Page 131 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 31811211271281291301311321331341351411812316311131 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 17378
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Ellis is wrong if he thinks being on a title for 6 months and having multiple printings makes it a productive property for Marvel. Sure it got some good attention but sales will drop immediately after his departure. Hell, since I have no interest in Brian Wood taking over, I'm not even bothering with issue #6 at this point (I have thru #5 pre-ordered at DCBS) as I might as well save myself a couple bucks and pick it up for a buck or two somewhere down the road. All my excitement for this title left with Ellis.
    Don't be so sure. After all, look at all of the popular and successful story arcs that followed Extremis.... Oh, wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    What with quite a few of you wanting to see Rucka’s Punisher make it to OHC format, I have a question. What recent/current ongoing do you wish to see make the OHC/Omnibus “shortlist”?

Other than anything and everything Daredevil and Spider-Man, my candidate is Iron Fist The living Weapon. Kaare Andrews delivers a double punch with his unique art form and down to earth writing.
    Savage Wolverine (at very least for the art), finishing Superior Spider-Man, Hickman's Avengers. Like Krisis said, I would love a prelude to Infinity that includes the previous Avengers AND New Avengers issues. Happy to be getting ANXM (Immonen over-sized!) and Thor God of Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Except one rule: Spider-Man always sells. That would be a compelling 3 I think.
    Agreed, Spidey is probably an anomaly, and they chose the Stern material over reprinting another silver age volume, which was a good idea. A Spidey vol. 3 is probably in the cards at some point, but for the other lines, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Yikes, I forgot about Arena. Would love that to get an OHC. I am trying to hold off buying the trades. Also Journey Into Mystery by Immonen and Schiti.

Phil Noto's art in Black Widow is quite something. Seeing that in OHC would be nice.

Elektra and Moon Knight are pretty interesting.
    It really is. He is producing some stellar art so far, I hope he sticks around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    I'll definitely pick up a Black Widow OHC.
    At the minute, I am reading it free via digital code trade so I wouldn't even have to worry about double dipping.

With the speed and inconsistency of current omnibus releases I would say that we don't know where they're headed. We only recently finally got UXM2. They've only been doing this line since 2006 or so with any "frequency" (loosely used) and they're still finding ways to release material. There's lots we may see from the silver age to now that may be volume 3, or titled a different way.

"Volume X" is harder to sell a so were seeing more that are sold by author, event, era, title.

Can anyone here predict omnibus?
    Last edited by Canucked; 06-10-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Savage Wolverine (at very least for the art), finishing Superior Spider-Man, Hickman's Avengers. Like Krisis said, I would love a prelude to Infinity that includes the previous Avengers AND New Avengers issues. Happy to be getting ANXM (Immonen over-sized!) and Thor God of Thunder.
    Spider-Man / Wolverine by Zeb Wells & Joe Madureira is oversized, I believe. It has Savage Wolverine #6-8, as well as Avenging Spider-Man #1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Spider-Man / Wolverine by Zeb Wells & Joe Madureira is oversized, I believe. It has Savage Wolverine #6-8, as well as Avenging Spider-Man #1-3.
    I've been tempted to get this book but it's expensive and I don't know anything about the story.

It's two stories, not remotely connected. The spiderman one vaguely involves wolverine (it's really a red hulk team up) and the wolverine one barely involves spiderman (it's an Electra team up)

It's funny I you like wells and it's cools to look at if you like joe mad.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    It's two stories, not remotely connected. The spiderman one vaguely involves wolverine (it's really a red hulk team up) and the wolverine one barely involves spiderman (it's an Electra team up)

It's funny I you like wells and it's cools to look at if you like joe mad.
    I love Wells - definitely in my top 5 Marvel writers. He's made me love a lot of books I don't otherwise have an interest in.

That said, that Wolverine/Elektra story was "meh." I wouldn't call it worth reading. Honestly, the weird sci-fi story by Jock that followed was much better. I was entranced.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I love Wells - definitely in my top 5 Marvel writers. He's made me love a lot of books I don't otherwise have an interest in.

That said, that Wolverine/Elektra story was "meh." I wouldn't call it worth reading. Honestly, the weird sci-fi story by Jock that followed was much better. I was entranced.
    I agree. That story by jock is great. But I like well's take on wolverine too. And his spider-man wolverine dialogue is hilarious. I would read a monthly spidey-Logan team up by him.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

What with quite a few of you wanting to see Rucka’s Punisher make it to OHC format, I have a question. What recent/current ongoing do you wish to see make the OHC/Omnibus “shortlist”?
    Moon Knight
    UXM
    All new X-factor
    Cable & X-foce

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    All new X-factor
    I would love for this book to get some kind of HC treatment.

With the apparent death of the Premiere HC line, I may have to rethink my "hardcover only" policy. It would be criminal for some of these All-New NOW! books to remain TPB only...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    This is the exact opposite of what people who read the series have been saying here.
    Guess I'm just not like everyone else, I enjoyed what I've read and teally looking foward to readin it all

OHC/Omni's that are needed:

Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-man - it's criminal this stuff wasn't OHC'd

All New X-Men - would've been OHC'd bitd

Uncanny Avengers - would've been OHC'd bitd

Secret Avengers - Brubaker, then Ellis, then Remender...this material is deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    OHC/Omni's that are needed:

Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-man - it's criminal this stuff wasn't OHC'd

All New X-Men - would've been OHC'd bitd

Uncanny Avengers - would've been OHC'd bitd

Secret Avengers - Brubaker, then Ellis, then Remender...this material is deserving.
    I definitely want to see Uncanny Avengers as well. All New X-Men is getting OHC in September.