Page 996 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 4968969469869929939949959969979989991000100610461096 ... LastLast
Results 14,926 to 14,940 of 17378
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Wow, after the main book I thought the Nova tie in was probably the best bit. Kev Walkers art was especially great.
    Me too. It's one of my favorite stories period. (Though I h ent read it for a while)
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Alias Omni has been shipped!

Second Deadpool OHC is really good. Pretty much read the whole thing in one day

Also, a noprize to the first person who can guess which volume is which minus dust jacket:
    image.jpg
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post

Also, a noprize to the first person who can guess which volume is which minus dust jacket:
    image.jpg
    My copy just shipped! Though it was supposed to ship with the Annihilation Conquest Omnibus. Ah well. Next week!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post

image.jpg
    The top one! It just has that vol 2 aura.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    The story ranged from boring to confusing, although the latter may be at least partially due to the former. The art was just across the board bad. But, like I said, this is all based on what I was able to tolerate. Maybe it gets a lot better later on, but I'll never know because what I read (Drax, Prologue, Nova) was not my bag at all and I have plenty of other stuff to read.
    Thanks. Yeah, I found most the tie ins pretty tedious too. Loved the main series though.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The top one! It just has that vol 2 aura.
    Congratulations!
    vrwo7d.jpg
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I found most the tie ins pretty tedious too. Loved the main series though.
    I thought about skipping around and seeing if there was some point where it would work for me, but by then I was kinda soured on cosmic stuff for the moment and then I saw it selling for dumb money so I decided to just move on. I'm reading West Coast Avengers now and loving it.

I just read Earth X and... I could barely finish it. I was so bored from all of the "humanity has no hope" nonsense and the dialogue and exposition were super pretentious. It was a cool concept and the art was really good, however it dragged on about six issues too long, and the overall execution was severely lacking.

Mighty Member

Anyone else annoyed they changed the font slightly for the deadpool ohc? It's thinner, and the number is slightly different as well. The changed seemed to have occurred with the GOTG ohc but i didn't notice until i had a vol. 2 to compare to. So yeah, expect x-men, thor, etc to continue this trend in the coming months. Damn you Marvel, why? Why???

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Anyone else annoyed they changed the font slightly for the deadpool ohc? It's thinner, and the number is slightly different as well. The changed seemed to have occurred with the GOTG ohc but i didn't notice until i had a vol. 2 to compare to. So yeah, expect x-men, thor, etc to continue this trend in the coming months. Damn you Marvel, why? Why???
    I contacted Tom Brevoort about this and it appears to be the new Marvel policy going forward. The new thinner font is in place to save the company on ink costs and generate more profit for Marvel.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Incredible Member

Hey, so what's the consensus on the Young Avengers omnibus? My LCS periodically has 50% off sales, and I've considered picking this up at the next one. I read the original YA series and vaguely remember liking it, two kids and a million years ago, but I wouldn't say I have any driving need to check this out. But I'm generally a fan of funny teen/young adult books (Young Justice, Blue Monday, Scott Pilgrim, etc.), and this sounds like it has a humorous slant to it. So is it worth $25 for what looks like 16 issues?

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Hey, so what's the consensus on the Young Avengers omnibus? My LCS periodically has 50% off sales, and I've considered picking this up at the next one. I read the original YA series and vaguely remember liking it, two kids and a million years ago, but I wouldn't say I have any driving need to check this out. But I'm generally a fan of funny teen/young adult books (Young Justice, Blue Monday, Scott Pilgrim, etc.), and this sounds like it has a humorous slant to it. So is it worth $25 for what looks like 16 issues?
    Yeah, I think so. While Gillen's series shares many of the same characters as Heinberg's, it's a completely different read. Gillen's series is very layered, nuanced, and steeped in metaphor ("Metaphor!" -- you'll get it when you read the book). It's almost Morrisonian in the way that it expects a lot of the reader and won't hold your hand. It requires more work on the reader's end, but, as is usually the case, putting in the work results in a much more satisfying read than is typical of mainstream superhero fare. I love Heinberg's series and Gillen's, but for entirely different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    I just read Earth X and... I could barely finish it. I was so bored from all of the "humanity has no hope" nonsense and the dialogue and exposition were super pretentious. It was a cool concept and the art was really good, however it dragged on about six issues too long, and the overall execution was severely lacking.
    I've always been mixed on this as well. It certainly had its moments, but overall it was average at best. Tony Stark/IM was pretty cool, though. During the later series, there was a four-issue spin-off (can't remember the name of the title) that I thought was pretty good. As I recall it led into Paradise X.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I really enjoyed it, but I liked the first series, which you can get in OHC, better. There's also the Children's Crusade, which is the sequel to the first series. Crusade was OK.

Spectacular Member

I've recently purchased the three West Coast Avengers TPBs that follow on from the omnis (Vision Quest, Darker Than Scarlet, Along Came a Spider-Woman). I'm up to the 'gap' in Darker Than Scarlet and have to admit, I've never read anything by John Byrne before but I have really enjoyed his run.

In regards to the Scarlet Witch, there are a number of references made to Atlantis Attacks and a couple places where the story cites some of those annuals. I've looked at the reviews for the omni on Amazon and it seems quite a mixed bag so thought it would be worthwhile to ask here - is it worth getting to 'fill in' the gaps in the Witch's story? How is the event overall? Thanks