Page 399 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499899 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 17378
    Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    That was who I ordered it from a week ago for £14 but they cancelled, I then tried Book Depository with the same result. Looks like I just missed it I don't know what to buy in its place now as I've had a load up on everything else I currently wanted. Might wait for the Winter Soldier collection next week.
    http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...1-TP/MAY090597

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    You can ignore the two Marvel Masterworks (collecting the X-Men's guest appearances in other titles during the era their book was in reprints) and the Marvel Premier Classics (collecting various X-Men-related miniseries) if you're only interested in the omnibuses or the "main storyline." There's another one due out soon called "Inferno Prologue" that will fill the gap between the Fall of the Mutants and Inferno volumes.
    You're an organizer after my own heart. Disregard format, organize chronologically. Love it!

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

More of my silly questions.

Fall of the Mutants.

I found the 'rare' TPB but it only collects uncanny x-men, new mutants and X-Factor.

Am I going to be missing much by getting this version and not the 2 volume TPB which collects other stuff like Hulk, F4 and Cap?

I don't really care for those characters, I prefer the X-Men.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

The Fall of the Mutants OHC is still relatively easy to find for a good price. I believe that collects all the material in both TPBs (others will correct me if I'm wrong). It's a handsome volume. I'd go for that one.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by biakabo View Post
    I've been gone for awhile and have been reading this backwards and saw the talk of this and freaked out since I was selling these both and thought I sent the wrong book to someone. That would have sucked. Great luck for you though man.
    I don't understand why everyone is back patting and congratulating this guy, the seller has made an honest mistake and sent out the wrong book I'd have sent him an email to let him know not acting like I'd won the lottery, I'd feel gutted if I'd made a mistake like that while selling and would hope the buyer would do the decent thing.

Guess I'm in the minority as judging from the comments on here you'd all just keep it, but there's more to life than saving a few bucks, it wouldn't sit right with me keeping a book I hadn't paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is back patting and congratulating this guy, the seller has made an honest mistake and sent out the wrong book I'd have sent him an email to let him know not acting like I'd won the lottery, I'd feel gutted if I'd made a mistake like that while selling and would hope the buyer would do the decent thing.

Guess I'm in the minority as judging from the comments on here you'd all just keep it, but there's more to life than saving a few bucks, it wouldn't sit right with me keeping a book I hadn't paid for.
    It says on amazon he has another new one. The one he sent me wasn't sealed so I think he's still making a profit. I also did pay 40 bucks above cover price.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    It says on amazon he has another new one. The one he sent me wasn't sealed so I think he's still making a profit. I also did pay 40 bucks above cover price.
    Aah I see, I misunderstood and thought it was an individual selling off their collection on eBay. Only thing I get from Amazon is busted up books lol.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I bought these. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    They work for OHC and Omnibi. For regular sized I think 10 inches would work.
    Also this is the video I learned from.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0dFOpQq6Rs
    Thanks for this.

Does anyone do anything for TPBs? I'd like something to keep them in a little better shape when my kids read them.

Shipping to England takes the total up to £30, I paid that for the Sleeper omnibus last week. I like ultimate collections, but not that much lol

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

My War of Kings OHC arrived today after my eBay victory. It's pretty good condition wise, bar along the bottom edge where there is a dent.

It can't be seen remotely from the shelf or anything, but I do wish the seller had said.

Ah well, it fills the gap that needed to be filled
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I'm looking for the best Iron Man/Mandarin stories that are still available in collected. Not so much introspection as balls-to-the-wall action blockbuster. I currently have "Haunted" in my cart. Any other recommendations?

Also, what other Iron Man stories are like this? How good is Hypervelocity? Not looking for anything old (mid 90's or older). *Any* help would be much appreciated, but I'm more interested in getting my Mandarin fix.

[edit] Please don't recommend Extremis, Ultimate Iron-Man or The Five Nightmares. I've read those.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    I'm looking for the best Iron Man/Mandarin stories that are still available in collected. Not so much introspection as balls-to-the-wall action blockbuster. I currently have "Haunted" in my cart. Any other recommendations?

Also, what other Iron Man stories are like this? How good is Hypervelocity? Not looking for anything old (mid 90's or older). *Any* help would be much appreciated, but I'm more interested in getting my Mandarin fix.

[edit] Please don't recommend Extremis, Ultimate Iron-Man or The Five Nightmares. I've read those.
    My favorite Iron man stuff are the Michelinie runs but if those are too old I'd say maybe Busiek's run? I can't think of any good Mandarin stories except Haunted though
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    My War of Kings OHC arrived today after my eBay victory. It's pretty good condition wise, bar along the bottom edge where there is a dent.

It can't be seen remotely from the shelf or anything, but I do wish the seller had said.

Ah well, it fills the gap that needed to be filled
    Man I hate it when they're technically right with the condition but there's still that tiny bump that annoys me so much.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    I just recently got into Omnibuses, with my purchases of Vol 1 and Micheline/McFarlane of Amazing Spider-Man. I'd really like to get ASM V2, but am not willing to pay the prices it is going for now. Since places like Amazon and Books-a-Million still list it as out of stock, but still able to order, is there a possibility of more stock coming? I would imagine that those places would remove the listing if they were totally out of print.
    You can safely bet no more stock will be coming. You can hope for a second print if and when Vol. 3 ever goes to print.

Those websites should really get rid of those out of stock statements. Keep a lookout on ebay and on the amazon marketplace, and always visit any comic stores you see on your travels.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post

You want Busiek's Mandarin story for all out action. I recommend the entire run that is collected in an omnibus. The Knauf's run is more of a slow burner in relation to the Mandarin in a lot of ways, but still pretty great.