Page 88 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192981381885881088 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Read an article this morning about the Amazon vs Hachette battle going on. Looks like it's going to get worse before it gets any better.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/0...tw-share&_r=1&
    This makes we want to switch from Amazon to Ebay and Indigo. I have been burned more times by both Ebay and Indigo, but at I prefer to be in the publisher's corner on this one...
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Yeah, I'm glad Indigo is here to make Amazon obsolete in my eyes.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    This makes we want to switch from Amazon to Ebay and Indigo. I have been burned more times by both Ebay and Indigo, but at I prefer to be in the publisher's corner on this one...
    Chapters has generally been a better ordering experience for me over the last couple of years (compared to Amazon).

1) Packages from Chapters are much more secure than Amazon. Amazon basically places your book(s) in a box and crams a couple of sheets of paper in to fill in the extra space. This has led to a few dings and crumples -- nothing to get too upset about -- but still.

2) Pre-ordered books from Chapters will sometimes ship before the listed shipping date (sometimes closer to the direct market date). Annihilation was supposed to ship from Amazon and the like on the 20th this week. Well, I got mine much sooner.

3) Chapters occasionally throws out online coupon promotions. Amazon, to my knowledge, never does this.

At this point, if Chapters would just put together a better "Wishlist" area, with the ability to make more than one list, give them titles and so on, I'd have little reason to use Amazon at all -- save for a last minute, desperation, shouldn't get it but good lord if I don't backup.

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    Chapters has generally been a better ordering experience for me over the last couple of years (compared to Amazon).

3) Chapters occasionally throws out online coupon promotions. Amazon, to my knowledge, never does this.
    This is what made me loyal to Chapters. They frequently had $5 off 30 coupons which made me order way too many books I probably wouldn't have otherwise. They also had a code for 25% off any book a year back and it glitched, allowing it to be used on as many as you wanted (which they honoured.) I've never seen Amazon offer any kind of discount for buying stuff there, so anything you can get is nice.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Can I get an Ultimate X-Men omnibus collecting the Millar stuff up in h'r? Am I the only one who's surprised every time a solicit comes out and this isn't on it?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Can I get an Ultimate X-Men omnibus collecting the Millar stuff up in h'r? Am I the only one who's surprised every time a solicit comes out and this isn't on it?
    I'm not surprised. You can still get all of the OHCs for his run on Ultimate X-men for pretty cheap.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post

1) Packages from Chapters are much more secure than Amazon. Amazon basically places your book(s) in a box and crams a couple of sheets of paper in to fill in the extra space. This has led to a few dings and crumples -- nothing to get too upset about -- but still.

2) Pre-ordered books from Chapters will sometimes ship before the listed shipping date (sometimes closer to the direct market date). Annihilation was supposed to ship from Amazon and the like on the 20th this week. Well, I got mine much sooner.

At this point, if Chapters would just put together a better "Wishlist" area, with the ability to make more than one list, give them titles and so on, I'd have little reason to use Amazon at all -- save for a last minute, desperation, shouldn't get it but good lord if I don't backup.
    I think Amazon owns Indigo, do they not? anytime I've used a coupon for Chapters, it's always shipped from the same places any amazon.ca stuff ships from.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I think Amazon owns Indigo, do they not? anytime I've used a coupon for Chapters, it's always shipped from the same places any amazon.ca stuff ships from.
    Nope, Indigo is its own company in Canada not owned by Amazon. I noticed a majority of my online shopping comes from warehouses in the same area. Maybe it's a big lot with several buildings?

Some shots of the X-Men Adamantium Collection. Please ignore my bed. I'm packing and don't have much available space.

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Cool. The more pics the merrier. Thanks.

Still not in for the Adamantium collections, but seeing those pics is bringing me closer to buying the Marvels Platinum Edition. They look great.

BANNED

Would you say that the Adamantium edition is actually worth getting? I mean, it definitely seems like a pretty neat item for a die-hard fan, but the actual content seems a bit questionable. How did Bendis make it into a collection of supposedly classic stories? The whole thing also seems too massive and unwieldy to actually read, and the price, good God!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Some shots of the X-Men Adamantium Collection. Please ignore my bed. I'm packing and don't have much available space.

Ooh Annihilation Omnibus actually looks pretty neat. Must resist.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Would you say that the Adamantium edition is actually worth getting? I mean, it definitely seems like a pretty neat item for a die-hard fan, but the actual content seems a bit questionable. How did Bendis make it into a collection of supposedly classic stories? The whole thing also seems too massive and unwieldy to actually read, and the price, good God!
    I don't think it is classic stories, just popular stories from different eras. Bendis happens to be writing the latest xmen comics, and is a big name so gets in there.

I have it and it's NOT worth it, even for the hardcore fan. Everything in it is easily accessible anywhere else. There aren't enough extras. It's hardly as definitive as the Wolverine one. Wolverine I got for my birthday and I love it. I bought this one to make a pair, and I admit, while I got a discount, it was a stupid decision.

It also cannot be read. My partner and I were looking through it and found the combination of super high gloss paper and the size of the thing require you to move while reading it. It's almost laughable, but slightly forgivable because it comes with free digital.

If you are an x-men fan and don't have god loves man kills, days of future past or The X-men 57-59 AND you find this book on clearance then MaYBe.

The inclusion of the first arcs from Morrison, Whedon and Bendis are fine but really fit better with the runs they belong to. The painful part of it is the Issue where they move to San Fran. God I hated that nonsense.

I think everyone who posts here could put together a good collection, maybe a better one, but the issues here (except for San Fran) are good.

I will give the team a high five for binding and paper quality. Do this to your omnibuses.

Final note: sorry for my late night iPad typing. Skip this book.