Page 1000 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 50090095099099699799899910001001100210031004101010501100 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I have them all already! Having great books like Hellboy helps balance out the self loathing from enjoying books like Onslaught.
    I just finished the new BPRD 46-48 HC last night. Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Onslaught crossover. It was published in summer '96 just as I was graduating HS and gearing up for College, the Olympics were in town and the Braves had just won the World Series the previous fall. So my recollections of reading those stories is tinted heavily with nostalgia and memories of what I was doing and where I bought each issue as it came out, what was going on in my life, etc.

The problem with Onslaught was that around this time Marvel had also agreed to farm out the Avengers and FF titles to Lee & Liefeld for Heroes Reborn but they had no idea how or what they were doing so that event got shoehorned into Onslaught and the whole thing ended as a bloated mess. When it started as an X-Men centric event it was good. When they tied every other book into the story it became a mess.

Just my 2c.

Ah yes, times were great and then it all went to hell. The Braves choked against the Yankees in '96 (screw you, Mark Wohlers!), the bomb went off at Bud World, the lame as president of the Olympics didn't declare Atlanta's "the best ever" (like he did for all previous ones), and then there was the X-Men.

Coincidence? I think not.

I'm blaming all this on Bobby Cox and a bunch of crappy Olympic vendors. And MARTA.

A bunch of books got delayed again. Onslaught looks like August now. I got some notifications but can't go through them all right now.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    A bunch of books got delayed again. Onslaught looks like August now. I got some notifications but can't go through them all right now.
    Secret Wars too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Secret Wars too.
    Star wars omni, deadpool v3 and ms marvel v1 too

Does anyone consider Werewolf By Night a "must buy?" I'm a huge Universal Monsters fan, however I don't have a frame of reference for this series other than reading the first appearance of Moon Knight. Sadly, the series has been omitted from Marvel Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    Does anyone consider Werewolf By Night a "must buy?" I'm a huge Universal Monsters fan, however I don't have a frame of reference for this series other than reading the first appearance of Moon Knight. Sadly, the series has been omitted from Marvel Unlimited.
    Because his name is Jack Russell, and he's a werewolf? How much more do you need? Maybe he shoulda been called "Terrier by Night"?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So I finally read Dark Phoenix Saga. It totally deserves the hype. Awesome read. Anyway, I read it in Essential form. I've looked over the color scans on Marvel Unlimited. They looked okay but not amazing. My question: Is it worth hunting down an in color collection?

I also read the original Clone Saga. Really, really good. Though I finally see why everyone says Conway's Spiderman was a weenie. He gets his butt kicked by everyone.
    Cyclops was right

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    So I finally read Dark Phoenix Saga. It totally deserves the hype. Awesome read. Anyway, I read it in Essential form. I've looked over the color scans on Marvel Unlimited. They looked okay but not amazing. My question: Is it worth hunting down an in color collection?
    I personally don't like bw versions, and since the DPS is such a grand story and one of the best, if not THE best, X-Men stories ever, I would definitely look to get it in color.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

OK guys this seems to be sort of silly but maybe this will be the best opportunity FOR SOMEONE IN LONDON on a budget to get an Ennis Punisher Max Omnibus, a Daredevil Companion Omnibus, a Captain Britain Omni, a Punisher Max vol 4 OHC, Captain America lives Omni, Thor Simonson Omni or whatever you seek (I have tons of books in very good to near mint condition, just don't ask for my Civil War Spider-Man). I'll be in London next week from Monday to Saturday and I'm looking for a way not to spend 500 £ just for sleeping. I am not the guy just going for the cheapest hotels because usually they suck a lot. I will probably end on AirBnB solution or something but IF you have a good idea, maybe we can all save the money and being pragmatic. I'm a nice, friendly and clean person so nothing to fear (and I will be away most of the time anyway). Should be quite close to the center not like 30 minutes in the tube every day ;-) Just PM.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post

I also read the original Clone Saga. Really, really good. Though I finally see why everyone says Conway's Spiderman was a weenie. He gets his butt kicked by everyone.
    The color production of it is pretty marvelous in Masterworks and Omni, but in both it's split across two volumes. There's a completely gratuitous OHC none of us would recommend. There are also a ton of editions of a plain old TPB that I don't remember having any specific gripes about.

If you're really looking for the best possible version, without opening up all of my individual copies of DPS (of which I have many) I think the reproduction is likely the best in TPB Masterworks Vol. 4-5.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    OK guys this seems to be sort of silly but maybe this will be the best opportunity FOR SOMEONE IN LONDON on a budget to get an Ennis Punisher Max Omnibus, a Daredevil Companion Omnibus, a Captain Britain Omni, a Punisher Max vol 4 OHC, Captain America lives Omni, Thor Simonson Omni or whatever you seek (I have tons of books in very good to near mint condition, just don't ask for my Civil War Spider-Man). I'll be in London next week from Monday to Saturday and I'm looking for a way not to spend 500 £ just for sleeping. I am not the guy just going for the cheapest hotels because usually they suck a lot. I will probably end on AirBnB solution or something but IF you have a good idea, maybe we can all save the money and being pragmatic. I'm a nice, friendly and clean person so nothing to fear (and I will be away most of the time anyway). Should be quite close to the center not like 30 minutes in the tube every day ;-) Just PM.
    If I lived in London I'd happily put you up and cook you meals for some of those books, (I'd probably let you crash for nothing because I'm nice like that), but sadly I'm no where near London
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The color production of it is pretty marvelous in Masterworks and Omni, but in both it's split across two volumes. There's a completely gratuitous OHC none of us would recommend. There are also a ton of editions of a plain old TPB that I don't remember having any specific gripes about.

If you're really looking for the best possible version, without opening up all of my individual copies of DPS (of which I have many) I think the reproduction is likely the best in TPB Masterworks Vol. 4-5.
    Krisis, you once asked about the size of the Masterwork reprints versus original printings. I didn't get pics but the daredevil reprint is somehow bigger than the original. The original is on the thin side, like volume 2.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Krisis, you once asked about the size of the Masterwork reprints versus original printings. I didn't get pics but the daredevil reprint is somehow bigger than the original. The original is on the thin side, like volume 2.
    I thought this might be the case. My brother has some purchased in the early 2000's xmen 1&2 (not sure what printings) and I don't recall them being nearly as thick as the current masterworks I have seen. I just had nothing to side by side on. If masterworks have been going up in quality I seriously regret getting into OHC/Omni format over MW. There are just so damn many MW's over the decades.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    Holy crap, until this post I thought this was just getting a TPB. I've also only read Moon Knight's first appearance, but I'll get this.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Holy crap, until this post I thought this was just getting a TPB. I've also only read Moon Knight's first appearance, but I'll get this.
    Oh yes it is! I can't wait to get my hands on this and enjoy the oversized mike ploog art. Some of my fave artwork from the era. Also ploog was instrumental for a lot of the designs in John Carpenters The Thing. One of the best movies ever! I'm jazzed for this collection.