Page 866 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 366766816856862863864865866867868869870876916966 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 12,990 of 17378
    Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I'm holding out for Spider-man: The Complete Glasses Saga collecting ASM #1-8 and Amazing Fantasy #16-18.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Sigh .... it's the Complete ALIEN COSTUME saga not the Complete CLOTH BLACK COSTUME saga.
    SIGH...alien costume was gone in Vol 1. So I guess this really is the the Complete Cloth Black Costume Saga.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-23-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    Gotta pass on this one. I have the birth of venom tpb. Doesn't that one basically collect all the important stuff from both of the Alien Saga epic collections?
    Yep. But...! Birth of Venom collected only the ASM issues of the alien costume saga (252-259) + SW8 + WOSM1 & FF274 + random panels of the symboite from other books of that era + Venom's early appearances (ASM 298-300, 315-317).

The new complete alien saga TPs collect ALL Spidey issues from 1984-1985 from Spidey 252 onwards including Spec, MTU, Web, Annuals, etc. So you get every single appearances of the alien symboite from its inception thru it's "death" in Web of Spider-Man 1. What's cool with these new collections is they collect material never before reprinted in the case of some of the Spec & MTU issues. PS ... Since my copy hasn't arrived yet, I'm not sure whether or not the Complete Alien Saga v2 includes FF 274 or not which was in the BoV TPB.

So yes, there is some double dip vs. previous alien costume collected editions. On the flip side, there's also lots of never before reprinted content.

Sigh .... it's the Complete ALIEN COSTUME saga not the Complete CLOTH BLACK COSTUME saga.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    SIGH...alien costume was gone in Vol 1. So I guess this really is the the Complete Black Costume Saga.
    Either way, I'm in for Vol. 2.

Amazing Member

Brubaker's Captain
    Last edited by Balltic05; 04-23-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balltic05 View Post
    Arghhh I'm having a crisis at the moment.
    I've got the full Captain America by Brubaker omnibus run thus far.

Going back and forth in my head as to whether or not to sell them...

HELP!

J.D
    I rarely ever understand posts like these. What is it you need help with?

Do you not like the stories in the Omnis? Sell them. Why keep stories you don't like?

Will you ever re-read the books? That might also be another reason to sell them.

Do you not like the Omni format? Do they take up too much space? Would you rather go digital? Sell them.

Are you hard pressed for money in the real world? Sell them.

Otherwise, if you have like the stories, like the format, have the space, and don't need extra money, then keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I rarely ever understand posts like these. What is it you need help with?

Do you not like the stories in the Omnis? Sell them. Why keep stories you don't like?

Will you ever re-read the books? That might also be another reason to sell them.

Do you not like the Omni format? Do they take up too much space? Would you rather go digital? Sell them.

Are you hard pressed for money in the real world? Sell them.

Otherwise, if you have like the stories, like the format, have the space, and don't need extra money, then keep them.
    Seriously . . .

There are a few things that CBR forums has turned me on to, but chief among them is that Captain America run (And Breaker in general) Lucky to get the omnis when I did.

Sell them to someone who wants them.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    There are a few things that CBR forums has turned me on to, but chief among them is that Captain America run (And Breaker in general) Lucky to get the omnis when I did.

Sell them to someone who wants them.
    Auto correct?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Auto correct?
    Indeed. My greatest foe.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Amazing Member

eBay UK there are TWO brand new Death of Captain America Omnibus for £70
    Grab it if you can!

J.D

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

As I am too lazy to look through all the posts I missed this week, can anyone tell me if new books were introduced the last 6 days?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Yep. But...! Birth of Venom collected only the ASM issues of the alien costume saga (252-259) + SW8 + WOSM1 & FF274 + random panels of the symboite from other books of that era + Venom's early appearances (ASM 298-300, 315-317).

The new complete alien saga TPs collect ALL Spidey issues from 1984-1985 from Spidey 252 onwards including Spec, MTU, Web, Annuals, etc. So you get every single appearances of the alien symboite from its inception thru it's "death" in Web of Spider-Man 1. What's cool with these new collections is they collect material never before reprinted in the case of some of the Spec & MTU issues. PS ... Since my copy hasn't arrived yet, I'm not sure whether or not the Complete Alien Saga v2 includes FF 274 or not which was in the BoV TPB.

So yes, there is some double dip vs. previous alien costume collected editions. On the flip side, there's also lots of never before reprinted content.
    I totally understand why #2 would be the last book in the Complete Alien Costume Saga series, but I'd really like to see Marvel collect Amazing #273-289 or hell, even straight up to #295 someday. Y'know, bridging the Stern and Michelinie omnis the way the Masterworks are on their way to bridge the Lee and Stern omnis.

Yeah, #s 273-274, 279-281 and 290-295 have been collected elsewhere, but there are still a couple of ugly-looking uncollected gaps.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

EDIT - Wrong thread

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balltic05 View Post
    eBay UK there are TWO brand new Death of Captain America Omnibus for £70
    Grab it if you can!

J.D
    Thanks for the heads up! just grabbed one.

Same seller has the rare claremont wolverine omnibus for £104 which ive ordered and x-men inferno OHC £70 which I've been looking for for fucking ages. Let's just see what turns up at my doorstep though! lol