Page 1038 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 385389389881028103410351036103710381039104010411042104810881138 ... LastLast
Results 15,556 to 15,570 of 17378
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The OHC covers:

DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID VOL. 4 HC

UNCANNY X-MEN VOL. 1 HC

AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN VOL. 3 HC

The Omnibus covers:

THE UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC SMITH COVER (DM ONLY)

THE UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC OPEÑA COVER

THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS HC

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE 75TH ANNIVERSARY VIBRANIUM COLLECTION HC

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That would be #15.1.

But yeah, only 9 issues. So at best, an extra 200 pages giving us around 500 pages. A nice $49.99 Omnibus or at worst $75 Omnibus would be cool.

Now if they put in those She-Hulk issues and in particular the Superior Iron Man issues in the DD Vol. 5 OHC, I would be pretty pleased.
    Or throwing in that 3 or four part mini every one of you was raving about? Dark nights or what was it? Would make sense since it came out during Waid's run, somehow I can't see Marvel including issues from She-Hulk and Iron man. That's more of a DC thing to do, throwing in disjointed issues, but maybe I'm just forgetting the instances when Marvel did the same.

So as someone who finds spider-man slightly annoying and not having any spider-books, will I dig the superior foes omni?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Very happy to see Daredevil vol. 4 OHC and the Superior Foes omnibus, I'll definitely be picking those two up.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Or throwing in that 3 or four part mini every one of you was raving about? Dark nights or what was it? Would make sense since it came out during Waid's run, somehow I can't see Marvel including issues from She-Hulk and Iron man. That's more of a DC thing to do, throwing in disjointed issues, but maybe I'm just forgetting the instances when Marvel did the same.
    Dark Nights hasn't that much to do with the current Waid run. It was 8 issues, the highlight being the first arc in the first 3 issues by Lee Weeks which occurs in NY not San Francisco. The fact that it came out at the same time has very little to do with it.

The Superior Iron Man issues came out at the same time and occur in San Francisco as does Waid's second DD run so it would make quite a bit of sense.

Happy about UXM 3. The Brood saga was one of my favourite storylines as a kid. Been waiting to read it in oversized format and in English for years.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 07-15-2015 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    So as someone who finds spider-man slightly annoying and not having any spider-books, will I dig the superior foes omni?
    Doesn't really have much to do with Spider-Man. The characters are just enemies of his, they're together in an attempt to become the new Sinister Six, and his name helps sell a book. It's one of Marvel's recent quirky, heavy-on-humor books that sprung from the success of Fraction's Hawkeye. If you read that and enjoyed it, you'll probably enjoy this. Lot of the humor comes from them being incompetent crooks. It's pretty good. I didn't enjoy it as much as others, but I still got a kick out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Doesn't really have much to do with Spider-Man. The characters are just enemies of his, they're together in an attempt to become the new Sinister Six, and his name helps sell a book. It's one of Marvel's recent quirky, heavy-on-humor books that sprung from the success of Fraction's Hawkeye. If you read that and enjoyed it, you'll probably enjoy this. Lot of the humor comes from them being incompetent crooks. It's pretty good. I didn't enjoy it as much as others, but I still got a kick out of it.
    Cheers, sound like my cup of tea, I'll give it a go

Cheers, sound like my cup of tea, I'll give it a go
    Its one of the few books that made me laugh out loud. Lots of plot twists too, it is a great read.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

That Champions MMW is a monster! I don't typically plan to rebuy MMWs when I have strong TPB volumes, but that thing is practically an Omnibus and it's tempting to upgrade over the two Classics volumes.

I'd say it's Marvel's next-closed thing to an "indie-style book" after Fraction's Hawkeye. It's like a small-time Thunderbolts through a comedic crime noir filter.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    So nothing's amazing about the Jim Lee + Claremont run outside probably nostalgia for Lee's art?
    There is a fun cosmic story from 272 - 277 and interesting Rogue/Magneto/Nick Fury arc in there as well.

Spectacular Member

Wow, Superior Foes is quite a good surprise! As is Daredevil by Waid Vol 4. Looking forward to both of those. Hopefully they don't change the Daredevil spine design to Marvel Now, or I might have to kill someone.

I'm surprised Marvel are able to do a Champions Masterwork. Last time they tried to use the Champions name, they got slapped down by the RPG company that owns it now. Question is, have they done a deal or have they forgotten they don't have use of the trademark (again)?