Page 759 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 259659709749755756757758759760761762763769809859 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,385 of 17378
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Also, if we make the not-wild assumption that the second wave of Epics (MK, SS, Wolvie, X-Men) will be released once a year, we already have the first fish from that group - Moon Knight - which is a great sign.
    Second Daredevil Epic is also on its way!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    It seems crazy to me that Ultimate Spider-Man hasn't had a second omnibus yet. Did they way, way over produce the first volume? Or am I just assuming it sold well because of what it is and most people already owned it in other formats?

New Avengers too, I know a lot of people really didn't like Bendis' Avengers. Personally a lot of the stories are very good and the art is a who's who of the best 00's Marvel artists.
    While new avengers seems like a weird drop, we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes. It could be anything from a change in people, to a corrupt file, to (most popular opinion) not meeting sales expectations that kept volume 2 from showing. But there is hope. Uncanny X-Men waited like seven or eight years between volume 1 and volume 2. It's a different story, since making a collection of comics from the different eras is different between 70s material and 2000s material.

I think Marvel is experimenting with Ultimate Universe in the new omnibus. If you want more Ultimate omnibuses then make the new one a hit. It is a volume 1 after all. When it sells like crap and marvel doesn't release volume 2 though, then you may be SOL until marvel tries something else to sell it.

And I hate to say it but retailer pre-orders count in this too. I'm pretty sure that's why we are seeing the second Busiek Avengers omni so fast.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

If only they'd collect Miles Morales in ohc. Still possible.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    If only they'd collect Miles Morales in ohc. Still possible.
    I doubt it.

Has Marvel ever released an Ultimate/Complete collection like this and then done a OHC down the track?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    It seems crazy to me that Ultimate Spider-Man hasn't had a second omnibus yet. Did they way, way over produce the first volume? Or am I just assuming it sold well because of what it is and most people already owned it in other formats?

New Avengers too, I know a lot of people really didn't like Bendis' Avengers. Personally a lot of the stories are very good and the art is a who's who of the best 00's Marvel artists.
    I think, with New Avengers, they just couldn't figure out a good way to collect it. That's the point where the book really became too tied in with events. Also where the team split and it became two books with New and Mighty. Personally, I decided to stop waiting and finish the run in OHC, and I'm glad I did. Did the same with Ultimate Spider-Man. And in both cases, I found I preferred reading the OHCs to the omnibuses.

Is Hickman's New Avengers OHC still listed as containing 1-12? The inclusion of the Infinity chapters is kinda what's holding me back from buying it...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I think, with New Avengers, they just couldn't figure out a good way to collect it. That's the point where the book really became too tied in with events. Also where the team split and it became two books with New and Mighty. Personally, I decided to stop waiting and finish the run in OHC, and I'm glad I did. Did the same with Ultimate Spider-Man. And in both cases, I found I preferred reading the OHCs to the omnibuses.
    Same here. Just got tired of waiting and got me all the OHCs of New Avengers, Mighty Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man. So I am good here.

Nice to see all you guys are still here - I packed up all my books, moved, renovated a house and have just unpacked them all again

Just been catching up with whats hot / what's not and what's on the way.

Am I right in thinking there is no Hawkeye Volume 2 OSH planned - to get it all you have to double dip on the very expensive omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Same here. Just got tired of waiting and got me all the OHCs of New Avengers, Mighty Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man. So I am good here.

Is there a reason I can't find New Avengers vol. 4 (OHC) on amazon? I think that in order to complete my collection, I need Omnibus 1 (check) and OHC 4-7. While 5-7 are easy to find, vol.4 is a mystery. I'm probably blind or something...
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by MrJed View Post
    Nice to see all you guys are still here - I packed up all my books, moved, renovated a house and have just unpacked them all again

Just been catching up with whats hot / what's not and what's on the way.

Am I right in thinking there is no Hawkeye Volume 2 OSH planned - to get it all you have to double dip on the very expensive omnibus?
    They tried to go that route but after the understandable outcry from all of the people who bought the first OHC Marvel relented and solicited the second OHC. I can't remember the release date off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    They tried to go that route but after the understandable outcry from all of the people who bought the first OHC Marvel relented and solicited the second OHC. I can't remember the release date off the top of my head.
    Thanks, thats good to know. I couldn't find it on amazon, or in the OHC list at the start of the thread... if anyone has a link - link me up

Quote Originally Posted by MrJed View Post
    Thanks, thats good to know. I couldn't find it on amazon, or in the OHC list at the start of the thread... if anyone has a link - link me up
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785154612/...I17D0ICE4V0H0U
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by THE KZA View Post
    got this for 10 bucks today brand new!

saw this earlier too

You lucky son of a gun. I wanted to get the Nyx/X-23 hardcover but it's always going for insane prices.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Thanks very much - on my wishlist!

If anyone's on the fence about the Secret Wars (Hickman) OHC, being overpriced for the page count, etc... Amazon has it right now preorder for $30.99 (US). That's not bad. If on the fence, you might wanna add that to a preorder since you can always cancel it later. Not sure if even the online specialty places will be selling it for $30.99 when it gets solicited there.

Amazon's preorder pricing tends to ebb and flow, especially when the fishes first come out (I'm sure this is all done via some magical algorithm in their system...) so some of the preorders are decent prices right now (at least for Amazon), so if you tend to order from them, now's the time to pour through the fishes and preorder what you want, lock in that "lowest" price, if you will. Like I said, you can always cancel the preorder down the line.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.