Page 965 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 46586591595596196296396496596696796896997510151065 ... LastLast
Results 14,461 to 14,475 of 17378
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I ordered mine from Amazon and they sent me an e-mail saying the release date was pushed back and I wouldn't get it until the end of June/early July
    It's been listed on amazon UK as June 16th for quite a few weeks now.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

I've been reading the New X-Men omnibus and I'm about 1/3 of the way through. It's pretty good, but honestly I don't see why so many people worship the run as much as they do;

-Story wise it's pretty entertaining but maybe some of the plot is underwhelming in my eyes as I am going back to read this story instead of it being considered new. A lot of the big story points were already spoiled for me.
    -The art is pretty hit and miss...Quietly is good although not as refined as his current stuff but Igor Kordey's work is absolutely horrendous. Furthermore, the coloring is that early 2000's coloring where most everyone started over-rendering the art with the digital colors. The lettering is even an eyesore at times and looks garish.

Overall, I'm enjoying it but hardly think it should be worshiped. Maybe the good stuff occurs later on in the run? Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    I've been reading the New X-Men omnibus and I'm about 1/3 of the way through. It's pretty good, but honestly I don't see why so many people worship the run as much as they do;

-Story wise it's pretty entertaining but maybe some of the plot is underwhelming in my eyes as I am going back to read this story instead of it being considered new. A lot of the big story points were already spoiled for me.
    -The art is pretty hit and miss...Quietly is good although not as refined as his current stuff but Igor Kordey's work is absolutely horrendous. Furthermore, the coloring is that early 2000's coloring where most everyone started over-rendering the art with the digital colors. The lettering is even an eyesore at times and looks garish.

Overall, I'm enjoying it but hardly think it should be worshiped. Maybe the good stuff occurs later on in the run? Just my two cents.
    While I like it I get what you say. I think it is worshipped because it was and still is so different from other X runs (I mean the ones that featured the main cast, not ones like X-statix) and basically you can read it whenever you want without prior knowledge. That's quite rare in the X world I think (even Whedon's Astonishing has tie to this run, so it's not as self contained as it could be). I think if you never read X-men in your life, maybe only seen the movies than you would appreciate it more.
    About the art: Kordey basically had to draw an issue in a week so that's why it's crap.
    Van Sciever shouldn't draw superheroes ever (although New X-men suits him better than say, JLA or Flash).
    I've seen worse coloring in X books later (Messiah complex one shot...brrr).

Just put my order in for the SHIELD omnibus, Steranko cover. Can't wait for that one!

Has the Onslaught omni really only got that one Churchill cover?! Could they not at least have made it a wrap around?

Is the Steranko cover the variant?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    Is the Steranko cover the variant?
    Yeah it's DM only.

Amazing Member

Was reading a few spiderman comics today with the fantastic four making an appearance. Never read any ff books before but I would to try them out. Not a fan of silver age stuff, but I was considering the Hickman omni's... Any one shine any light on these? Good books? Worth the investment?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    Yeah it's DM only.
    Just pre-ordered it

Quote Originally Posted by Tom91 View Post
    Was reading a few spiderman comics today with the fantastic four making an appearance. Never read any ff books before but I would to try them out. Not a fan of silver age stuff, but I was considering the Hickman omni's... Any one shine any light on these? Good books? Worth the investment?
    Reading them at the moment. I really don't like the Fantastic Four as characters, never have. I have to say though that I am enjoying this run but I cant put my finger on exactly why. Some stuff is going over my head and I don't feel the urge read anything else featuring the f4 but yeah they are good books. I'm currently about a third into the second one.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Reading them at the moment. I really don't like the Fantastic Four as characters, never have. I have to say though that I am enjoying this run but I cant put my finger on exactly why. Some stuff is going over my head and I don't feel the urge read anything else featuring the f4 but yeah they are good books. I'm currently about a third into the second one.
    Hmmm... Interested because I feel the the same kind of way. Might just buy the first volume and see if I enjoy it first.

Amazing Member

I've never had an interest in buying a FF book before, but was able to snag a copy of the Hickman Vol 1 off of Amazon a couple weeks ago. I've been really enjoying it, and although I don't think it'll make me become a huge fan of the FF as a whole, I'm really happy I got it, and am looking forward to getting Vol 2. I'd say go for it!

After I ordered it, it jumped from $70 to $90, so you may want to hurry.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    I've never had an interest in buying a FF book before, but was able to snag a copy of the Hickman Vol 1 off of Amazon a couple weeks ago. I've been really enjoying it, and although I don't think it'll make me become a huge fan of the FF as a whole, I'm really happy I got it, and am looking forward to getting Vol 2. I'd say go for it!

After I ordered it, it jumped from $70 to $90, so you may want to hurry.
    I think I will, thank you for that! Good job, volume 2 is quite cheap at the moment so I can hold on for that one. Cheers guys!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I love the content. It one of my favorite runs on anything ever. It was my first exposure to the team. I haven't really liked much else with them, aside from some of the Mark Waid run, so they'll be good for non fans of the team.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 06-01-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Cyclops was right

Just out of curiosity what did big fans of the Fantastic Four think of the Hickman run? It seems all of us who have posted so far are indifferent towards the characters or just don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Just out of curiosity what did big fans of the Fantastic Four think of the Hickman run? It seems all of us who have posted so far are indifferent towards the characters or just don't like them.
    I liked it, but wouldn't rank it as one of the best FF runs. I think with Hickman, he writes books/characters to fit the story he wants to write and some times it leads to a bit of a lack of characterisation. And to me, the FF always worked best because of the big personalities of the four. So I kind of prefer a Lee/Kirby or Waid/Wieringo run.

Anyway, I enjoyed it for what it was, I just think it sits differently from other FF runs.