines will map to the Volume #s they've been giving them? I would love to just see a breakdown of each title into separate volumes.

If not, has anyone speculated how each title will be broken into volumes?
    Marvel haven't said officially, as far as I know (they've not even said what the end point of collections is - I assume either Heroes Reborn or around Joe Q's ascension to EIC).

I suspect the people over at Gormuu's Marvel Masterworks forum have worked out likely roadmaps for all the different Epic lines.

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I don't think they'll reprint the AoA omnibus especially because they're releasing new TPb's.
    Grab your omnibus NOW if you haven't got one cause it won't be going down and it'll become more in demand when the movie hype starts.

I got mine last month above cover price but it was from holland so the mail charges put the price up slighty that what I wanted to pay.
    It is the variant cover though!
    The worst part is, I want the book to have everything in OHC, but I'm actually not pleased at how they collected things. The contents of the book bother me and it's too big, making me fearful of damaging the thing with even careful reading.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I was hoping that meant it increased the prospects of getting a vol.4 where it finished off Lee/Kirby and served as a bridge for Lee/Romita Jr.
    A vol.4 with Lee/Kirby/Romita Jr/Buscema isn't going to have any trouble selling either.
    A smaller 30 issue Omni gets us up to #125, that's the last Stan Lee as writer before Thomas, yes?
    Maybe throw in some crossover issues and a vol.4 is still nice enough size and a likely solid seller for $100USD.
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking, and hoping for tbh. They can put in the 'lost issue' Kirby version of #108, plus the six issues of 'Giant size' and there are likely some annuals to chuck in and yeah, that's a Volume 4.

Then comes the hope they bridge the gap up to Byrne in Omnibus format.......unlikely, but I can hope!
    If we can get that volume 4...and it may take getting another film for that to happen, then we are talking about roughly a 90 issue gap to get up to the Byrne vol.1 Omni material.
    Is Roy Thomas the writer for most of those issues? If so could it just be 3 volumes of Thomas? If not I worry about the prospect of them collecting it but hope I'm wrong as a streamlined Omni run is very appealing!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All-New Member

I 'm from Canada and am ordering two omnibus books from Forbiddenplanet in the UK.
    After going through all the ordering and such I am never given a shipping cost . Even in my PayPal invoice.
    Is it included in their pricing ?
    Am I going to be charged it later?
    Any idea roughly how much two omnibus books would cost to ship?

I've tried to contact 'Forbiddenplanet ' thru their info address but jeep getting a 'postmaster delivery fail '.

Thanks for any help/info .

The two books are Avengers omnibus 2 and FF omnibus 3. Both the original covers which I can't seem to find anywhere here in North America.
    (Is there an online store that sells those versions here?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpg View Post
    I 'm from Canada and am ordering two omnibus books from Forbiddenplanet in the UK.
    After going through all the ordering and such I am never given a shipping cost . Even in my PayPal invoice.

I've tried to contact 'Forbiddenplanet ' thru their info address but jeep getting a 'postmaster delivery fail '.

The two books are Avengers omnibus 2 and FF omnibus 3. Both the original covers which I can't seem to find anywhere here in North America.
    Do they even deliver abroad?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Possible, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on a reprint, even if a small one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    I'd love a reprint, it's one of my two most wanted Omnis that I missed out on, along with UXF
    Um . . . They couldn't even give this turd of a book away for months. It had to be drastically reduced because no one wanted it. (I think I paid $30 for it at the time, and I admittedly made a nice profit months later.) It's only worth money now because it finally sold out. They are not going to reprint it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Amazon is soliciting a two-volume publication of all main AoA stories (Legion Quest core issues, Alpha, the main eight four-issue minis, and Omega). I get the feeling that these would take the place of an omnibus reprint.
    THIS makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    The initial print run was WAY too small for this book. What were they thinking? That alongside UXF. And Amazing Spidey 2
    They actually printed too many AOA's as evidence of the fire sale.
    You're probably right about UFX.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Do they even deliver abroad?
    I believe so. Their site reads. 'International ' and when signing up I 'm asked province, country , postal code.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpg View Post

Well according to their FAQ page. " If you are living outside Europe, please contact us and tell us which items you wish to buy. We will then provide you with a shipping quote based on the order’s weight, size and destination."

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Um . . . They couldn't even give this turd of a book away for months. It had to be drastically reduced because no one wanted it. (I think I paid $30 for it at the time, and I admittedly made a nice profit months later.) It's only worth money now because it finally sold out. They are not going to reprint it.

THIS makes sense.

You're probably right about UFX.
    I don't remember it this way at all. I remember it going for $72+ on Amazon almost the entire time it was around. Same for other sites. I remember having to choose at the time between it and Claremont/Lee 2, and I chose just the latter for monetary reasons. I certainly don't recall it going for anything like 30 bucks!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Yeah, that would make sense regarding the overprinting as it was going at blowout prices for a while. Even the 2 main Polish online comic retailers had it going for cheap. I ended purchasing my copy from one of them. Not as low as $30, more like around $45-50.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 04-02-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    I don't remember it this way at all. I remember it going for $72+ on Amazon almost the entire time it was around. Same for other sites. I remember having to choose at the time between it and Claremont/Lee 2, and I chose just the latter for monetary reasons. I certainly don't recall it going for anything like 30 bucks!
    My LCS was blowing it out. ~$30

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

*stares daggers at everyone who got AOA for ridiculous prices*

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I think a lot of people are worried it'll take 20+ years at this rate to continue a line as long as ASM or FF. Other than MMWs, how many lines have survived that long? And even MMWs has stalled a few times IIRC.
    Thats definitely a major concern. When the first six lines were announced we were looking at complete ASM, FF, etc in just 10 years. Marvel really needs to up the release schedule. They've already bumped it up slightly by doubling up a few months this year but one volume per line per year is just not enough. The biggest concern isn't if the Epics will be around in 20 years, it's if physical books in general will be around in 20 years.
    Miller was right.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

What should/could be the first MMW series to hit a volume 20? ASM or FF? Thor is in the low teens right?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime