Page 322 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422822 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 17378
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    No better way to describe it. I've only been collecting for 9 months or so but I've already blown over $1000 on this stuff. And what's even more crazy is that I enjoy hunting/buying these things more than I like reading them, I've only read like 20% of my hardcovers. I just recently graduated as well but my roommates are still in it for another year, so I'm not too worried about moving my collection, but when the times comes, oh boy, it's gon be a bitch. Funniest thing is, I wouldn't have gone down this road if it weren't for this thread.
    Agreed!!!!

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    First: Damn, you're good.

Second: Are they really going to release Quicksilver without the Heroes for Hire side of the crossover? I can see them skipping the body of Live Kree or Die, since they've done that elsewhere, but I think the HfH crossover is pretty direct.

Also, just goes to show the crazy stuff that eventually makes it to collection print. I have the Quicksilver floppies tied up in a box to be sent out for binding, as I figured that was a series we'd NEVER see collected. Goes to show what I know
    I figure that 13 issues will fill around 300 pages, so there's definitely room for the Heroes for Hire issues in there. (The only issues confirmed in the listing are the Spider-Man 2099; the rest is speculation based on creator listings.

There's a much greater chance of me picking up the Scarlet Witch volume than this.

I was surprised to learn of this series existence, actually, I believe in a reference in X-Men vs. Apocalypse: The Twelve. "Hey, Quicksilver had an ongoing. Who knew?" I'd be down for a 1970s Evan Peters Pietro one-shot/limited series/ongoing a lot more than this, but of course Marvel aren't going to publish Fox X-Men tie-in comics about the kid from American Horror Story.
    Last edited by America / Bucky / Russia; 08-29-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    And what's even more crazy is that I enjoy hunting/buying these things more than I like reading them, I've only read like 20% of my hardcovers.
    Yeah, this describes me pretty well too. I work 60 hour weeks pretty often, so one of my great joys is accumulating stuff like nice OHC and Omnibus editions since it makes me feel like I am getting something tangible for my efforts rather than just meaningless digits in my checking account (although I am not complaining about those). Sadly, I don't have as much time for reading them, watching movies I buy, and other such things as I would like. It's an endless cycle. This thread has definitely vastly increased my purchasing of hardcovers to crazy levels. Fortunately, I have also been ebaying a ton of stuff from my other collections that have outlived their usefulness so I have bankrolled a good bit of it with Paypal so it isn't even like I am really paying for it although obviously I am.

Amazing Member

Can anyone tell me if the Elektra content that is in the Elektra Omnibus is available in trade paperback?

BANNED

So is Amazon going to have a new printing of Howard the Duck avaiable soon or? They put the original one on a 80$ price, the one from 2008.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    So is Amazon going to have a new printing of Howard the Duck avaiable soon or? They put the original one on a 80$ price, the one from 2008.
    Unless it's a new edition it will have the same ISBN/Amazon page.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the Elektra content that is in the Elektra Omnibus is available in trade paperback?
    The content of the omnibus is Elektra Assassin, Elektra Lives again and 2 other issues. Assassin is easily available in paperback but the Lives Again tpb is out of print.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    You mean Archonia.com perhaps? They're based in BE and have very reasonable shipping, same as Cheap-Comics.com from NL (although the latter often has better prices and loads of discounted books, including Omnis).
    Cheap-comics was the one. Amazing site
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I really wish Panini held the UK distribution rights. They make their own Italian omnibus volumes and have released things I doubt we'll ever see collected in English.

They have a Clone sage omnibus, Onslaught Omnibus, Captain Mar-vell Omnibus, Earth/Paradis/Universe X Omnibus, plus loads of the stuff long OOP in English is right there and readily available in Italian.

So annoying.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I really wish Panini held the UK distribution rights. They make their own Italian omnibus volumes and have released things I doubt we'll ever see collected in English.

They have a Clone sage omnibus, Onslaught Omnibus, Captain Mar-vell Omnibus, Earth/Paradis/Universe X Omnibus, plus loads of the stuff long OOP in English is right there and readily available in Italian.

So annoying.
    Panini do produce plenty of their own English trades, but no Omnibus volumes. Irritating company, I shouldn't have to try and trawl through vague Amazon fish in order to get any idea what books are being released and when and then have to guess the contents.

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Since winding up in this thread 2 years ago, I have 50+ omnibii and 70+ OHCs and sadly I've only managed to read roughly 40-50% of it. Now that I've graduated and will probably move again (moving experience only gets worse as books increase) to some place where I'm sure I'll find even less time to go through them (let alone re-read any), I find myself considering selling the collection I've built up. Its like I'm falling down this chasm of an obsessive collecting habit while being drained of money I should probably save. But then again I go ahead and order Annihilation (which sounds fantastic) and look at how all those beautiful oversized spines look together. So as you can see its a weird love hate relationship.
    I know exactly what you mean. I have every Marvel/DC Omnibus (except for a couple I'm not interested in), most OHCs and HC Masterworks and lots of stuff from other publishers. And while it's a glorious thing to look at, I can't help thinking "I've amassed all of this in just 4 years and it's already taken up most of my my available room, where am I going to place whatever else I'll be buying in coming years?". Also, my percentage of actually read books is much, much, MUCH lower than yours, and while I enjoy a book as I'm reading it —especially when it's really good stuff that doesn't make my eyes roll up—, once I'm done I realize I may not ever pick up that very book again and re-read it, seeing as how I still have tons of unread books and other interests, too.

I love having (mainly) such a comprehensive Marvel hardcover (and Epic!) collection, it's a childhood dream come true. I can actually picture myself with full runs of the main series eventually. But... it's so much money, it's so much space it all takes up, and it's a thing that it's so seldom enjoyed, other than looking at the spines — which I find myself stupidly doing more often than not... I don't know.

This has been a first-world problems presentation.
    Last edited by ShooCat; 08-30-2014 at 04:16 AM.

My Earth X OHC arrived today (so happy, been after it for ages and got it for just £20!) and I cannot help but think it was meant to be an Omnibus and somewhere along the way was changed to standard OHC.

It has the plain black jacket spine, the Silver internals and is printed on the old superior omnibus paper.

No evidence beyond how it looks, but has anyone else ever thought this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by smkspy View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes, and yeah, the Uncanny X-Force omnibus was great. That was my first exposure to Deadpool, then I played the video game. And I definitely plan on picking up C&D and the mini-omnibus coming soon. I have the Kelly run on the way, and the Complete Way collection. Though several writers worked on that volume after Kelly left, a nice omnibus completing that run would sure look better than those classic editions.
    It's out of continuity, but I think Deadpool MAX is far and away the best Deadpool story. All 18 or so issues are available in OHC format. Definitely look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I have every Marvel/DC Omnibus (except for a couple I'm not interested in), most OHCs and HC Masterworks and lots of stuff from other publishers. And while it's a glorious thing to look at, I can't help thinking "I've amassed all of this in just 4 years and it's already taken up most of my my available room, where am I going to place whatever else I'll be buying in coming years?". Also, my percentage of actually read books is much, much, MUCH lower than yours, and while I enjoy a book as I'm reading it —especially when it's really good stuff that doesn't make my eyes roll up—, once I'm done I realize I may not ever pick up that very book again and re-read it, seeing as how I still have tons of unread books and other interests, too.

I love having (mainly) such a comprehensive Marvel hardcover (and Epic!) collection, it's a childhood dream come true. I can actually picture myself with full runs of the main series eventually. But... it's so much money, it's so much space it all takes up, and it's a thing that it's so seldom enjoyed, other than looking at the spines — which I find myself stupidly doing more often than not... I don't know.

This has been a first-world problems presentation.
    Ha, ha! I used to read everyone of my books soon after I bought them such that I had 90% of them read, but over the last 18 months I've accumulated them at so fast a rate I may have dropped to only having 60-70% of them read. I'm sure they'll all get read by me some day (and maybe some by my kids), but I kind of worry whether some of them will ever be read a second time.

Boy do I have storage problems, too! I've filled two 7 foot book shelves, two shelves of another bookcase and have been putting things in plastic storage totes due to lack of shelf space. Sometimes I almost feel guilty for having so many riches, but I've never bought more than I can afford and I've never bought them with the idea of just flipping them for profit. My wife sometimes opines that I'm running out of space for books, but she's the enabler who drives me to the bookstore.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

So annoying.
    On the other hand, Panini print a lot of old comics in the worst paper EVER.