Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
I know ive allready stated this but damnable am I sad I wish I found the hobby years ago so I had a chance to get some of these hcs. I know you can still find them but its much harder. I am so envious of you guys that have a lot of these.

Seeing as a lot of the ones that are oop are worth some money its safe to say the ones I have now will go up in value when there oop? I have superior spider man 1-3 avenges & new avengers vol 1 by Hickman and also infinity.

Also have both of hickmans ff omnis. Nice to see that vol 1 is going for more than double what I payed for on amazon.

Not that I would ever sell them its just nice knowing you have things of value or potential value!
Nothing is guaranteed to go up in value. It's a combo of supply and demand, which includes Marvel's decisions to reprint. If you had a Daredevil by Miller Omnibus, it was worth a lot. Then they reprinted it and it went back down to just being worth less than cover price. Then that reprint went OOP. Prices skyrocketed. Then another reprint was announced and now it's back down to below cover price. Meanwhile, Marvel has never reprinted stuff like the Silver Surfer Omnibus or the Wolverine Omnibus, so those stay sky high.

So if you have an in demand Omnibus or hardcover that goes out of print and Marvel doesn't reprint it, then theoretically it might be worth something someday. But if you have something like the Marvel Now Omnibus that no one wants it doesn't really matter if it's in print, out of print, 10,000 copies out there, or 5,000 copies out there - there's little to no market for anyone to buy it so it's not really worth much of anything.