Page 834 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 334734784824830831832833834835836837838844884934 ... LastLast
Results 12,496 to 12,510 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Of that list I picked up Fraction's FF and Uncanny Avengers, having not read either of them. I promptly sold UA after not being able to finish it because it was so bad.

Out of everything left, I will definitely get Annihilation Conquest and maybe SHIELD.

I'd get the Hawkeye if I idnd' thave the OHC v. 1 - so instead I'll get v. 2.

There is some good stuff on that last, like the Busiek Avengers, but I've just read it enough times that I don't think I'll get it but would certainly recommend it.

I almost fell into the Werewolf by Night trap, but I've read those comics a number of times over the years and, frankly, they're not that good.

I would think about getting Secret Wars, but I think I might pick up this one in floppies. I actually think it's going to have a real and lasting (for the foreseeable future) effect on the Marvel Universe and I'd rather be on the ground floor when it happens and not be spoiled.
    I was going to get that Werewolf Omni, but this made me doubt. Why are the WbN comics not that good?
    I guess only the Shield omni for me, then and maybe he Annihilation one.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i have only read one Iron Man story, which was Extremis, which i liked quite a bit, there is a Invincible Iron Man Omnibus vols 1 & 2 by Fraction which I'm considering getting, is it in a similar vein to Extremis? or a completely different thing?
    I'm not a fan myself. I would rather recommend the run by the Knaufs which almost directly followed Ellis's two stories. You're not a fan of pre-2000 comics right?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

definitely be getting these (although "Onslaught" is just a curiosity killer )

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    04/22/2015 – Fantastic Four vol.3 by Stan Lee/Kirby
    06/16/2015 – Annihilation: Conquest (Amazon release date)
    07/01/2015 – X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught (Amazon release date)

i have only read one Iron Man story, which was Extremis, which i liked quite a bit, there is a Invincible Iron Man Omnibus vols 1 & 2 by Fraction which I'm considering getting, is it in a similar vein to Extremis? or a completely different thing?
    They never finished collecting that run in that format...so unless you dont mind having a mixture of OHCs and trades go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    While I haven't read extremis (I'm the opposite of you lol), I will point out that those volumes are actually oversized hardcovers, not omnibuses even though amazon lists it that way. I'll also say that I loved the Fraction run and Larrocca's art is serviceable. Probably my favorite Iron Man run.
    if it goes for a reasonable price i may chance it

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm not a fan myself. I would rather recommend the run by the Knaufs which almost directly followed Ellis's two stories. You're not a fan of pre-2000 comics right?
    yeah, i tend to find pre 2000 superhero comics a bit..... i don't even know how to describe it, i love a lot of pre 2000 stuff, but it's pretty much all Vertigo (Hellblazer, Swampthing & Animal Man)

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    They never finished collecting that run in that format...so unless you dont mind having a mixture of OHCs and trades go for it.
    Now that would drive me mad, seems strange that after the films hit big there hasn't been a newish omni released

edit. Just noticed a Kurt Busiek and Sean Chen omni, thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 04-10-2015 at 08:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

From this years releases I'll definitely be picking up the following,

Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender
    Avengers by Busiek & Perez Volume 1
    Avengers by Busiek & Perez Volume 2
    Annihilation: Conquest

I'll keep an eye of Werewolf by Night and Powers but I still have a huge "buy list" I need to work through.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    First post hasn't been updated because I've been waiting for you to post your list I'm only getting two books on that list, Brubakers Cap and Secret Wars. So only one Omnibus. Though I'll keep an eye on Powers to see what it's like compared to my current Definitive Editions.
    Ha, Ha! Feel free to use it on the front page accounting for my misstep of listing the OHC Secret Wars event as an Omni and Canucked seems certain the DC/Marvel 90's Omni isn't for real, anyone else have a feeling on that?

Edit: I see you did already!
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 04-10-2015 at 08:45 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I almost fell into the Werewolf by Night trap, but I've read those comics a number of times over the years and, frankly, they're not that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Good to know! I think we probably share similar tastes, and I've never read WWbN. I shouldn't be temped to buy a 1200+ omnibus now.
    I was looking forward to reading this book. I've always been kind of curious about the content. In your opinion is the content "bad = BAD" or "bad = dated material to be read with a nostalgic viewpoint".

For comparison, I picked up the TOD Essentials/Omnis back in the day and enjoyed reading them for a long while but about halfway thru lost interest, the stories became grating, and I never finished them.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    definitely be getting these (although "Onslaught" is just a curiosity killer )
    Sorry if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but does anyone know what the difference will be between the Onslaught Omni content and the existing Onslaught Epic TPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    Does anyone think we will get Busiek's Avengers in a complete/ultimate collection form? Is the omnibus selling well?
    Probably not for the foreseeable future. It was initially reprinted as standard TPs, then the OHCs, then softcover reprints of the OHCs (with some errors corrected). This year the content is being released as Omnis.

edit. Just noticed a Kurt Busiek and Sean Chen omni, thoughts on this?
    Personally I've only sampled an issue or two here and there, but it appears to be a fine companion book to Buisek's Avengers. My college roommate really enjoyed it when that run was coming out monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Good to know! I think we probably share similar tastes, and I've never read WWbN. I shouldn't be temped to buy a 1200+ omnibus now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    I was going to get that Werewolf Omni, but this made me doubt. Why are the WbN comics not that good?
    I guess only the Shield omni for me, then and maybe he Annihilation one.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I was looking forward to reading this book. I've always been kind of curious about the content. In your opinion is the content "bad = BAD" or "bad = dated material to be read with a nostalgic viewpoint".

For comparison, I picked up the TOD Essentials/Omnis back in the day and enjoyed reading them for a long while but about halfway thru lost interest, the stories became grating, and I never finished them.
    Here's why I don't like it and I think Graham kind if hits it on the head.

First, the stories are very dense, the dialogue is corny and the stories are very cliche. Were they groundbreaking at the time? Maybe, I don't know.

They're the kind of stories I would pick up over the years with full intention of reading all the way through, thinking that maybe they didn't hold my attention the first time I tried them because maybe I didn't "get" them.

I equate them somewhat - and maybe because they're "horror" stories - to Man-Thing or even Tomb of Dracula. Are there some good stories there? Absolutely, but they are very dated. And, do you want to read the whole series right in a row? No, you don't.

It's not like, say the first Fantastic Four omnibus, where - yes, some of that Stan Lee stuff is tough to get through - there are some groundbreaking ideas that might not be executed all that well, but still lay the blueprint for things to come.

I'm not sure if all this makes sense. The WbN stories just aren't for me.

I think if you drop the money on this book, even $50 or so bucks at a CGN discount, you'll regret it about 10-12 issues in. If it's a book that goes on super discount at the end of next year - maybe $20 or $30, then even I might pick it up again and (probably to my eventual regret) give it one more shot.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Does this feel like a current known list of Marvel Omnis for 2015? It's one I keep in a Word Doc for quick reference. The first post hasn't been updated in some time.

01/14/2015 – Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years
    02/04/2015 – Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender
    02/04/2015 – Fantastic Four by Matt Fraction
    03/18/2015 – Avengers by Kurt Busiek & George Perez Volume 1
    03/24/2015 – The Avengers Volume 2 by Stan Lee, Roy Thomas et al.
    04/22/2015 – Fantastic Four vol.3 by Stan Lee/Kirby
    05/06/2015 – Captain America: Return of the Winter Soldier
    06/16/2015 – Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years vol.2 (Amazon release date)
    06/16/2015 – Annihilation: Conquest (Amazon release date)
    07/01/2015 – X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught (Amazon release date)
    07/28/2015 - Powers vol.1 (Amazon release date) NOT GETTING
    08/18/2015 - Marvel Firsts: The 1990s (Amazon release date) NOT GETTING
    08/18/2015 - Ultimate Marvel vol.1 (Amazon release date) NOT GETTING
    09/16/2015 – Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years vol.3 (Amazon release date)
    09/16/2015 – Hawkeye by Matt Fraction & David Aja (Amazon release date)
    10/07/2015 – Werewolf by Night (Forbidden Planet release date)
    10/20/2015 – S.H.I.E.L.D: The Complete Collection (Amazon release date)
    11/17/2015 – Secret Wars 2015 Event (Amazon release date)
    11/17/2015 – Guardians of the Galaxy Solo Classic (Amazon release date) POSSIBLE GET
    11/17/2015 – Avengers by Kurt Busiek & George Perez Volume 2 (Amazon release date)
    12/21/2015 – DC/Marvel Crossover Classics (Amazon release date)
    If you want an accurate date, I've found that the Amazon date is 6 days after the books arrive in comic shops/online sellers like InStockTrades.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    If you want an accurate date, I've found that the Amazon date is 6 days after the books arrive in comic shops/online sellers like InStockTrades.
    In my experience it's more like two weeks. Sometimes more or sometimes less.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I only buy online, but I know some people like to support their LCS even if they're trade waiters. Some LCSes offer some level of discount on trades, but most don't approach the online discounts. If that's how consumers want to spend their money then that's their call.

The other place where I see people flushing money down the drain on regular full priced trades is cons. I was astounded the way people were paying full price for recent trades. Like do these people not even check Amazon at the very least? Of course cons have discount trades too, but usually they're used / overstock / have some amount of wear and usually the books aren't super recent.
    When I'm at a con I'll buy a book directly from the writer/artist selling the book because I think I'm contributing towards their funds directly. I bought Stan Sakai's UY Saga vol. 2 at full price, because I thought it's cool that he gets the whole amount instead of a fraction of the price. He signs and sketches and I pay the man directly. Win/win to me.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

03/24/2015 – The Avengers Volume 2 by Stan Lee, Roy Thomas et al. - Got it
    07/01/2015 – X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught - Hard to resist, but not currently planning on it
    10/07/2015 – Werewolf by Night - Definitely getting it
    10/20/2015 – S.H.I.E.L.D: The Complete Collection - Can't decide
    11/17/2015 – Secret Wars 2015 Event - Definitely getting it

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    Does anyone think we will get Busiek's Avengers in a complete/ultimate collection form? Is the omnibus selling well?
    That already happened - the Assemble trades are completely equivalent to the complete/ultimate form.
    Last edited by krisis; 04-10-2015 at 11:57 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Latest collection info from Marvel Previews:
    A.K.A. Jessica Jones: Season 1 HC - production photography, scripts, interviews - November release so expect Netflix series around then
    The Marvel Legacy of Jack Kirby HC by John Rhett Thomas
    "In essays and commentary, this deluxe, oversized volume reviews the comics, the influence and the times of Kirby, and puts a special focus on the month that changed everything - November 1961."*
    *Of course that was August 1961 according to what I've read online (and I think The Untold Story verifies that). Good to see some more biographical stuff though, nice cover too. Thomas has previously worked on art books and Marvel Spotlight/Marvel Saga books.
    Werewolf by Night Omnibus
    Marvel Spotlight #2-4, WBN #1-43, Marvel Team-Up #12, Dracula #18, Giant-Size Creatures #1, Giant-Size Werewolf #2-5, Marvel Premiere #28
    Man-Thing: Complete Collection vol. 1
    Astonishing Tales #12-13, Fear #10-19, Marvel Two-in-One #1, Man-Thing #1-8, Savage Tales #1, Monsters Unleashed #5
    Monster of Frankenstein
    Frankenstein #1-18, Giant-Size WBN #2, Marvel Team-Up #36-37, Monsters Unleashed #2, 4-10, Legion of Monsters #1
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Omnibus
    ST #135-138, NF: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1-15, FF #21, Tales of Suspsense #78, Marvel Spotlight #31, Avengers #72
    S.H.I.E.L.D. by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby: The Complete Collection - so people like me who already have the Steranko Complete Collection are safe
    ST #135-150, FF #21, Tales of Suspense #78
    Guardians of the Galaxy Solo Classic Omnibus
    Hulk #271; Annual #5, Iron Man #55, Captain Marvel #27-33, 43-44, 58-62; Strange Tales #180-181; Warlock #9-11, 15; Avengers #219-220, Annual #7; Two-in-One Annual #1, Preview #11; Spotlight #1-2, 6-7; Premiere #61, Rocket Raccoon #1-4, Star-Lord Special Edition and more
    Avengers by Busiek/Perez Omni vol. 2
    #24-56, 1 1/2, Annual 00-01, Thunderbolts #42-44, Maximum Security, Ultron Imperative
    Daredevil Epic: Widow's Kiss
    #365-380, -1, DD/Deadpool Annual
    Greenberg the Vampire
    MGN #20, Bizarre Adventures #29
    Thanos: Cosmic Powers
    Secret Defenders #12-14, Cosmic Powers #1-6
    A-Force Presents v2
    Black Widow #2, Captain Marvel #2, Ms Marvel #2, She-Hulk #2, Thor #2, Squirrel Girl #2
    Miles Morales Ultimate Collection Book 3
    Cataclysm: USM #1-3, USM #200, MM:USM #1-12
    Deadpool by Posehn/Duggan v4 HC
    #35-44, #250
    Age of Apocalypse v3: Omega
    Moon Night Epic: Shadows of the Moon
    #5-23
    MM: Spider-Woman v1
    Spotlight #32, Two-in-One #29-33, Spider-Woman #1-8
    Silver Surfer Epic: Freedom
    1982 GN, #1-14, Super-Villain Classics #1, Epic Illustrated #1, Fanfare #51
    Wolverine Epic: Dying Game
    #87-100, Annual 95, Knight of Terra
    X-Men Epic: The Gift
    #189-198, Nightcrawler #1-4, Alpha Flight #1-2
    Deadpool Classic v14: Suicide Kings
    Games of Death #1, Suicide Kings #1-5, #900, #1000, Origins, Digital Holiday Spectacular #2, Spotlight
    No More Bullying
    One-shot, Thor #356, Spider-Man Prevent Child Abuse, Daredevil (2011) #28, cover gallery
    MM: ASM v17
    ASM #169-180, Annual #11, Nova #12, Treasury Edition #14
    MM: Defenders v5
    #31-41, Annual #1, Treasury Edition #12
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Monster of Frankenstein
    Frankenstein #1-18, Giant-Size WBN #2, Marvel Team-Up #36-37, Monsters Unleashed #2, 4-10, Legion of Monsters #1
    I wish this was just an Omnibus, its 30+ issues, not a TPB. Even if the MU stories are just shorter 8-10 page stories an Omni seems a better fit, especially given their other horror Omni collections. I prefer sticking with Omnis but may have to get this as it may be the most comprehensive collection of this material Marvel does. It's never been collected before, correct?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime