Page 212 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    I'm looking to read some Dr. Strange via MMW HC collections. Should I start at the earliest volume I can afford (which would be Vol. 3) or should I start with the Englehart run (Vol. 5)?
    Volume 3 has Gene Colan! Start there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Awesome. But something frigging DH could have put out 5 years ago at 1/2 of the price and a larger format and on beautiful paper... Frigging Dark Horse wallies. God damn they make me cross
    No kidding. But wouldn't it be a kick in the ass if DH could somehow put out about four or five Library Editions for $125 combined before the next five months? Undercut Marvel and give fans a superior product.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    yeah, I really think this price hike will have same effect as the $3.99 did to floppies. It makes people stop and consider what they're buying out of habit and become way more selective. In the short run it might boost Marvel's sale to push out a bunch of books at the higher price point, but overall I think it will show a dip in actual sales.
    I've dropped a lot of titles and declined to pick up a number of the, too - Moon Knight, Punisher, for example - because of the $3.99 price.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    IST has the Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus back up at %50 off.
    Guess this means this one may be overstock? Think a few months down the line this will end up being one of those deeply discounted $125 price cover omnis, ala New Avengers (which I just bought new for $30), X-Statix (got it for $30), FF Byrne 1 (got it for $20), Zomnibus (got it for $20), etc.?

All-New Member

Hey guys, I got a question. I live in the US and I ordered age of apocalpyse omnibus from amazon.ca (canadian amazon) a few months back because they had the best price. At the time I ordered it, it said the book will ship in 1-2 months. Then, close to the end of that timeline, they sent me another email saying it will ship but they don't know when. Throughout this process, I spoke to their customer service and asked them if they're SURE that they will send me the book, because the price is starting to climb and I'd rather buy it somewhere else if there is any chance they might not send me the book. They said that there is 100% guranatee that they will send me the book, they just have to wait until its available from their supplier. I told them that the book is out of print and their supplier may not be getting anymore, they still assured me that I will receive the book.

I'm kinda confused what to do, I don't see how they could possibly get the book at this point, but they tell me that I will receive the book 100% guaranteed. I find it hard to believe tho, because its OOP. Anyone ever had something similar to this happen to them? What did you do? What should I do? This omnibus price is way higher compared to when I first contacted them about it.

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnice View Post
    Hey guys, I got a question. I live in the US and I ordered age of apocalpyse omnibus from amazon.ca (canadian amazon) a few months back because they had the best price. At the time I ordered it, it said the book will ship in 1-2 months. Then, close to the end of that timeline, they sent me another email saying it will ship but they don't know when. Throughout this process, I spoke to their customer service and asked them if they're SURE that they will send me the book, because the price is starting to climb and I'd rather buy it somewhere else if there is any chance they might not send me the book. They said that there is 100% guranatee that they will send me the book, they just have to wait until its available from their supplier. I told them that the book is out of print and their supplier may not be getting anymore, they still assured me that I will receive the book.

I'm kinda confused what to do, I don't see how they could possibly get the book at this point, but they tell me that I will receive the book 100% guaranteed. I find it hard to believe tho, because its OOP. Anyone ever had something similar to this happen to them? What did you do? What should I do? This omnibus price is way higher compared to when I first contacted them about it.
    I'd say you're not going to get the book, and Amazon customer service just doesn't want to tell you that. Once it goes to "Ships in 1-2 Months" on Amazon, it's pretty much guaranteed it's gone and not coming back in stock.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnice View Post

Buy another book now if you're able before prices skyrocket further. Then, if your Amazon.ca order ever actually comes in, you've got one to sell for a profit.

Pretty exciting about the Star Wars Omnibus, though as one poster pointed out DH should have done it a long time ago. Perhaps in a galaxy far, far, away it happened?

I'd love to see the Thrawn Trilogy in OHC, and the Dark Empire. That is about all the Star Wars comics I've read, because I was recommended them by a huge star wars nerd. They were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Nah.....Marvel will milk this for all they can get! I expect we'll see many volumes down the line & reprints of the classic DH material as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Are people really excited about the Star Wars Omnibus, or more excited about the prospect of future volumes that aren't terrible?
    Yeah I've never read the original Marvel SW comics and it's a great announcement but I'm not interested in it because for me Star Wars is epic and the kitschiness of 70s comics just doesn't match my expectations for the franchise. Hell I even have trouble with 90s era SW comics sometimes.
    But man a Tales of the Jedi Omni! The epicness of that series kind of begs for an omni especially since some issues have become pricey. i have all the TPBs but I'd be hard pressed not to double dip.
    I'd probably double dip a Legacy and KotOR too.... if only for shelf uniformity.

Was Star Wars the only Omnibus/OHC announced or was there other stuff?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member

Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is now in stock on Amazon, all the disputes between publishers haven't changed any of my comic orders, with Omnibus I still get them in the same time-frame that I always have, like 1-3 weeks behind LCS and places like Forbidden Planet.

Mines got held up though, I've had the preorder so long that I had a different card on the order that has now expired

Default Marvel October HC Solicits

Marvel

AVENGERS VOL. 6: INFINITE AVENGERS PREMIERE HC
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Penciled by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    The Time Gem has reappeared, ushering the Avengers into a peril-filled journey forward into days-to-come! Propelled 50 years into the future, the Avengers come face-to-face with the legacy of their actions! Then, 5,000 years into the future, the mysterious origin of the rogue planet is finally revealed! And finally, 50,000 years into the future, Earth’s Mightiest Heroes find themselves on Holoworld, captured in conceptual space. But as they try to figure out how to defeat an idea, the first Avenger meets the last Avenger, the Avengers World crumbles, and you won’t believe what comes next. And back in the present day, ORIGINAL SIN comes crashing into Avengers Mansion. Remember back when the Illuminati erased Captain America’s knowledge of their existence? So does Captain America! Collecting AVENGERS (2012) #29-34.
    136 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-5478-5
    Trim size: standard

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3: GUARDIANS DISASSEMBLED PREMIERE HC
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by NICK BRADSHAW & FRANK CHO
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    With the entire galaxy gunning for the Guardians and Star-Lord missing, its time to bring in a little help. But as the Guardians of the Galaxy get ready for new members Venom and Captain Marvel, unexpected dangers arise that promise to tear the team to its core! Where in the universe is Star-Lord? What does his disappearance mean for Earth’s safety? And can he survive on the run from a mysterious new adversary without the aid of the Guardians? Plus: The Guardians of the Galaxy investigate the mystery of a S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier that suddenly appears in outer space! And the series celebrates a milestone with two special stories by former GUARDIANS writers Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning! Collecting FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2014 (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) #1, and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2013) #14-17 and ANNUAL #1.
    136 PGS./Rated T …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-5479-2

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE UNCANNY X-MEN VOL. 9 HC
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by PAUL SMITH, FRANK MILLER & BRENT ANDERSON with WALTER SIMONSON & MICHAEL GOLDEN
    Cover by PAUL SMITH
    The Uncanny X-Men had become the biggest franchise in comic books by 1982. Chris Claremont’s writing rose to find perhaps his most poignant and challenging expression of the mutant metaphor in “God Loves, Man Kills,” while his work with Frank Miller on WOLVERINE skyrocketed the character’s popularity. With culmination of Paul Smith’s classic run—featuring the growing romance between Kitty Pryde and Colossus, the first appearance of Callisto and the Morlocks, Rogue’s debut as an X-Man, and the wedding of Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor—this Marvel Masterworks is nothing short of a marathon of mutant milestones! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #168-175, UNCANNY X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #7, MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL #5 and WOLVERINE (1982) #1-4.
    432 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9154-4
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE UNCANNY X-MEN VOL. 9 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 214 (DM ONLY)
    432 PGS./Rated T …$75
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9155-1

NEW AVENGERS VOL. 4: PERFECT WORLD PREMIERE HC
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Penciled by VALERIO SCHITI & KEV WALKER
    Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
    In all creation, only one Earth has successfully met and triumphed over each Incursion that has threatened it: the Earth of the heroes of the Great Society! And guess which Earth is on a collision course with ours? Now, the New Avengers must take on the combined power of the Great Society — and only one parallel Earth can survive! But how far is Dr. Strange willing to go to protect the Marvel Universe? Which New Avenger will find the strength to press the button that destroys a world? And what will come in the aftermath? It’s the battle you didn’t know you wanted to see — until now! And as the Illuminati shatters under the weight of an exploding planet, follow the broken would-be world-savers through their last day on Earth. Collecting NEW AVENGERS (2013) #18-23.
    144 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-5485-3

ORIGINAL SIN HC
    Written by JASON AARON, MARK WAID, CHARLES SOULE, RYAN NORTH, DAN SLOTT, JAMES ROBINSON, AL EWING, CHIP ZDARSKY & MORE
    Penciled by MIKE DEODATO JR., JIM CHEUNG, RAMON VILLALOBOS, MARK BAGLEY, CHIP ZDARSKY & MORE
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Who killed the Watcher? Uatu, the mysterious space-god who observes mankind from the moon, is dead. Thus begins the greatest murder mystery in Marvel history! As Nick Fury leads a cosmic manhunt to the far corners of the universe, other forces marshal and other questions arise. Who is the Unseen? What was stolen from the Watcher’s lair? Just when the Avengers think they’ve cornered their murderer, everything explodes — unleashing the Marvel Universe’s greatest secrets and rocking the heroes to their core! What did the Watcher see? As all the truths come tumbling into the light, discover the Original Sins of dozens of major characters, from the Inhumans to Dr. Doom to J. Jonah Jameson! Collecting ORIGINAL SIN #0-8, ORIGINAL SINS #1-5 and material from POINT ONE #1.
    352 PGS./Parental Advisory …$49.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9069-1
    Trim size: oversized

Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus HC CHAYKIN COVER
    Written by ROY THOMAS, HOWARD CHAYKIN, ARCHIE GOODWIN, JO DUFFY & CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by HOWARD CHAYKIN, CARMINE INFANTINO, WALTER SIMONSON, HERB TRIMPE, MICHAEL GOLDEN, AL WILLIAMSON & MIKE VOSBURG
    Covers by HOWARD CHAYKIN & GREG HILDEBRANDT
    As the phenomenon dawned in 1977, Marvel Comics published the very first STAR WARS comic-book series. Now, the House of Ideas is re-presenting those original adventures in its wampa-sized Omnibus format! It’s the return of the Jedi to Marvel in an opening volume that begins with A NEW HOPE and ends with THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. In between, the rebels face a wealth of new perils — from space pirate Crimson Jack to the bounty hunter Beilert Valance, as well as a surprisingly svelte Jabba the Hut (one “t”). Luke goes back to Tatooine, Leia battles alone, Han and Chewie play the deadly Big Game, and Darth Vader hunts for answers! With all your old favorites and plenty of new faces — hello, Jaxxon! — there’s no doubt, the Force is strong with this one! Collecting STAR WARS (1977) #1-44 and ANNUAL #1.
    880 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9106-3
    Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus HC HILDEBRANDT COVER (DM ONLY)
    880 PGS./Rated T …$125
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9318-0

Updated first post with solicits, and Star Wars Omnibus

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

I was really looking forward to the new FF Epic and Avengers MMW coming out this week, but I see they're delayed to next week. It's kind of sad how much that depresses me. Maybe I should buy some of the books on my wish list to cheer myself up.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Pretty exciting about the Star Wars Omnibus, though as one poster pointed out DH should have done it a long time ago. Perhaps in a galaxy far, far, away it happened?

I'd love to see the Thrawn Trilogy in OHC, and the Dark Empire. That is about all the Star Wars comics I've read, because I was recommended them by a huge star wars nerd. They were pretty good.
    I like the sound of that world. Where that omnibus was two $30 12" library editions on their fantastic paper and binding. Dark Horse honestly deserve to have lost the license just for this silliness. They squandered it so IMHO don't deserve it.

I like the sound of that world. Where that omnibus was two $30 12" library editions on their fantastic paper and binding. Dark Horse honestly deserve to have lost the license just for this silliness. They squandered it so IMHO don't deserve it.
    How do you feel about the alternative? $125 for an 880 page book that probably won't even have any restoration work done to it?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Dark Horse did great things with the Star wars property. They treated with great care, I bet Marvel will only consider it a quick buck. Just because Dark Horse didn't put out some OHC's (yet) doesn't mean they didn't do right to the franchise, which it did.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Learned my lesson after Age Of Ultron and Infinity, and decided to wait for Original Sin in OHC. I know the paper will be ****, but the whole series plus the other issues oversized for what will likely be $25 on release week is fine by me.