Page 877 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 377777827867873874875876877878879880881887927977 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,155 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by actionjackson2099 View Post
    As quick as the DM cover sold they couldn't have printed more than 1000-1500 of them. And you really can't blame CGN for raising the price on it. A lot of the people that bought them yesterday will be unloading them on eBay soon for way more than the cover price.
    It's certainly natural for CGN to raise the price in response to demand, but they made their move prior to the street date (probably anticipating demand based on wishlist popularity of the variant, but still...) as I noted here last week:

http://community.comicbookresources....00#post1132500

I did manage to snag the Kirby cover from IST yesterday but had no idea it would be gone almost instantaneously. No speculative eBay plans for mine - it's got a home on my bookshelf for years to come.

Arrrgggghhhh.

I can't believe I missed the DM cover for Fantastic Four Volume 3.

Now to decide if I spend $80 plus shipping from CGN.

Spectacular Member

Sorry to those who missed the Kirby cover, but you realize it's a $100 book, right? I wouldn't throw insults at CGN for a 20% discount...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    OK I'm pissed. I just got home from work to order the FF omni 3 Kirby cover and its sold out? Wtf I didn't have time at work to order and its gone already? That's some bullshit. Its $80 at cheap graphic novels now of course those crooks. Does anyone know where to buy a copy closer to the IST price. That **** isn't even fair. Some people don't have time at work to order and its not even Wednesday yet. Any help would be appreciated please. This is coming from a huge Kirby fan and I'm tired as hell searching all over Google now instead of crashing. SOB
    Mean you no disrespect but I don't see your problem. $80 is still a great price.
    I'm in Canada and can't get it anywhere. Same with the avengers 1 and now 2 omnibus variant /original Kirby covers.
    I went to CGN to buy the book - gladly went to pay the $80 US (which is about $100 Canadian! sucks)
    and shipping to Canada is $95 US!
    WTF?? (I don't understand that. I've purchased countless books from the US and shipping was a third of that shipping price. )
    Again, I would gladly pay the $80 if I lived in the US. It's still far cheaper than cover price and it's the Kirby cover.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Sorry to those who missed the Kirby cover, but you realize it's a $100 book, right? I wouldn't throw insults at CGN for a 20% discount...
    Agree completely.
    Just posted above of my delimma of living in Canada and the outrageous shipping cost.
    Would gladly pay the $80 for it.

All-New Member

Ok - just clearing something up regarding that outrageous shipping cost I mentioned from CGN.
    Read their FAQ and the shipping cost is an estimate not the actual price. They would reimburse should the actual price be less.

Sounds better.

My whining is over.

Gonna get me that Kirby cover!

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Maybe it's just me, but I could give a damn about the cover. As long as the spines match : )

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I could give a damn about the cover. As long as the spines match : )
    Which means that you DO give a damn about the cover.

I feel like if you say "I could care less", you're implying that you COULD care less... but you don't even want to bother bothering to care less. Thus, it trumps "couldn't care less". In all honesty though, I agree with the chart.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I actually prefer the Ross version.

The Kirby one is a bit dull compared and as you can't see the cover from the spine of shelf view, my OCD about matching things doesnt really kick in.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    Oh great there's someone else thinking that the hole variant/DM cover discussion is completely overrated. I mean, it's OK if you prefer a certain version but paying 10-20 USD more for the "better" cover is just nonsense to me. Paper quality, and content are much more important IMO. But that's just me, we're all a bunch of crazy people so fooling others is kind of ridiculous as well :-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    Oh great there's someone else thinking that the hole variant/DM cover discussion is completely overrated. I mean, it's OK if you prefer a certain version but paying 10-20 USD more for the "better" cover is just nonsense to me. Paper quality, and content are much more important IMO. But that's just me, we're all a bunch of crazy people so fooling others is kind of ridiculous as well :-)
    Blasphemy....as the cover is everything!!! ;-)

Add me to the list as I paid more for the DM cover.

Now for me to go twitch in a corner for paying more. Maybe I will update the OOP omnibus list to keep my mind off it.

Incredible Member

Assuming Diamond has distributed out all of the FF Vol 3 DM Kirby covers, when the sales info for the direct market for April comes out, it should give us an idea of almost exactly how many copies Marvel actually printed of the Kirby cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Blasphemy....as the cover is everything!!! ;-)

Add me to the list as I paid more for the DM cover.

Now for me to go twitch in a corner for paying more. Maybe I will update the OOP omnibus list to keep my mind off it.
    Perhaps those of you (in US, at least) that have to get DM covers on specific omnibuses, do what I do - I preorder them from TalesofWonder. I get the cover everytime, and at the time of preorder, it's the same price of std cover. In the end you might pay $5-10 more at TOW than other places day-of, but you'll be guaranteed to get it. Just my two cents.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Thinking about how far behind I am with these F4 omnibuses makes me feel a bit uneasy because I know I'll have to drop a good $150 sooner or later. Really debating if I should just snatch up vol.3 right now or get it together with all the volumes later...