Page 106 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 656961021031041051061071081091101161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 17378
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Anybody think the Age of Apocalypse omnibus will be reprinted next year or when the movie hits? I'm considering just paying cover price from Amazon.de
    Hey Victor, this was asked a few pages back. These were my thoughts:

The thing is that the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Complete Epic TPBs are still generally available. I think if these go out of stock, it's possible that a reprint of the Omnibus might occur, but I suppose this all depends on whether Marvel believe there will be enough buyers out there for a second printing, or alternatively just reprint the TPBs.

I'm about to give up in finding an Acts of Vengeance Omnibus. I've been looking for a while and my only option is overpriced Canadian Amazon marketplace prices. Anyone got a lead for a fellow forum member (puppy dog eyes)
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

If anyone is looking for the Captain Britain OHC (sorry don't remember which volume), Annihilation Classic OHC, or the Elektra Omnibus, there's a LCS in my area which still has copies sealed on the shelf. I'd be glad to forward contact info via PM. Other items they had in-stock were Batman Long Halloween Absolute Edition, the giant Conan Omnibus from Dark Horse, and the MAD artist edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I'm about to give up in finding an Acts of Vengeance Omnibus. I've been looking for a while and my only option is overpriced Canadian Amazon marketplace prices. Anyone got a lead for a fellow forum member (puppy dog eyes)
    Funny...six months ago you couldn't hardly give these away.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Funny...six months ago you couldn't hardly give these away.
    I waited too long, which I do sometimes. Now I have the crossover companion which I found liquidated but no Acts of Vengeance. I either jump in and get the book too soon before good deals or I wait too long and miss out on the book.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I'd just like to make a PSA that if all of you could please purchase X-Factor by Peter David: The Complete Collection Volumes 1 and 2, that would be great.

There's approximately another 5 volumes worth of Complete Collection material for that run and I can't have sales lagging so that Marvel discontinues this particular collection line for the title.
    While I won't be picking these up (content with my singles), I just thought I'd throw in my support for a great series. I recommend anyone on the fence make the purchase.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

I waited too long, which I do sometimes. Now I have the crossover companion which I found liquidated but no Acts of Vengeance. I either jump in and get the book too soon before good deals or I wait too long and miss out on the book.
    I'm hoping to find one this weekend, I'd gladly take a look for two only I'm in England and it probably wouldn't be the bargain you're looking for to get it to Calgary (Alberta, Canada...Bret, The Hitman, HART)

Sorry. As a wrestling fan my knowledge of US and Canadian geography is intrinsically linked to performers from specific states. My doctor says I needn't worry, but...

So yeah. AOV. Bummer.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

They've still got one at cheap-comics.com (they're in the Netherlands) going for 75 euros.

Shipping for a large parcel to the UK is 15 euros. Assuming a price of, say, 25 euros for shipping to Canada that would be 100 euros total, or approximately 150 CDN$. Still quite a lot, but much less than the 280 CDN$ it's going for on amazon marketplace.

You'd have to email them first to check they ship to Canada but I can't see there would be a problem.

I had a package of two omnibuses and an OHC from them last month. The packaging was very sturdy and all the books arrived in excellent condition.

Going on that experience I would recommend them.

(Err... I don't know about import taxes, etc. if ordering from abroad. There aren't any for orders within the EU).
    Last edited by Cerd the nerd; 05-30-2014 at 12:59 PM.

I'm going to catch hell for this but I'm going to say it anyway. I just read X-Men DoFP for the first time yesterday and was completely underwhelmed. It seems like a case of a comic milestone or function of "...for the time" then an amazing story all by itself. Everything set in the future was interesting but everything in the present was generic, mundane super hero fight.

My guess is the future scenario was something that really excited people at the time and they hadn't seen much of that and ever since it has lived in infamy. It's a stark contrast from a story like Dark Phoenix.

Try and be kind!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    They've still got one at cheap-comics.com (they're in the Netherlands) going for 75 euros.

Shipping for a large parcel to the UK is 15 euros. Assuming a price of, say, 25 euros for shipping to Canada that would be 100 euros total, or approximately 150 CDN$. Still quite a lot, but much less than the 280 CDN$ it's going for on amazon marketplace.

You'd have to email them first to check they ship to Canada but I can't see there would be a problem.

I had a package of two omnibuses and an OHC from them last month. The packaging was very sturdy and all the books arrived in excellent condition.

(Err... I don't know about import taxes, etc. if ordering from abroad. There aren't any for orders within the EU).
    I seconr Cheap-comics.com, the packaging is great, probably the best I've experienced till now, and the owner, Chris, is very nice (on my first order, he gave me a welcome present and a personal short note, that never happened to me before). And you get free books on large orders (the Dark tower Gunslinger born hv is a recommendation from their free books)
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post

These guys are awesome, I also had a great order from them of rare books, brand new and quickly and securely packed.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Victor, this was asked a few pages back. These were my thoughts:

The thing is that the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Complete Epic TPBs are still generally available. I think if these go out of stock, it's possible that a reprint of the Omnibus might occur, but I suppose this all depends on whether Marvel believe there will be enough buyers out there for a second printing, or alternatively just reprint the TPBs.
    ah thanks Raffi, I thought something like that. If my thoughts about Marvel's strategies are right I hope they'll think that if the X-Men Apocalypse movie is a hit, there will be more people who want the story, and release a hardcover (or re-release in this situation). On a side note, I really hope that if Guardians of the Galaxy is well received Marvel will release a DnA Guardians of the Galaxy omnibus.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    ah thanks Raffi, I thought something like that. If my thoughts about Marvel's strategies are right I hope they'll think that if the X-Men Apocalypse movie is a hit, there will be more people who want the story, and release a hardcover (or re-release in this situation). On a side note, I really hope that if Guardians of the Galaxy is well received Marvel will release a DnA Guardians of the Galaxy omnibus.
    Also, Age Of Apocalypse became a clearance title for a bit, so Marvel already got burned by overprinting. An omnibus reprint is highly doubtful. Plus, they changed the movie title from Age Of Apocalypse to just Apocalypse, so any book with his name will work just as well. Even though it's probably my least liked X-Men event, Apocalypse: The Twelve was a big crossover they can collect. Rise Of Apocalypse OHC. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Well the PHC's are $7.50 an issue which I personally I think is highway robbery. The floppies are "only" $4.99 an issue. That's a 50% markup on the floppies which are already marked up around 22% on most of the rest of the marvel line. Heck with those sorts of mark ups and the fact an omni is probably 5 years away and their prices are steadily going up, it might not be that outrageous a prediction.
    Yes though considering the restoration and legal wrangling around miracleman it's probably a fair price. I am not interested in paying that much for it, but those wanting Miracleman it's a much better price than the old floppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    You know it was just a random figure I just plucked out of my head to illustrate how crazy the pricing was getting?.

If I had to think about it won't be long before Marvel puts out an Omnibus for $150, DC's large page count Omni are now $150 so it's not much of a stretch before we see one of Marvels 'standard' Omnibus at $150, the first non-slipcased $150 Marvel Omni could possibly be an X-Men markup or a Miracleman Markup. If they wait until all the PHC are out of print then suddenly the concept of a $200 Miracleman Omni doesn't seem like hyperbole at all.

I think it's really crazy how the only price change on high end books are in $25 increments, it's disgusting when they add an extra $25 because the book was for example 100 extra pages than the usual page count total of the lower price bracket.
    $150 I'd agree with, $125 is more common now with a premium for recolouring a la Simonson Thor. I could see an Adamantium Edition going for $200 for Miracleman.I think there would be a social media revolt and a big drop in sales if they went to $150 Omnibuses for regular titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I'm going to catch hell for this but I'm going to say it anyway. I just read X-Men DoFP for the first time yesterday and was completely underwhelmed. It seems like a case of a comic milestone or function of "...for the time" then an amazing story all by itself. Everything set in the future was interesting but everything in the present was generic, mundane super hero fight.

My guess is the future scenario was something that really excited people at the time and they hadn't seen much of that and ever since it has lived in infamy. It's a stark contrast from a story like Dark Phoenix.

Try and be kind!
    Honestly, I feel the same. I enjoyed the story, but after Dark phoenix, which was awesome, DoFP felt a bit dated, but it's not the story's fault, it's the fault of the countless other alternate future stories that came after this. I absolutely can see why it was a big deal back then, but now it's a bit dull.
    Still, I'm not hating it or anything, maybe after a 2nd or 3rd read I would appriciate it more.