Page 1008 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 8508908958998100410051006100710081009101010111012101810581108 ... LastLast
Results 15,106 to 15,120 of 17378

I got my Conquest yesterday!

Everyone who hasn't needs to take a valium and relax. There will be ore coming out soon (imo).

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Everyone who hasn't needs to take a valium and relax. There will be ore coming out soon (imo).
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

Forgot i even had the pre-order.
    Amazon says mine has shipped.

Also had the note for Secret Wars being delayed until next year (not been keeping up)

All-New Member

Before I buy the book, an amazon review says that his book came with printing errors on page 14 and 15. Purple blobs and white streaks. Can anyone check their Annihilation Conquest book to see if this was just an isolated incident? Seems kind of fishy that quite a lot of the distributors haven't shipped their books and have something like this happen to someone. Could it be that Marvel is doing a second printing because of this?

Also, first post!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
    Before I buy the book, an amazon review says that his book came with printing errors on page 14 and 15. Purple blobs and white streaks. Can anyone check their Annihilation Conquest book to see if this was just an isolated incident? Seems kind of fishy that quite a lot of the distributors haven't shipped their books and have something like this happen to someone. Could it be that Marvel is doing a second printing because of this?

Also, first post!
    Flipped through mine two nights ago page by page checking for any irregularities due to a production error I recently found in my Remender Punisher (found way to late to return it of course). I saw nothing wrong in my copy.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

As soon as I took my Valium, the clouds parted, the gods wept and Amazon sent an email saying they would be delivering my parcel today. I also wept.

Fantastic Member

Got my Annihilaiton Conquest Omnibus yesterday. Now I need my War of Kings Omnibus.

In other news,

I have a secret ballot going on over at the MMW YUKU forum. Just follow the link and let me know your ten most wanted marvel omnibus and I will tally the votes and reveal..This is my third year doing this.

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...s#.VY_PV-ttM20

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Caved to the pressure and bought Annihilation Conquest from Rakuten.

I just got some points through, so it was a pretty good saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Flipped through mine two nights ago page by page checking for any irregularities due to a production error I recently found in my Remender Punisher (found way to late to return it of course). I saw nothing wrong in my copy.
    Smart! Checking for production errors as soon as you get your book. I've had many omnibuses arrive that look normal in the plastic wrap, but I've had many that have had some sort of production problem, including: bad bindings; glue overspray; miscut pages; torn pages; pages stuck together due to glue or inks adhering to adjacent pages; and so forth. I've heard stories on past versions of this thread of covers being attached upside down and books having missing and/or duplicate pages.

Taking your Marvel books out of their plastic wrap and checking for problems while you can still return them is a must given the egregiously high error rate with these $100+ collections. I pity those people who keep these on the shelf for years only to discover a problem such as missing story pages. If you buy one these off eBay still in the plastic wrap from someone and it turns out to have a hidden problem, I can bet you might have a time getting your money back or else someone's going to get screwed--as it is Marvel screws over the retailer in situations like this because they'll claim the item is "non-returnable" even if it has a factory defect.
    Last edited by DrGregatron; 06-28-2015 at 05:59 AM.

Amazing Member

Marvel, Please give me an Incredible Hulk By Peter David omnibus.

I beg you.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Smart! Checking for production errors as soon as you get your book. I've had many omnibuses arrive that look normal in the plastic wrap, but I've had many that have had some sort of production problem, including: bad bindings; glue overspray; miscut pages; torn pages; pages stuck together due to glue or inks adhering to adjacent pages; and so forth. I've heard stories on past versions of this thread of covers being attached upside down and books having missing and/or duplicate pages.

Taking your Marvel books out of their plastic wrap and checking for problems while you can still return them is a must given the egregiously high error rate with these $100+ collections. I pity those people who keep these on the shelf for years only to discover a problem such as missing story pages. If you buy one these off eBay still in the plastic wrap from someone and it turns out to have a hidden problem, I can bet you might have a time getting your money back or else someone's going to get screwed--as it is Marvel screws over the retailer in situations like this because they'll claim the item is "non-returnable" even if it has a factory defect.
    oh god you guys just made me super paranoid.. i leave all my books in plastic until i start reading them i need to start checking everything now. but i'm even knowledgeable enough about binding to know if i got a messed up one and i doubt i'd notice missing pages since i'm new to collecting and haven't read most of these stories.. lol. do you just go through the pages one by one?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    oh god you guys just made me super paranoid.. i leave all my books in plastic until i start reading them i need to start checking everything now. but i'm even knowledgeable enough about binding to know if i got a messed up one and i doubt i'd notice missing pages since i'm new to collecting and haven't read most of these stories.. lol. do you just go through the pages one by one?
    I used to do this when I got my books, then I did a massive order on Black Friday and fell behind and just started opening when I read them. When I got to my Remender Punisher I found miscut pages that make 4 pages just about unreadable. Now I am back to opening as they arrive and hoping the rest that are still wrapped are ok. I agree with Dr. Greg on this that the glue overspray and pages sticking together is way more prevalent than it should be I haven't had this issue bad enough for me to return the book but it happens to where the gutter doesn't open fully in spots. Also the paper backing to the spine glueing issue still rears it head, I have repaired 4 books now and still have a couple to do.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    It says "oversized." Is this going to be an artist edition you think, meaning over-oversized?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Marvel, Please give me an Incredible Hulk By Peter David omnibus.

I beg you.

It would probably be about three volumes, but yes!

The hulk artist edition was advertised here a while ago.
    http://community.comicbookresources....st-select-hc-1