Page 168 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I love Jenkins, but you're not the first person I've heard say this. Have you read any of his Peter Parker: Spider-Man run from the early 00's? It's probably my favorite Marvel work of his, and I'm only a moderate Spidey fan.
    Some of my favorite Spidey stories ever. He was great at the Peter Parker character work.

Amazing Member

Is the second Iron Fist collection as good as the first? Loved Brubaker/Fraction stuff but don't know about the other writers material once they took over

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Is the second Iron Fist collection as good as the first? Loved Brubaker/Fraction stuff but don't know about the other writers material once they took over
    I haven't read Immortal Weapons, but I can tell you that Swierczynski's stuff is pretty good and picks up some plot threads from Fraction's run. Travel Foreman's art is really good, but it's nowhere similar to Aja's.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I've heard some people here be down on it, but I really dug the main series stories in the second collection. They're much more succinct than the first, and the tone is clearly not Fraction/Bru, but they still feel of a piece.

The Immortal Weapons stuff at the end was hit/miss. Some are great, others dull.

If you liked Vol. 1 I'd definitely recommend it.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I love Jenkins, but you're not the first person I've heard say this. Have you read any of his Peter Parker: Spider-Man run from the early 00's? It's probably my favorite Marvel work of his, and I'm only a moderate Spidey fan. On the other end of the spectrum, his Hellblazer was great too (don't know if you're a Vertigo guy?).

On Topic: None of the above are available in OSHC
    Yes, his Hellblazer was great! So glad DC is finally collecting it, even if it is in tpb.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    I have tried to order some of these too good to be true books from them in the past and each time they come back and say that the books are out of stock. But why not test this out, I ordered Iron Man Omnibus Vol.1 and Silver Surfer Vol 1. The site would not let me order more than one copy of each. We will see...
    I went ahead and ordered this book too. That would be awesome if it really comes.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I've been looking at the book depository stuff, but all the OOP omnis discussed here don't seem to have an option to buy - they just say "unavailable" ( Silver Surfer and Howard the Duck specifically). Can anyone provide a link? Thanks!

BANNED

I loved every page of the IG Aftermath TPB. But I guess I'm biased because those issues of Silver Surfer and Warlock and the Infinity Watch were some of my favorite books as a kid. I must have read each of those a hundred times and seeing them in the trade was a real blast from the past. The art is amazing as well. I'm super excited about the upcoming IG omnibus for the exact same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart View Post
    I have the TPB, and to be honest, I only really enjoyed Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1 and maybe an issue or two more, and then a few of the Surfer issues. The majority of the Warlock issues weren't that great, but that was probably because I am not familiar with the Man Beast storyline from earlier in his history. Also, the surfer issues are totally unrelated for the most part to anything infinity.

There are a few good issues here but I'd say only 40% of the book was to my liking, and I am a big infinity gauntlet/war/crusade fan

On an unrelated note, I had a problem recently with my Claremont/Lee volume 2 Uncanny omnibus...the posters in the back of the book were causing the previous 40 or so pages to crease. So I made the mistake of ripping them out, along with the page right after them (the blank grey page) and the page right before them....the pages are now no longer creased, but it bothers the heck out of me that I pulled the posters out and lost the second half of one of the page spreads.

It seems like you can't win either way. I don't want all those awesome trading card pages all creased up

Just been checking my Amazon pre-orders as all this talk of IG Omnibus reminded me I should make sure I'm getting it, turns out I already have it locked in and at a super nice price too. Can't wait.

I have never bought an Omnibus edition before and, after receiving some Amazon gift cards for my birthday, have decided it is time to finally pick one up. I was contemplating the Wolverine and the X-Men by Aaron? If anyone has any advice of Omnibus editions (preferably of modern age comics, I have loads of Essential editions of classics) to purchase that sit around the £50 price on Amazon, that'd be great!

Also, if anyone has the WatXM omnibus, is the paper quality alright? Heard some stuff about bad paper recently. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I've been looking at the book depository stuff, but all the OOP omnis discussed here don't seem to have an option to buy - they just say "unavailable" ( Silver Surfer and Howard the Duck specifically). Can anyone provide a link? Thanks!
    http://www.bookdepository.com/Howard-Duck/9780785130239

I can see an "add to basket button"

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorJaHawk View Post
    I have never bought an Omnibus edition before and, after receiving some Amazon gift cards for my birthday, have decided it is time to finally pick one up. I was contemplating the Wolverine and the X-Men by Aaron? If anyone has any advice of Omnibus editions (preferably of modern age comics, I have loads of Essential editions of classics) to purchase that sit around the £50 price on Amazon, that'd be great!

Also, if anyone has the WatXM omnibus, is the paper quality alright? Heard some stuff about bad paper recently. Thanks in advance!
    Try the X-statix omnibus, Uncanny X-Force omnibus and some more. What are you actually interested in
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Try the X-statix omnibus, Uncanny X-Force omnibus and some more. What are you actually interested in
    Your prediction was a good one - huge fan of X-Men but not really read much modern material, more the Claremont era and the newest Marvel Now series. Was contemplating WatXM, AvX Companion or something along those lines. Just want something fun, worth reading and decent value for money.

(Should mention, I've bought Volumes 1-4 of Uncanny X-Force separately before I realised there was an omnibus, so going to get the last 4 volumes of that eventually hence why I'm not going for that Omni)

EDIT: Darn Amazon, I add WatXM to my basket, go for a shower, and when I come back to order it, the price has jumped up £10 more. Grr
    Last edited by SuperiorJaHawk; 06-27-2014 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorJaHawk View Post
    Your prediction was a good one - huge fan of X-Men but not really read much modern material, more the Claremont era and the newest Marvel Now series. Was contemplating WatXM, AvX Companion or something along those lines. Just want something fun, worth reading and decent value for money.

(Should mention, I've bought Volumes 1-4 of Uncanny X-Force separately before I realised there was an omnibus, so going to get the last 4 volumes of that eventually hence why I'm not going for that Omni)

EDIT: Darn Amazon, I add WatXM to my basket, go for a shower, and when I come back to order it, the price has jumped up £10 more. Grr
    I would recommend Morrison's New X-men. Aaron's WatXM tries to capture the same feel but it's more silly and not as succesful in the execution as New X-men (that said, I nejoyed WatXM too).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I would recommend Morrison's New X-men. Aaron's WatXM tries to capture the same feel but it's more silly and not as succesful in the execution as New X-men (that said, I nejoyed WatXM too).
    Yeah New X-men would be my number one X-men recommendation as well.