Page 659 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Interviews with Eric Shanowar and Skottie Young:

I've always found Shanower himself looks like something out of a Disney animation movie. You know, the youthful, lanky, main character. Probably somewhat reluctant and slightly bumbling, too.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    He has his misses but he did some killer stories like Thor: God butcher, Punisher MAX, Scalped and Southern Bastards. I always like to compare him with Remender
    I'd compare him to Remender, too. He's a completely hit or miss writer. Fraction is the same way. Still, I"m going to give Scalped a shot. It comes out later this year in OHC (volume 1, anyway). I picked up Southern Bastards in tpb for about $3, but wasn't really impressed. I've heard nothing but good about Scalped, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Interviews with Eric Shanowar and Skottie Young:

There is a lot of great additional stuff, and the Omnibus itself is pretty beautiful to look at.
    Thanks for the pics. The book looks fantastic. How are the stories themselves?

I've been selling off a ton of my collection so I might finally get this one.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    That sucks! I'd hate for you to be stuck with only a crappy TPB as a choice when there are better formats available. I bought both re-mastered MMW HCs a few year ago for like a combined $35. They're much more readable than the unwieldy omnibus with its glued binding. The Silver Surfer MMWs HCs have this great paper from pre-2009 that's at least twice as thick as the paper used today--the bookblock of volume 1 is like the same thickness as a 500-page Epic--and let's not forget the sewn-binding!
    Now the paper turned crappy in 2009?
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Now the paper turned crappy in 2009?
    Not quite what I said about the MMW HCs, but the pre-2009 paper on MMWs was considerbly thicker than any paper Marvel now uses in any of its lines of books.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'd compare him to Remender, too.
    I've always thought of Remender as Marvel's Geoff Johns -- they're great taking other people's ideas and threads and building them into something interesting and new, but when they're creating from scratch it's borderline fan-fiction (multi-colored lantern rings = Red Onslaught).

I've found Aaron's work a lot more consistent and character driven. I can see why some people might not like it, but I'm more likely to enjoy something by him or Fraction than the other two (or at least feel I've gotten more from their work).

Have a good day.
    G Morrow

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Thanks for the pics. The book looks fantastic. How are the stories themselves?

I've been selling off a ton of my collection so I might finally get this one.
    Sorry, I can't help you there. I haven't read any of it yet.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Not quite what I said about the MMW HCs, but the pre-2009 paper on MMWs was considerbly thicker than any paper Marvel now uses in any of its lines of books.
    I know, I'm just poking fun.
    Miller was right.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    The Oz Omnibus is fantastic, content wise. And I love Scottie Young's work. I would have felt really nice with the faux leather cover and thick paper.
    +1
    I miss the good old times.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've heard nothing but good about Scalped, though.
    Yeah, I love Scalped. Before moving away last year and leaving my comics behind I used to read through the series at least twice a year.

Does anyone know what a good price might be for the Marvel Masterworks: Inhumans Volume 1? I have Volume 2 (at a used book store for cheap), and while I also want Volume 1, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it (I have a lot of its contents already, like many of the Amazing Adventures issues were reprinted in "Black Bolt: Something Inhuman This Way Comes", and the Thor back-up stories were in "The Origin of the Inhumans" TPB.)

Any advice on good prices, what people might have paid for it previously, where might be a good spot, etc. would be helpful.

Fantastic Member

The HCs from the April solicitations:

AVENGERS: TIME RUNS OUT VOL. 3 PREMIERE HC
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Penciled by STEFANO CASELLI & KEV WALKER
    Cover by DALE KEOWN
    For Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the Illuminati, it has all been building to this. After two years of carefully crafting his cataclysmic saga, writer Jonathan Hickman jumps ahead eight months to the grand finale, the honest-to-goodness immediate future of the Marvel Universe —and the day of the Final Incursion! After the revelation of the Illuminati’s desperate, world-destroying actions, the Avengers are fragmented! What has become of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes over the past eight months? What will happen when the Avengers, Illuminati and Cabal clash? And have all the battles they’ve endured, and the sacrifices they’ve made, prepared any of these groups for the inevitable moment when time runs out for everybody? The third act of the astonishing climax to Jonathan Hickman’s legendary run is here! Collecting AVENGERS (2012) #40-42 and NEW AVENGERS (2013) #29-30.
    136 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9222-0
    Trim size: standard

FIGMENT HC
    Written by JIM ZUB
    Penciled by FILIPE ANDRADE
    Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    The next great Disney adventure is here — starring one of Disney’s most popular characters! Dive into a steampunk fantasy story revealing the origin of the inventor known as Dreamfinder, and learn how one little spark of inspiration created a purple dragon called Figment! Our daring duo explore the realms of imagination, finding friends and foes alike — while back on Earth, a clockwork army assembles under the command of the frightening force known only as the Singular! And when Clockwork Control invades London while the intrepid explorers are trapped within the Nightmare Nation, the only obstacles standing between the Singular and total domination are Dreamfinder, Figment and their newfound friends! Acclaimed and uniquely talented creators Jim Zub (Skullkickers) and Filipe Andrade (CAPTAIN MARVEL) give a Marvel spin to Epcot’s mind-bending attraction, Journey into Imagination! Collecting FIGMENT #1-5.
    136 PGS./All Ages …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9099-8
    Trim size: oversized
    Re-solicitation - previous orders have been cancelled. Place orders using new item code on the DCD order form.
    Elements based on Figment © Disney

KING-SIZE KIRBY SLIPCASE HC
    Written by JACK KIRBY, MARTIN BURNSTEIN, JOE SIMON & STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    Hail to the King! Celebrate Jack “King” Kirby’s incredible contribution to Marvel’s history in this decades-spanning, Adamantium-sized collection! Westerns, romance, war, horror, sci-fi, humor and super heroes — Jack Kirby was a master of it all! From Captain America socking Hitler to Devil Dinosaur and the Eternals’ far-out adventures, savor Kirby’s work on his legendary creations including the Hulk, Thor, Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Inhumans! Collecting material from RED RAVEN COMICS #1; MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS #13; CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #1 and #7; TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #5; RAWHIDE KID (1955) #17; AMAZING ADVENTURES (1961) #1, STRANGE TALES (1951) #89, #94 and #114; TEEN-AGE ROMANCE #84; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #1, #48-51, #57-60 and ANNUAL #5; INCREDIBLE HULK (1962) #3; TWO-GUN KID #60; LOVE ROMANCES #103; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #8; SGT. FURY #6 and #13; AVENGERS (1963) #4; TALES OF SUSPENSE #59; X-MEN (1963) #9; THOR (1966) #134-136 and #155-157; NOT BRAND ECHH #1; AMAZING ADVENTURES (1970) #1-2; MARVEL TREASURY SPECIAL: CAPTAIN AMERICA’S BICENTENNIAL BATTLES; CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #200; ETERNALS (1976) #7; DEVIL DINOSAUR #1; and WHAT IF? (1977) #11.
    816 PGS./Rated T …$200.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9795-9
    Oversized slipcase edition (11-1/2 x 15-1/2)

MARVEL’S AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON — THE ART OF THE MOVIE SLIPCASE HC
    Written by JACOB JOHNSTON & JIM MCCANN
    The Avengers assemble again in Marvel Studios’ follow-up to the record-breaking Marvel’s The Avengers. Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner reprise their roles as world-saving heroes in an adventure like no other. In this new collectible volume, go around the world with the Avengers in page after page of stunning concept art, production design, visual effects, revealing set photography, and commentary from cast and crew, including writer/director Joss Whedon and producer Kevin Feige. Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron takes Marvel’s Cinematic Universe to new heights in yet another silver-screen triumph.
    240 PGS./All Ages …$49.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9006-6
    Trim size: landscape

MARVEL’S DAREDEVIL: DEFENDER OF HELL’S KITCHEN - SEASON ONE HC
    Marvel’s Daredevil follows the incredible journey of Matt Murdock, the Man Without Fear. Blinded in a tragic accident as a boy and imbued with extraordinary senses, Murdock has a mission to clean up his gritty city. He sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell’s Kitchen, New York, where he fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night. In this new collectible volume in line with Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Season One Declassified, see the costume and set designs that bring the hero to life. Packed with stunning set and production photography, as well as exclusive interviews, this beautiful showcase reveals the details of the set and script of Marvel’s Daredevil through the eyes of the makers.
    200 PGS./All Ages …$49.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9401-9

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE MIGHTY THOR VOL. 14 HC
    Written by GERRY CONWAY with ROY THOMAS & BILL MANTLO
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA with RICH BUCKLER, SAL BUSCEMA & GEORGE TUSKA
    Cover by GIL KANE
    The Mighty Thor adds another volume to his saga of Asgardian adventure as the Marvel Masterworks roll on! Thor is lucky to have the mighty Hercules at his side — because Loki has teamed with Firelord in a bid to usurp Odin’s throne! Meanwhile, Jane Foster has returned, and Thor is torn between aiding her on Earth and remaining in defense of Asgard! And when the Absorbing Man and Ulik the Troll enter the fray, the drama reaches epic proportions that will have you on the edge of your seat! Before it’s over, Thor will battle the gods of Egypt to save Odin from death itself. And to top off this voluminous volume, we’re including a rare Hercules solo tale from Marvel Premiere! Collecting THOR (1966) #229-241 and MARVEL PREMIERE #26.
    280 PGS./Rated T …$75
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9188-9
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE MIGHTY THOR VOL. 14 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 221 (DM ONLY)
    280 PGS./Rated T …$75
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9189-6

POWERS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • MICHAEL AVON OEMING (A/C)
    Heroes glide through the sky on lightning bolts and fire, alien creatures clash in epic battle – and on the dirty city streets below, homicide detectives Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim do their jobs. The award-winning mashup of cops and capes that’s taken PlayStation Network by storm finally gets an omnibus edition – completely redesigned, reformatted and reworked! This collection brings together every issue of the first volume of POWERS in one beautiful collection, starting with the mysterious death of Retro Girl, a superhero roleplaying game gone deadly and a Powers groupie murder – and featuring all the characters and stories that eventually won the prestigious Eisner Award, and made creators Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming comic superstars! Also includes the POWERS strips, a gallery of unused art and covers, a key to the POWERS superstar cameos, interviews, Easter eggs and more. Collects POWERS (2000) #1-37.
    1296 PGS./Mature …$125
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9827-7

THE ROAD TO MARVEL’S AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON - THE ART OF THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE HC SLIPCASE
    From alien invasions to the singularity: the road to Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron! The whole world knows the Avengers now, but this special collection returns to the roots of Earth’s Mightiest and sets the path for new adventures! See how the Avengers went from a rag-tag team to a fighting force. Just in time for MARVEL’S AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, this keepsake volume collects art, interviews, and photography from IRON MAN: ART OF THE MOVIE HC, IRON MAN: THE ART OF IRON MAN 2 HC, IRON MAN 3: THE ART OF THE MOVIE HC, CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE ART OF CAPTAIN AMERICA — THE FIRST AVENGER HC, CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER — ART OF THE MOVIE HC, THOR: THE ART OF THOR THE MOVIE HC, THOR: THE DARK WORLD — THE ART OF THE MOVIE HC, and AVENGERS: THE ART OF MARVEL’S AVENGERS HC.
    240 PGS./All Ages …$49.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9829-1

Fantastic Member

And a few more:

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER VOL. 2 HC
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by NIC KLEIN, RON GARNEY, EMANUELA LUPACCHINO, DAS PASTORAS, ESAD RIBIC, AGUSTIN ALESSIO, RM GUERA & SIMON BISLEY
    Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    The chase is on across the Nine Realms to capture Malekith, former lord of the Dark Elves! To find him, Thor allies with a Dark Elf sorceress, a gun-toting Light Elf, a gargantuan Mountain Giant, a dynamite-loving Dwarf and a particularly surly Troll! But when one teammate falls, will it mean war for all Nine Realms? As a traitor within the group strikes and Thor prepares to take drastic measures, Malekith stages his final bloody raid — on Earth! Then, Thor battles the multinational super-corporation Roxxon, but has he met his match in its ruthless new CEO, the “Minotaur”? And millennia from now, King Thor and his granddaughters battle to save what remains of Earth from Galactus! Plus: Jane Foster returns! Young Thor vs. Frost Giants! The origin of Malekith! And King Thor’s Original Sin! Collecting THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #12-25.
    328 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9800-0

THOR VOL. 1: THE GODDESS OF THUNDER PREMIERE HC
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN & JORGE MOLINA
    Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    Mjolnir lies on the moon, unable to be lifted! Something dark has befallen the God of Thunder, leaving him unworthy for the first time ever! But when Frost Giants invade Earth, the hammer will be lifted — and a mysterious woman will be transformed into an all-new version of the mighty Thor! Who is this new Goddess of Thunder? Not even Odin knows, but she may be Earth’s only hope against the Frost Giants! Get ready for a Thor like you’ve never seen before, as this all-new heroine takes Midgard by storm! Plus: The Odinson clearly doesn’t like that someone else is holding his hammer — it’s Thor vs. Thor! And Odin, desperate to see Mjolnir returned, will call on some very dangerous, very unexpected allies. It’s a bold new chapter in the storied history of Thor! Collecting THOR (2014) #1-5.
    136 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9238-1
    Trim size: standard

SPIDER-VERSE HC
    Written by DAN SLOTT, CHRISTOS GAGE, MICHAEL COSTA, DENNIS HOPELESS & PETER DAVID with SKOTTIE YOUNG, ROBBIE THOMPSON, KATIE COOK, KATHRYN IMMONEN, JED MCKAY, ROGER STERN, GERRY CONWAY, TOM DEFALCO & MORE
    Penciled by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, OLIVIER COIPEL, DAVE WILLIAMS, PACO DIAZ, GREG LAND & WILL SLINEY with HUMBERTO RAMOS, ADAM KUBERT, MIGUEL SEPULVEDA, JAKE PARKER, DENNIS MEDRI, KATIE COOK, MARK BROOKS, DAVID LAFUENTE, SHELDON VELLA, BOB MCLEOD, PAUL SMITH, RON FRENZ & MORE
    Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    When the evil Inheritors begin exterminating spider-characters throughout the multiverse, every single Spider-Man ever is needed to save the day! An interdimensional spider-army gathers to fight Morlun and his deadly family, but none of them is safe as the Prophecy comes to fruition! What will this brutal war for survival mean for Peter Parker and the rest of the spiders? Starring the Superior Spider-Man, the Ultimate Universe’s Miles Morales and Jessica Drew, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, Silk, Kaine, Scarlet Spider, MC2’s Spider-Girl, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man 1602, Spider-Ham, Spider-Monkey, Lady Spider, Spider-Punk, Spider-UK, a spider-powered Gwen Stacy…and hundreds more, from the beloved to the obscure! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2014) #7-15, SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #32-33, SPIDER-VERSE #1-2, SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #1-3, SCARLET SPIDERS #1-3, SPIDER-WOMAN (2014) #1-4, SPIDER-MAN 2099 (2014) #6-8 and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2014 (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) #1.
    624 PGS./Rated T …$75
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9035-6

THANOS: THE INFINITY RELATIVITY OGN-HC
    Written by JIM STARLIN
    Penciled by JIM STARLIN
    Cover by JIM STARLIN
    Annihilus, lord of the Negative Zone, makes a renewed assault on the positive universe, searching for a source of infinite power. To stop him, a fragile alliance of cosmic protectors forms. The Guardians of the Galaxy. Gladiator, Majestor of the Shi’ar. And Adam Warlock — whose complex cycle of death and rebirth has left him more confused than ever about his true nature. With Adam reunited with his Infinity Watch comrades Gamora, Drax and Pip the Troll — and joined by newer friends like Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon and Groot — they hold the potential to end Annihilus’ threat once and for all…if only they knew how! But the answer lies in the dark mind of another. A Titan, whom some would hold as mad. Could the fate of everything rest in the hands of…Thanos? Cosmic maestro Jim Starlin’s infinite odyssey continues!
    120 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9303-6

X-MEN/AVENGERS: ONSLAUGHT OMNIBUS HC
    Written by JEPH LOEB, SCOTT LOBDELL, TERRY KAVANAGH, MARK WAID, LARRY HAMA, TOM DEFALCO, PETER DAVID, HOWARD MACKIE, JOHN OSTRANDER & WILLIAM MESSNER-LOEBS
    Penciled by IAN CHURCHILL, BERNARD CHANG, PASQUAL FERRY, JOE MADUREIRA, ADAM POLLINA, ANTHONY CASTRILLO, STEVE SKROCE, VAL SEMEIKS, ANDY KUBERT, STEVE EPTING, MIKE S. MILLER, ADAM KUBERT, JOE BENNETT, RANDY GREEN, MIKE DEODATO JR., CARLOS PACHECO, ANGEL MEDINA, JEFF MATSUDA, STEFANO RAFFAELE, MARK BAGLEY, JOHN ROMITA JR., JOSH HOOD & TOM LYLE
    Covers by ADAM KUBERT
    Onslaught is here! The fury of Magneto plus the psionic might of Charles Xavier equals very bad news for the Marvel Universe! Now, discover how this mental monster came to be — and the full extent of the havoc he wreaked on the X-Men, the Avengers and pretty much everybody else! As the truth slowly dawns about the nature of the evil they face, how much are Marvel’s greatest heroes prepared to sacrifice to save the world? Collecting CABLE (1993) #32-36; UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #333-337; X-FORCE (1991) #55 and #57-58; X-MAN #15-19; X-MEN (1991) #53-57 and ANNUAL ’96; X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) #11; ONSLAUGHT: X-MEN, MARVEL UNIVERSE and EPILOGUE; AVENGERS (1963) #401-402; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #415; INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #444-445; WOLVERINE (1988) #104-105; X-FACTOR (1986) #125-126; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #415; GREEN GOBLIN #12; SPIDER-MAN (1990) #72; IRON MAN (1968) #332; PUNISHER (1995) #11; THOR (1966) #502; X-MEN: ROAD TO ONSLAUGHT; and material from EXCALIBUR (1988) #100 and FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #416.
    1296 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9262-6

Fantastic Member

And some big TPBs:

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION: BEHOLD…THE VISION TPB
    Volume #4 in the Avengers Epic Collections
    Written by ROY THOMAS
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA, GENE COLAN & SAL BUSCEMA with BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, FRANK GIACOIA & HOWARD PURCELL
    Cover by JOHN BUSCEMA
    Prepare yourself for one of the most stellar creative periods in Avengers history! Roy Thomas, John Buscema, Gene Colan and Sal Buscema raise Earth’s Mightiest Heroes to unheard-of heights with the debut of the Vision, an all-out battle with Ultron, and the introduction of Yellowjacket and an all-new Goliath! Then, Kang the Conqueror drops in from the 41st century, pitting our heroes against the Squadron Sinister in a cosmic chess match! As if one set of adversaries from across time wasn’t enough, the Avengers must also battle the Captain America, Sub-Mariner and Human Torch of 1941! Also featuring the Black Panther vs. the Sons of the Serpent, the return of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, and barbarian Arkon the Magnificent! Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #57-76 and MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) #17.
    456 PGS./Rated T …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9165-0

FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: STRANGE DAYS TPB
    Volume #25 in the Fantastic Four Epic Collections
    Written by TOM DEFALCO, PAUL RYAN, SCOTT LOBDELL & MARK WAID
    Penciled by PAUL RYAN, CARLOS PACHECO, JOHN BUSCEMA, ADAM KUBERT & JOE BENNETT
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Life and death struggles for Marvel’s First Family! Just when the FF were coming to terms with Reed Richards’ demise, he makes a suitably fantastic return! But that means Doctor Doom is alive, too! How did they both survive? Hyperstorm has all the answers, but his incredible lineage means he may be the one foe the Fantastic Four can’t beat. That’s not the only problem Reed has — there’s also the small matter of the Sub-Mariner’s feelings for Sue! A rejuvenated Franklin completes the family reunion, but will a reassembled Fantastic Four have any room for Scott Lang, aka Ant-Man? The legendary band is back together, but their joy won’t last for long. Onslaught is coming! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #403-416, FANTASTIC FOUR: THE LEGEND, ONSLAUGHT: MARVEL UNIVERSE and material from TALES OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE.
    472 PGS./Rated T …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9295-4

ORIGINAL SIN TPB
    Written by ED BRUBAKER, MARK WAID & JASON AARON
    Penciled by JAVIER PULIDO, JIM CHEUNG & MIKE DEODATO JR.
    Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    Who killed the Watcher? Uatu, the mysterious space-god who observes mankind from the moon…is dead. Thus begins the greatest murder mystery in Marvel history! As Nick Fury leads Marvel’s heroes in an investigation, other forces marshal and other questions arise. Who is the Unseen? What was stolen from the Watcher’s lair? Why is Black Panther gathering a secret team of his own — including Emma Frost, the Punisher and Doctor Strange? Fury’s cosmic manhunt leads to the far corners of the universe, but just when the Avengers think they’ve cornered their murderer…everything explodes, unleashing the Marvel Universe’s greatest secrets and rocking the heroes to their core! What did the Watcher see? Who pulled the trigger? What was the Original Sin? Find out here! Collecting ORIGINAL SIN #0-8 and material from POINT ONE.
    240 PGS./Parental Advisory …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-5491-4

SECRET WARS PRELUDE TPB
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN, JIM SHOOTER & BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by STEVE EPTING, MIKE ZECK, RYAN STEGMAN, SARA PICHELLI & ESAD RIBIC
    Cover by DALE KEOWN
    Follow the path to 2015’s event to end all events, Secret Wars — an epic more than 30 years in the making! From the senses-staggering climax of 1984’s original SECRET WARS saga, to the origin of Miles Morales, the new Ultimate Spider-Man, it’s all been leading up to this. And Marvel’s master planner, Jonathan Hickman, has long been planting seeds for the story only he could write. The Ultimates face an enemy more powerful than the gods — and Reed Richards is its leader! Doctor Doom faces threats from a universe he created! And the Illuminati reunite to face the reality-destroying threat of the Incursions! War is coming — be ready! Collecting NEW AVENGERS (2013) #1-3, MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS #10-12, FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #611, ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN (2011) #1 and ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #4.
    240 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9399-9

SECRET WARRIORS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN & BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by STEFANO CASELLI, ALESSANDRO VITTI, GIANLUCA GUGLIOTTA & ED MCGUINNESS
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Nick Fury, former director of the now-defunct S.H.I.E.L.D, has gathered a special handpicked team. Young and untested, the Secret Warriors are the offspring of the most powerful forces on Earth — and with Fury’s guidance, they might just have what it takes to save the world. But their mission is upended when Fury uncovers a bombshell Hydra conspiracy that reaches back for decades to the very beginnings of S.H.I.E.L.D.! As the Howling Commandoes reunite, and the Secret Warriors face Norman Osborn’s Dark Avengers and Thunderbolts, the Leviathan stirs in the darkness, preparing to take on Hydra! The only group that can stop either of these world-conquering organizations is Nick Fury’s Secret Warriors. But are these young soldiers unraveling under the pressure? Collecting SECRET WARRIORS #1-16, DARK REIGN: THE LIST — SECRET WARRIORS #1 and material from DARK REIGN: NEW NATION #1.
    480 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9763-8

STAR WARS LEGENDS EPIC COLLECTION: THE NEW REPUBLIC VOL. 1 TPB
    Written by TIMOTHY ZAHN, MICHAEL A. STACKPOLE, STEVE PERRY, JOHN WAGNER, ANDY MANGELS, IAN EDGINTON, RICH HEDDEN, KILIAN PLUNKETT, LUCAS MARANGON & MORE
    Penciled by CARLOS EZQUERRA, RON RANDALL, KILIAN PLUNKETT, JOHN NADEAU, IGOR KORDEY, CARLOS MEGLIA, RICK LEONARDI, LUCAS MARANGON & MORE
    Cover by DUNCAN FEGREDO
    When the Empire falls, a New Republic rises! After Star Wars: Episode VI — Return of the Jedi, Emperor Palpatine is dead — but can his faithful Hand, Mara Jade, complete her final mission of revenge? Replica droid assassin Guri has also lost her master…but as she struggles for humanity, her android brain makes her a target! When rivals clash over Jabba the Hutt’s criminal empire, the Bloated One makes a surprising appearance! And a mysterious doppelganger is asking for trouble impersonating everyone’s favorite bounty hunter — it’s Boba Fett vs. Boba Fett! Collecting STAR WARS: MARA JADE — BY THE EMPEROR’S HAND #0-6, STAR WARS: SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE — EVOLUTION #1-5, STAR WARS: THE JABBA TAPE, STAR WARS: BOBA FETT — TWIN ENGINES OF DESTRUCTION, and material from STAR WARS TALES #1, #3-5, #10, #14-15, #20 and #22.
    488 PGS./Rated T …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9716-4

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I've always found Shanower himself looks like something out of a Disney animation movie. You know, the youthful, lanky, main character. Probably somewhat reluctant and slightly bumbling, too.

Wasn't he in Frozen? ;-)