Page 716 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 216616666706712713714715716717718719720726766816 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    So its been 2 business days since my order, and 2 books still aren't processed. How long should I wait until I send an email asking what's up?
    If it were me, I would give it 2-3 days. If nothing changes by then go ahead and email them asking for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    No sometimes they actually don't have the book in stock so they're waiting for the distributor to send it to them.
    I wish they would just notify us properly. How hard would it be to either add it to the status section or send an email? It would probably reduce the amount of email they get in regard to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Don't live in the states no more, but maybe they were off Monday for President's Day? Is that still a thing?

Also, what are the 2 books that aren't processed, are they recent books or old ones?
    I'm not sure if any businesses were on holiday, but USPS was off. Any orders wouldn't have shipped anyway.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I might be interested in reading some more of the Civil War tie-ins. (I've already read the main storyline and Amazing Spider-Man tie-ins). Sadly, the website I order most of my books from only has a couple in stock. What do you think is the best of the tie-in out of:
    Black Panther
    Captain America
    Fantastic Four
    Peter Parker: Spider-Man
    Wolverine
    By the way, I'm not looking for the most essential books, just the best ones in general.

^The only of those I read was Wolverine, but I enjoyed the hell out of those issues.

Don't live in the states no more, but maybe they were off Monday for President's Day? Is that still a thing?

Also, what are the 2 books that aren't processed, are they recent books or old ones?

No mail delivered on President's Day.

Amazing Member

Is Uncanny X-Men Volume 2 already OOP? Amazon seems to be sold out.

Never encountered Rom before but just checked Linkara's (atop the 4th wall) summary about the first 40 issues and it seems quite a good book. So I would join the "where is the Rom omnibus?" chanting crowd too. Is there any legal setback or is it just the usual " who knows why isn't it connected yet?" situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Never encountered Rom before but just checked Linkara's (atop the 4th wall) summary about the first 40 issues and it seems quite a good book. So I would join the "where is the Rom omnibus?" chanting crowd too. Is there any legal setback or is it just the usual " who knows why isn't it connected yet?" situation?
    I'm pretty sure Marvel does not own the rights to the ROM character proper, although they can use the SpaceKnights if they want to... I think the Spaceknights were used in Annihilation Conquest IIRC.

I think if they really wanted to, they could buy the rights for ROM, but does Marvel want to spend the $? Apparently not. Perhaps the demand is not very high? There are some quite vocal supporters of the old series, but are they the only ones that would buy it? Same could be said for other former properties of Marvel - Micronauts, etc... Until someone wants to make a ROM movie, then Marvel buys the rights to reprint their old material, I think it's forever in limbo...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    I might be interested in reading some more of the Civil War tie-ins. (I've already read the main storyline and Amazing Spider-Man tie-ins). Sadly, the website I order most of my books from only has a couple in stock. What do you think is the best of the tie-in out of:
    Black Panther
    Captain America
    Fantastic Four
    Wolverine
    By the way, I'm not looking for the most essential books, just the best ones in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Black Panther
    Captain America
    Fantastic Four
    Wolverine
    Agree with whoever said the Wolverine is good. It's basically Wolverine going off on his own after Nitro. (good stuff!)
    I remember thinking the Black Panther stuff was inessential but good.
    The Fantastic Four stuff was similar to the Amazing Spider-Man stuff (even shared a few scenes IIRC)

The Captain America stuff was good in so far as it continues Brubaker's narrative on the series, but I thought it was pretty worthless as a contribution to Civil War. (Except #25)

Peter Parker: Spider-Man was actually not running during Civil War, they just gave that name to the TPB that collected Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Sensational (or was it Spectacular?) Spider-Man. I didn't find that those issues brought much to the Civil War storyline. They were focused on Peter dealing with the fallout from his decision.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Avenue View Post
    Is Uncanny X-Men Volume 2 already OOP? Amazon seems to be sold out.
    Amazon have been out of stock for a couple of months now and it's definitely on a fast track to going OOP everywhere else. You can still obtain a copy of it from IST at a relatively good price of $57.99. CGN have put the price up to $69.99. They had it for $54.99 a week or so ago when I posted about it possibly going OOP. If you're interested, buy it now, because it'll be gone before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazon have been out of stock for a couple of months now and it's definitely on a fast track to going OOP everywhere else. You can still obtain a copy of it from IST at a relatively good price of $57.99. CGN have put the price up to $69.99. They had it for $54.99 a week or so ago when I posted about it possibly going OOP. If you're interested, buy it now, because it'll be gone before you know it.

Yeah, I don't even think I want this book, but I'm at a risk of fear of missing out.

Can anyone sell me on this book?

I came into comics on X-Men (around AoA), but have long since moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Glad I picked up the Byrne variant from CGN during their Black Friday deals for $50!

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I'm pretty sure Marvel does not own the rights to the ROM character proper, although they can use the SpaceKnights if they want to... I think the Spaceknights were used in Annihilation Conquest IIRC.

I think if they really wanted to, they could buy the rights for ROM, but does Marvel want to spend the $? Apparently not. Perhaps the demand is not very high? There are some quite vocal supporters of the old series, but are they the only ones that would buy it? Same could be said for other former properties of Marvel - Micronauts, etc... Until someone wants to make a ROM movie, then Marvel buys the rights to reprint their old material, I think it's forever in limbo...
    According to what info I've read and what fellow posters over on the MMW MB have shared, Hasbro now owns the rights to Rom. The Parker Brothers toy was a failure essentially from the get-go but the Marvel comic lasted much longer until 1986. Marvel owns the Space Knights plus the human version of Rom (he showed up during the Rick Jones wedding issue of Hulk), but apparently cannot use the cyborg version of the character. The recent Hulk: Regression TP reprinted a very heavily edited version of Incredible Hulk #296 where Rom was a guest star. Somewhere along the way Hasbro picked up the license to the robot/cyborg version of the character and now has lumped it in with their Transformers license.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...night-as-a-toy

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...ndex=15&page=1

I never read any ROM stories aside from a guest appearance here and there but I'd be willing to give it a try in collected form. Too bad it's such a long shot. Then again things like Avengers: The Crossing & Man-Thing saw the light of day and Howard the Duck got a reprint so who knows?

Yeah, I don't even think I want this book, but I'm at a risk of fear of missing out.

Can anyone sell me on this book?

I came into comics on X-Men (around AoA), but have long since moved on.
    It's Classic X-Men required reading material and holds up great even now. I don't know how many times I've read DPS and still love it. You get the bulk of that story plus Days of Future Past, Cockrum's return to the book after Byrne left, the battle with Magneto in ish 150, the X-Men & Spider-Man in the Savage Land and other goodies. Give it a shot!

By the way Amazon.com now has it for $66 and eligible for Prime shipping. They must have gotten in some new stock.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Glad I picked up the Byrne variant from CGN during their Black Friday deals for $50!

According to what info I've read and what fellow posters over on the MMW MB have shared, Hasbro now owns the rights to Rom. The Parker Brothers toy was a failure essentially from the get-go but the Marvel comic lasted much longer until 1986. Marvel owns the Space Knights plus the human version of Rom (he showed up during the Rick Jones wedding issue of Hulk), but apparently cannot use the cyborg version of the character. The recent Hulk: Regression TP reprinted a very heavily edited version of Incredible Hulk #296 where Rom was a guest star. Somewhere along the way Hasbro picked up the license to the robot/cyborg version of the character and now has lumped it in with their Transformers license.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...night-as-a-toy

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer...ndex=15&page=1

I never read any ROM stories aside from a guest appearance here and there but I'd be willing to give it a try in collected form. Too bad it's such a long shot. Then again things like Avengers: The Crossing & Man-Thing saw the light of day and Howard the Duck got a reprint so who knows?
    If Hasbro owns it, and with IDW having the bulk (maybe all) Hasbro licenses (Transformers, G.I.JOE...) maybe, just maybe, IDW will release a ROM collection or two in the future. Maybe if people wrote to IDW asking for it, that would help(?) I have all of the two lines of G.I.Joe OHC collections IDW has been putting out, and the books themselves (the physical builds) are excellent (I love the content, too, BTW!) I can't stress how awesome those books are, so if IDW would put out a ROM collection, even though I know slim-to-none about the character, I'd buy it. ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Thanks for the Rom replies. Well, if Hasbro has the rights along with TF maybe a Marvel-IDW copublished hc could happen? That would be even better! Alright, better quit dreamin and start to read what is already available
    edit: it seems I thought of the same thing as Rimmer the same time

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    It's Classic X-Men required reading material and holds up great even now. I don't know how many times I've read DPS and still love it. You get the bulk of that story plus Days of Future Past, Cockrum's return to the book after Byrne left, the battle with Magneto in ish 150, the X-Men & Spider-Man in the Savage Land and other goodies. Give it a shot!

By the way Amazon.com now has it for $66 and eligible for Prime shipping. They must have gotten in some new stock.
    Closer, closer...

My next fear is that buying one, I'll "have" to buy them all. So you mention that the bulk of DPS is in this vol. How much is missing? And where would I find it?