Page 686 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696736786 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 17378
    Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Me too!

10char
    Oh yes Kirby is the only way to go for me on FFomni 3! can't wait for the hugeKing Size Kirby hardcover coming. The cover is my current screensaver,I love how the fonts are all different colors ...now if marvel will just do a 2001/ machine man omnibus instead of 90s garbage.

Also another question and opinions welcomed...we have the Uncanny Avengers Omniubs Volume 1 coming and now the Axis HC which will be 9 issues with UA Vol 2 beginning just this week. I think they'll be including Axis in the eventual UA Vol 2 Omnibus. What do you guys think? It's also how I feel even with Hickman's OHC of Avengers and New Avengers coming up will eventually give way to a few volumes of Omnibus including Infinity (which makes a moot point of buying them for me since I can FEEL in my bones this classic run deserves the omnibus treatment).
    Last edited by Gerald Keefer; 01-31-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Spider-verse OHC has more than doubled in price on amazon. If you grabbed it when it first appeared it was about $25. It's now $53 CDN and $60 USD.

Heads up, the Black Vortex book has gone from $31 to $35 and will continue to climb. If you collect event OHCs then jump now. The same thing happened with Original Sin, which went up as under $25 and ended at $53CDN as well.

Even if you don't want it and cancel it later, you won't be charged. Don't pay the jacked marvel/amazon prices.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Extraordinary Member

Just ordered DD, Waids second run. Volume 1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Just ordered DD, Waids second run. Volume 1
    Second run? OHC??

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Second run? OHC??
    The NOW version, if you like. TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Spider-verse OHC has more than doubled in price on amazon. If you grabbed it when it first appeared it was about $25. It's now $53 CDN and $60 USD.

Heads up, the Black Vortex book has gone from $31 to $35 and will continue to climb. If you collect event OHCs then jump now. The same thing happened with Original Sin, which went up as under $25 and ended at $53CDN as well.

Even if you don't want it and cancel it later, you won't be charged. Don't pay the jacked marvel/amazon prices.

This seems to be the trend now. I think Age of Ultron was the same way. I used to think it was Marvel being greedy, but I think it's just their way of a pre-order discount but it goes left unsaid. (Not that Marvel isn't greedy.)

By the way, I'm reading ASM in floppies and Spider-Verse kind of sucks. I'm not reading the spin-offs or the other series, so maybe there's better stories there, but this "event" is going way too long, at least in the main title, and it's pretty much jumped the shark as Slott continues to introduce more and more ridiculous Spider-men. I suspect it isn't necessarily his fault tho. The title comes out twice a month and Marvel probably gave him a 3-4 month mandate for the storyline.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Eh, thanks for reminding me! Now I need to go gargle (with some scotch).
    I know what you mean. And the awful thing it will never go away. It's so frustrating looking over the Marvel story and seeing something like Spider-Man, which was a very consistent, fluid title for nearly 300 issues, get caught in that traffic jam. Someone should clean up the continuity because the continuity is like an open sewer, you know? It's full of filth and scum. And sometimes I can hardly take it. Whoever becomes the Publisher should really clean it up. You know what I mean? Sometimes I go and I read it and I get headaches it's so bad. They just never go away, it's like... I think that the Publisher should just clean up this whole mess, just flush it right down the fuckin' toilet.
    Last edited by CrazyOldHermit; 01-31-2015 at 10:07 PM.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Found it on YT, don't know about those events that much but it was interesting.

It's like the creator never read a comic book before 1990 and i had to roll my eyes at the numerous made up facts (or in other word lies) that he inserted to make the stories seem much worse then they actually were. Some of the stories were bad for almost completely different reasons then the ones he named. Also it's a list of obvious picks and then Civil War added for the clicks.

Been following Escapist for two years now, they have this nerd guy MovieBob who does tons of stuff about comics. latest one is about Marvel's upcoming event, but check his older videos, very interesting and full of information.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ts-Secret-Wars
    Last edited by lvizzz; 02-01-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    It's like the creator never read a comic book before 1990 and i had to roll my eyes at the numerous made up facts (or in other word lies) that he inserted to make the stories seem much worse then they actually were. Some of the stories were bad for almost completely different reasons then the ones he named. Also it's a list of obvious picks and then Civil War added for the clicks.
    The badness of bad pre-90s comics was usually constrained to itself. There have been crappy issues of the Fantastic Four but all that meant was you got a crappy issue of Fantastic Four. In the modern era stories are bigger and more destructive, which is why most stories on that list are events. Whats worse, a bum issue of Iron Man or a story where Iron Man turns out to have been evil all along and they bring in a timetraveling teenage version to replace him?
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    I didn't have issues with his picks or explanations. I know a lot of people enjoy Civil War, and I bought it based on the praise it received on this forum, but I thought it devolved into nonsense as the story progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I didn't have issues with his picks or explanations. I know a lot of people enjoy Civil War, and I bought it based on the praise it received on this forum, but I thought it devolved into nonsense as the story progressed.
    It's like people forget what that story actually did to Iron Man. That story came out just before the first Iron Man movie, which featured Tony being charming and likeable on an unprecedented level and left people who might have gotten into the Iron Man comics from the movie completely put off of what was going on in them at the time.
    Miller was right.

Extraordinary Member

Daft question. And I'm sure i've asked. But is discussion of TPB cool here ;D

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

As someone who hate's jerk-hole Tony Stark and evil Hank Pym, should I read Civil War? I'm very reluctant, since it sounds like a bunch of characters act really OOC just to justify the story, and that really annoys me.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    It's like people forget what that story actually did to Iron Man. That story came out just before the first Iron Man movie, which featured Tony being charming and likeable on an unprecedented level and left people who might have gotten into the Iron Man comics from the movie completely put off of what was going on in them at the time.
    Yeah, and ther are people who feel like Ironman was right but completely slandered by the resolutions and events of the crossover.

What I'd really like to see is an end to the Captain America vs Ironman and Wolverine vs Cyclops shit. It's so tired, and still happening. Writers have a great chance to develop all character isnvolved by seeking real resolution but instead they perpetuate the same narrative. And I like civil war, but the novelty of them fighting is gone since that seems to be all they ever do.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.