Page 1159 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 15965910591109114911551156115711581159
Results 17,371 to 17,378 of 17378
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I know ive allready stated this but damnable am I sad I wish I found the hobby years ago so I had a chance to get some of these hcs. I know you can still find them but its much harder. I am so envious of you guys that have a lot of these.

Seeing as a lot of the ones that are oop are worth some money its safe to say the ones I have now will go up in value when there oop? I have superior spider man 1-3 avenges & new avengers vol 1 by Hickman and also infinity.

Also have both of hickmans ff omnis. Nice to see that vol 1 is going for more than double what I payed for on amazon.

Not that I would ever sell them its just nice knowing you have things of value or potential value!
    Nothing is guaranteed to go up in value. It's a combo of supply and demand, which includes Marvel's decisions to reprint. If you had a Daredevil by Miller Omnibus, it was worth a lot. Then they reprinted it and it went back down to just being worth less than cover price. Then that reprint went OOP. Prices skyrocketed. Then another reprint was announced and now it's back down to below cover price. Meanwhile, Marvel has never reprinted stuff like the Silver Surfer Omnibus or the Wolverine Omnibus, so those stay sky high.

So if you have an in demand Omnibus or hardcover that goes out of print and Marvel doesn't reprint it, then theoretically it might be worth something someday. But if you have something like the Marvel Now Omnibus that no one wants it doesn't really matter if it's in print, out of print, 10,000 copies out there, or 5,000 copies out there - there's little to no market for anyone to buy it so it's not really worth much of anything.

Just a heads up for anyone interested in the Fantastic Four 3 omnibus as IST, TOW and now CGN are sold out. Amazon and B&N currently still have it in stock.

CGN's prices started rising but now shows out of stock. My guess is they have more and will list it again at much higher prices when it truly goes OOP once Amazon and B&N are sold out. Have seen this pattern with other omnibus titles.

I also did a big update to the OOP list I keep on page 4 and have asked NZ to copy to page 1.
    Last edited by Omnibus; 10-12-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Nothing is guaranteed to go up in value. It's a combo of supply and demand, which includes Marvel's decisions to reprint. If you had a Daredevil by Miller Omnibus, it was worth a lot. Then they reprinted it and it went back down to just being worth less than cover price. Then that reprint went OOP. Prices skyrocketed. Then another reprint was announced and now it's back down to below cover price. Meanwhile, Marvel has never reprinted stuff like the Silver Surfer Omnibus or the Wolverine Omnibus, so those stay sky high.

So if you have an in demand Omnibus or hardcover that goes out of print and Marvel doesn't reprint it, then theoretically it might be worth something someday. But if you have something like the Marvel Now Omnibus that no one wants it doesn't really matter if it's in print, out of print, 10,000 copies out there, or 5,000 copies out there - there's little to no market for anyone to buy it so it's not really worth much of anything.
    It boggles a lot of our minds as to why certain titles are not reprinted or in the case of some titles reprinted more often. For example The Uncanny X-Men volume 1 has had three omnibus printings, all have sold out and each time the prices soar when it sells out. You would think Marvel would keep a title like that in print since it always sells versus a title like the Marvel Now Omnibus you mentioned. That title will surpass the Women of Marvel Omnibus for taking up precious warehouse space for years to come. Maybe Marvel will bury all the unsold copies in the New Mexico desert next to the E.T. cartridges.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Hi Guys

Just a quick message for any UK collectors who may be able to get to York.

I found a 2nd hand book store in High Petergate Street in York, just up from The Little Apple Bookshop.

She had 1st edition Daredevil Frank Miller Omnibus, and the Iron Man Omnibus vol 1. Both in mint condition and £75 each.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    It boggles a lot of our minds as to why certain titles are not reprinted or in the case of some titles reprinted more often. For example The Uncanny X-Men volume 1 has had three omnibus printings, all have sold out and each time the prices soar when it sells out. You would think Marvel would keep a title like that in print since it always sells versus a title like the Marvel Now Omnibus you mentioned. That title will surpass the Women of Marvel Omnibus for taking up precious warehouse space for years to come. Maybe Marvel will bury all the unsold copies in the New Mexico desert next to the E.T. cartridges.
    Actually, I think the ET cartridges were dug up last month, so there's plenty of room.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    That's odd. I placed IST orders on the past 2 Tuesdays, and both orders were at my door 7 days later. And if I remember correctly, you're also in NorCal...?
    Yeah, south bay. For years it was like clockwork but now it never ships until Thursday earliest.

I'm posting the new thread tonight, heads up.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

The new Marvel Collected thread is here:

http://community.comicbookresources....ted-Editions-1

This will be locked in 3...2...1