Page 942 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 4428428929329389399409419429439449459469529921042 ... LastLast
Results 14,116 to 14,130 of 17378
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Olslick View Post
    What do you guys think the odds are that some kind of Death of Wolverine Omnibus is produced? I know there's no method to the madness as far as what gets made or not, but I've been kinda interested in reading this story and it just seems kinda unruly to be honest. Between the Killable arc, which seems kinda necessary, and the actual death story to the Legacy issues and then the Wolverines series, I don't really know how to go about tackling it. I know I really don't want to collect a bunch of trades have 4-6 issues a piece. In this circumstance, it really seems like an omnibus would be the most convenient way to collect a story that runs across so many issues of so many titles. Thoughts?
    I feel like it would make a crap omnibus in terms of content but Wolverine sells books. So it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    If he wants them to be happy, why does he draw like that nowadays??? Give me the JRjr from pre-1986 any day.
    Taste is subjective. I know Im in the vocal minority, but I would kill for a JRJR sketch.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

What do you guys think the odds are that some kind of Death of Wolverine Omnibus is produced? I know there's no method to the madness as far as what gets made or not, but I've been kinda interested in reading this story and it just seems kinda unruly to be honest. Between the Killable arc, which seems kinda necessary, and the actual death story to the Legacy issues and then the Wolverines series, I don't really know how to go about tackling it. I know I really don't want to collect a bunch of trades have 4-6 issues a piece. In this circumstance, it really seems like an omnibus would be the most convenient way to collect a story that runs across so many issues of so many titles. Thoughts?
    I expect Wolverines to be collected at home point, so putting in the arc that saw Wolverine die would make sense.

But then putting Edge of Spiderverse in the Spiderverse OHC would have made sense, so I wouldnt be surprised to see Wolverines collected and the actual death left in tpb.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member

A death of Wolverine TPB is alread announced.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I'm interested in Deadpool with the movie coming out and having loved what Remender did with him in UXF. I've read the first Duggan OHC. Can anyone rank the Deadpool runs in terms of quality? I know this is subjective, but I'm curious where to start. The major runs I'm familiar with are Kelly, Cable & DP, Way, Bunn, Duggan. How do these stack up?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I'm interested in Deadpool with the movie coming out and having loved what Remender did with him in UXF. I've read the first Duggan OHC. Can anyone rank the Deadpool runs in terms of quality? I know this is subjective, but I'm curious where to start. The major runs I'm familiar with are Kelly, Cable & DP, Way, Bunn, Duggan. How do these stack up?
    A lot of DP fans will say Kelly's is top, but I think it's pretty dated and a lot of the humor forced. Way is split between people who like it and people who despise it. It's pretty wacky, and as a whole the run is ok, has some pretty good hits, with the misses just being mediocre. The Duggan run is supposed to be pretty good but I've only read the first OHC so far (2nd drops in a couple of weeks I think). I think C&D is probably the best because of it's long running storyline, humor isn't forced, and it isn't all DP all the time (which probably actually makes it the best starting place as an introduction to the character to me).
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Okay, spill it! Which one of you bozos ended up buying that Garth Ennis Punisher on Ebay for $300 + shipping today?

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    Taste is subjective. I know Im in the vocal minority, but I would kill for a JRJR sketch.
    My 5 year-old's drawings look almost identical to JRJR's, I can send you one of his.

(Forgive my phone typing)

Who knows. I speculated about it before, containing Wolvie volumes 4 and 5, Death of Wolverine, the one shots, the storm issues, nightcrawler, wolverine and the x-men, the Logan legacy and weapon x program. If they leave out v4 and 5 then they could throw in wolverines.

The problem is a lot of this material is a dud. Wolverine volume 4 is okay. Volume 5 is crap. Logan legacy is a hot turd. Weapon X is interesting but is really just a piece of wolverines (like legacy) so nothing is resolved. Wolverines I read two issues of but then stop reading marvel monthly because Canadian prices got jacked.

The highlight of all of that is Death of Wolverine which is fun, action packed and really well drawn. And actually ends well, in my opinion as a wolverine fan.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

As a fan of Chris Claremont's Wolverine, I think the best thing that could happen to Logan is to stay dead since he hasn't been seen at Marvel since at least 1992.

My modest collection... all Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    As a fan of Chris Claremont's Wolverine, I think the best thing that could happen to Logan is to stay dead since he hasn't been seen at Marvel since at least 1992.
    Was that when he lost his nose?
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I've gotten a couple omnibi signed and I always ask for a sketch. Feel like that increases value for sure.
    But would you ever sell them?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    (Forgive my phone typing)
    Is there an app I can use to access these boards on my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I just finished cable and deadpool and I liked it. I didn't enjoy some cable bits though.