Page 553 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 534535035435495505515525535545555565575636036531053 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 17378

Indie is a good word for hawkeye. It's not hipster, it's not gonna make you want to buy a fedora and wear a scarf indoors.
    The art is definitely the selling point but the writing is also genuinely funny and surprisingly action packed considering it's based on Hawkguy's day-to-day life when he's no being a superhero.

I recomend buying volume one before it goes out of stock since the two OHCs are 30% less expensive than the omnibus. Also if you don't like it, you're only out 20 bucks.

btw I support having a separate thread for sales...
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 11-24-2014 at 06:16 PM.

- Just saying, I agree with the moving of the deals to the deal thread. I completely hear the opinion otherwise, but personally, I think it will be a good thing overall. Also, I felt no need to voice my opinion, since it was in agreement and I'm only going out of my way to post since to recognize that there are others who agree with this approach, even if we don't feel the need to chime in.

- I was underwhelmed with Hawkeye, but it's been a long time since I first read it and have been meaning to give it a re-read with all the negative comments the last couple weeks here. I don't remember disliking it as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    With the BN Code + Black Friday, i'll be getting Howard the Duck Omnibus, Watchmen Absolute edition and V for Vendetta. 8)
    Since you're referencing the use of a BN code, this belongs in the DEAL FORUM!!!

Seriously though, long time lurker, first time poster since the forum reset. Add me to the seemingly large majority of people not in favor of a separate deal forum. Look at the volume of posts that do not want a separate forum. Bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Indie is a good word for hawkeye. It's not hipster, it's not gonna make you want to buy a fedora and wear a scarf indoors.
    Oh come on! That's unfair!

Nothing too exciting from CGN for Black Friday on the Marvel Omnibus front; they knocked a few dollars off the Oz Omnibus, but still not enough to justify it for me right now. I was kind of hoping the Age Of Apocalypse Companion would get a deep discount, since there's only around 5 issues in it that I actually want, but I'll just have to hold on to my floppies of the stuff that was banished from the Omnibus proper (including X-Universe which definitely should've been in there).

Anybody know if there is an in print Thor collection that collects the issues between the Epic Collection: A Kingdom Lost and the Simonson run?
    I know the other epic (War of the Pantheons) picks up where the Simonson run ends.

Also with regard to the deal thread, I'd prefer the the info stay here. Being in the U.K deals are rarely posted that I can take advantage of so I wont bother checking a dedicated thread but occasionally a deal gets posted here that is applicable which is great. The posted U.S, Australian, Canadian etc deals that get posted I just skim over jealously
    Last edited by Rich; 11-24-2014 at 07:05 PM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Since this is now a thing: Please get the deals out of here and into their own thread.

We have a forum with multiple threads now and we all know how to subscribe to threads to get the newest updates. If we're all deal-hunters as collectors than we'll gain a massive efficiency by pooling the resources of the Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, IDW, etc communities into one thread. And, if the Marvel gang are the best at deal hunting, then we can help our friends from the other publishers.

I'd imagine one exception being if there is a SPECIFIC Marvel book that's on crazy deal (like an Amazon glitch) where we'd all be interested to know that fact specifically as Marvel collectors - but, that's up to the mods.

I was then about to comment on the CGN sale, but I can save it for that other thread

PS: Longer writing to come on a bunch of Marvel Now TPBs, but I am head-over-heels in love with All-New Ghost Rider. This is NOT a book I expected to like due to the hero or the art. It's like a Teen Titans cartoon about the people on the wrong side of the tracks in Veronica Mars that also is a Ghost Rider comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Anybody know if there is an in print Thor collection that collects the issues between the Epic Collection: A Kingdom Lost and the Simonson run?
    I know the other epic (War of the Pantheons) picks up where the Simonson run ends.
    Nope - that all remains uncollected. In fact, Kingdom Lost was a big gap prior to the debut of Epics. Thor's middle period was severely undercollected on either side of Simonson.
    Last edited by krisis; 11-24-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Thanks for the fast answer. Ah well, I suppose an Epic or two will cover it one day. Its not like I need more books to read right now, must be in double figures how many I'm currently making my way through.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Also with regard to the deal thread, I'd prefer the the info stay here. Being in the U.K deals are rarely posted that I can take advantage of so I wont bother checking a dedicated thread but occasionally a deal gets posted here that is applicable which is great. The posted U.S, Australian, Canadian etc deals that get posted I just skim over jealousy
    As a Canadian where we get almost no deals I know what you mean. I'm guaranteed to miss them now too, but it's clear that the majority does not rule here. Nothing we can do man. Sorry. I'll admit, the dedicated thread is great for Americans, but anyone outside of the US isn't going to be checking it regularly and thus will miss the occasional deal that applies to them whereas we could have seen it here while browsing. Ah well. Such is life.

/last post from me on the topic, only wanted to affirm Rich's point that this will be messing with non Americans which wasn't really mentioned before but is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by bkart1978 View Post
    Nothing too exciting from CGN for Black Friday on the Marvel Omnibus front; they knocked a few dollars off the Oz Omnibus, but still not enough to justify it for me right now. I was kind of hoping the Age Of Apocalypse Companion would get a deep discount, since there's only around 5 issues in it that I actually want, but I'll just have to hold on to my floppies of the stuff that was banished from the Omnibus proper (including X-Universe which definitely should've been in there).
    I didn't see anything I needed. What I don't understand, though, is where are the thousands of books advertised in their banner? I counted 10 pages of 50 books each. Isn't that 500?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I didn't see anything I needed. What I don't understand, though, is where are the thousands of books advertised in their banner? I counted 10 pages of 50 books each. Isn't that 500?
    I think it's counting all the various books that are already 50% off. So if you count EVERY book they have at 50% off or higher, it would be > 500 (greater than just the Christmas sale list). That's my take.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I think it's counting all the various books that are already 50% off. So if you count EVERY book they have at 50% off or higher, it would be > 500 (greater than just the Christmas sale list). That's my take.
    It's not an impressive sale. Looks more like they are clearing leftover stock.

My Marvel 75th omni shipped today. I didn't even realize that was out to DM.

Also thought I canceled it...
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

I don't know what upsets me more: that we can't mention deals on expensive books in this thread (esp. as a Canadian) or that people don't know how a forum message board works -- you know, with thread titles being a fairly clear indicator as to what is to be discussed. Clearly the two are in conflict w/ each other.

I kid, I kid. It doesn't bother me one way or another.

However...

If I were to comment on a "Collected Edition" that I was going to purchase w/ a coupon or through a deal...

By the way, Original Sin reads much better as a collected edition. I am now trying to decide if I want to pick up the Companion volume too -- out in a couple of months. There are some good books in there (e.g., those Hickman Avengers issues).

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    By the way, Original Sin reads much better as a collected edition. I am now trying to decide if I want to pick up the Companion volume too -- out in a couple of months. There are some good books in there (e.g., those Hickman Avengers issues).
    I couldn't agree more. Original Sin is better read collected. I was actually more interested in the companion. The deadpool, daredevil, avengers, mighty avengers, thor and loki, and ironman vs hulk series are all interesting to me. But now I'm good for getting the set.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.