Page 1039 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 395399399891029103510361037103810391040104110421043104910891139 ... LastLast
Results 15,571 to 15,585 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That's somewhat faulty logic. Yes, living in the US gets us a great discount, but it's still an increase.

When I look at a $100 book, I'm really looking at a $50-$55 book, because, fortunately, right now I'm able to immediately get it the week it comes out at CGN (or IST) for 50 percent off. When Marvel bumps a book to $125, that's still a $12.50 increase for me (and others). It's even more insulting when they take something like Hawkeye - or Punisher Max (by Aaron) and slap a $100 price tag on it. We're talking about books that should be $75 cover at the most.

Now, some might think a $12.50 increase isn't a lot, but I tend to place one order a month with CGN because I buy a lot (and I don't like getting clipped on shipping), so when I order late in the month I get the 50 percent discount for the books out that week and usually a 40 percent for the others. Regardless, the "Marvel tax" often can be as much as a combined $50.

I'm thankful that I somehow managed - for the most part - to ditch my OCD because I used to buy a lot more. But, Marvel's price jump has gotten to the point to where I no longer buy books I normally would take a chance on.

For example, the Aaron Punisher. I wanted it. I grudgingly paid the extra for it. That same week, Marvel released the Wolverine and the X-Men omnibus. Because of the price jump for Punisher (it went from $75 initial solicit to $100), I opted not to get the Wolverine/X-Men. Now, granted Wolv/X-Men was going to be a blind buy for me (by the way, I've since read some of the stories and I'm glad I didn't get it), but I was willing to take the chance.

However, that increase on the Punisher - which I wanted - put me in a position to where I decided: "Screw it. I'm not spending the money."

Again it all adds up over time and when combined with more books.

Maybe I'm just the exception. I don't know.
    I agree. I never understood the argument that since these books are discounted, an increase in retail price isn't a big deal. A 25% increase is a 25% increase, whether you buy the book for retail or at a discount.

The distributive property, people; didn't we all take basic math?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    So as someone who finds spider-man slightly annoying and not having any spider-books, will I dig the superior foes omni?
    I recently read the TPBs from my local library. I have a very ancillary knowledge of what was going on with spidey at the time - but like others have said, this is a story that's its own deal. It's really contained within itself - and it's damn good. Crazy good. There's a few fill-in / filler type issues towards the back of the run, but all in all, I'd give it a 9 out of 10. It's up there with Nextwave as the funnest and funniest (as well as engaging) stories I've ever read from Marvel. It's not as wacky/insane as Nextwave, but it's really funny. I highly recommend it. And with it's smaller size and pricetag at $49.99 for a true omnibus, it's the equivalent of the Young Avengers omnibus by Gillen, meaning you can get it via online stores for like $30. I was hoping for maybe 2 OHCs of this material, thinking it'd NEVER happen, and then this shows up. So sweet.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Transmit Him View Post
    I'm surprised Marvel are able to do a Champions Masterwork. Last time they tried to use the Champions name, they got slapped down by the RPG company that owns it now. Question is, have they done a deal or have they forgotten they don't have use of the trademark (again)?
    Was that before they had access to Disney's 10,000 IP lawyers?

All-New Member

I think the DD mini our friend was taking about is Road Warrior! But it's set during the first days of Murdock in SF, right? It would make more sense includes in this vol 4.
    Last edited by thiago.cido; 07-15-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I agree. I never understood the argument that since these books are discounted, an increase in retail price isn't a big deal. A 25% increase is a 25% increase, whether you buy the book for retail or at a discount.
    I think that person most likely meant that a 25% increase is less of a big deal when you get a big discount. For example, in the UK, we'd still get that 25% increase in price but wouldn't generally get near a 50% discount. The most would probably be 35-40%, and that's on top of the already broken exchange rate which dictates that $125 books get sold for £95. As for other countries, I have no idea, but I can't imagine it being any better than here.

I'm not saying that the increase doesn't affect you, just that it probably affects you a bit less than people in other countries who don't have CGN. And when someone's better off, people tend to let a bit of jealousy seep through.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thiago.cido View Post
    I think the DD mini our friend was taking about is Road Warrior! But it's set during the first days of Murdock in SF, right? It would make more sense includes in this vol 4.
    Road Warrior is included in the newly solicited Daredevil Vol. 4 OHC. It was initially a digital comic and was reissued as issue #0.1.

It's a "bridge" between Waid's first and second run i.e. it covers Matt's journey from New York to San Francisco and therefore should be right at the beginning of Vol. 4 (Collecting DAREDEVIL (2014) #1-10, #1.50 and #0.1).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Road Warrior is included in the newly solicited Daredevil Vol. 4 OHC. It was initially a digital comic and was reissued as issue #0.1.

It's a "bridge" between Waid's first and second run i.e. it covers Matt's journey from New York to San Francisco and therefore should be right at the beginning of Vol. 4 (Collecting DAREDEVIL (2014) #1-10, #1.50 and #0.1).
    Didn't know that. Thanks, friend!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll be getting the Smith cover for the UXM vol.3 to stay cover consistent with my other two volumes but I don't discount how pretty that other cover is.

Quote Originally Posted by Transmit Him View Post
    I'm surprised Marvel are able to do a Champions Masterwork. Last time they tried to use the Champions name, they got slapped down by the RPG company that owns it now. Question is, have they done a deal or have they forgotten they don't have use of the trademark (again)?
    I was instantly curious on that as well when I saw the solicit.
    Is there a difference between something like this and say Rom? If Marvel can reprint this then why not Rom...my guess is that something has changed with the Champions trademark/copyright. If it has I'd be tickled to get a new Champions book with the largest core of this team back together. I'm hungry for something that isn't one of the 8 Avengers titles.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm personally looking forward to the TPB release of "Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens". I made the decision not to pick that up as issues, as I like to read issues right away and I plan to read Journey to SW:TFA after seeing the movie, so a TPB will be better.

I hate that it includes Princess Leia #1 and the original Marvel Star Wars 1. I have those separately and don't need them here to artificially boost the price. Unless the concept of reuniting scattered Alderaanians (per the Princess Leia plot) is somehow relevant to Episode VII.

Incredible Member

Little X-Men help needed...

I am lookingnfor a sewn OHC featuring both the X-Men written by Claremont and Wolverine in full costume.
    I thought I had found my perfect match in Mutant Genesis 2.0 - wonderful art, historical X-Men story, Claremont on scripts, and Wolvie in his classic spandex - unfortunately the story is just too overboard/90's goofy for me at this point in the run.

I am looking into the Days of Future Past hardcover, but I am pretty sure there is no classic Wolverine costume within. Anyone have suggestions?

What is the new date on X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught Omnibus?
    I had it down for being due this week and don't see it listed on Diamond for next week either.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I had it down for being due this week and don't see it listed on Diamond for next week either.
    Thanks!
    It and six other books were delayed. Onslaught is now August sometime.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

^^^^
    Thanks

definitely going to be picking up the Uncanny Vol 3 Omnibus.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thanks!
    20th of August last time I checked