Page 1004 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 4504904954994100010011002100310041005100610071008101410541104 ... LastLast
Results 15,046 to 15,060 of 17378
    Amazing Member

I'm in a chat session with an Amazon UK rep about the Annihilation Conquest Omnibus. If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to copy and paste the results of the talk. :P

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRaid View Post
    I'm in a chat session with an Amazon UK rep about the Annihilation Conquest Omnibus. If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to copy and paste the results of the talk. :P
    Yes please.

Well, as long as it's about the availability and not fan girling over it :P

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Yes please.

Well, as long as it's about the availability and not fan girling over it :P
    No promises, I'm a sucker for the art in that Nova series.. getting it in full gutter-loss free sewn binding... Fangasmic.

Amazing Member

Well, the chat session is over. I tried to butter them up a little, get them onto my side and appeal to emotion but it seems Amazon reps are little more than company punching bags for customers to rage at without progress. They don't know anything. Chat transcript is below, with the order number cleared for security. Don't know if he/she was serious about this 'internal team'. Seems like a bit of a weird term, considering that anyone on the inside of the company should already be part of an 'internal team'. xD

Amazing Member

You're now connected to Mani from Amazon.co.uk

Me: Hello, sorry to bother you. I'm contacting your office because I made a pre-order which was stated to be released on the 16th of June and to be dispatched on the 20th, yet nothing seems to have happened or changed. The delivery estimate still reads "Wednesday, 24 June 2015 - Friday, 26 June 2015" though it is very clear that this will not happen and the item's page still says it is for pre-order. Has Amazon lost it's stock for this item? There still seem to be some other Amazon sellers that have the item in stock and I promised my nephew the book as a birthday gift. Could you please tell me what the best course of action to take is? Will my order be honoured?
    Thanks,
    David

Mani: Hello David, my name is Mani.
    Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk. I am sorry you haven't received your order.
    Could you confirm the order number please?

Me: Hello Mani. I think the order number is # xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
    Thank you for your quick responce

Mani: Thanks for the order number.

Me: No problem :)

Mani: I'm still looking into this for you. Please bear with me a few moments

Me: Feel free to take as long as you need, I'm in no rush

Mani: Thanks for waiting.
    I understand , I have checked and see that the item is not yet released in our website hence the item is not delivered to you yet.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0785192700
    As you can see from this link:
    So once the item gets released you will receive the item very soon.

Me: I know, I mentioned that in my initial message. The problem is that it should have been released already. We are ten days after the release date. I'm contacting to ask for the reason it has been delayed :)
    If that reason is that Amazon no longer has the stock with which to release it then I can cancel my order and order it elsewhere. It would still be from an Amazon seller on Marketplace so amazon would still be recieving my business, I just want to make sure I get a copy before my nephew's birthday arrives.

Mani: I understand , I can see from our updates that the item is not released in our website. Hence the item is not delivered to you still. Yes if you prefer I can cancel the item for you and you can order it from another seller

Me: If there is a supply issue I'd rather not cancel my order just yet. Please don't think me rude as that is not my intention, but you've not given me any new information. Are you able to find out the reason for the delay? I can see that the item is not released on the website.. but it should be. There must be a reason the date was not met.

Mani: I understand, only if you permit I will cancel this order. I understand you wish to know when the item will be released. In this case I will contact the internal team and request them to find out when the item will be released in our website.

Me: Thank you. I'd like to keep my order for now, in the hope that it will be released soon. My worry is that it simply won't get released and the price will double, as other books like this tend to do after the release date. I appreciate that your abilities are restricted and it appears you can only check the same information that I can. If you can put in a request to that internal team I would really appreciate it. I hope they have greater powers to retrieve such information. You have my sympathy, it must be difficult to deal with customers when you clearly can't find any information that isn't already available to the customers. I hope too many people don't take out their frustration on you for that. For a difficult job, you do it well.

Mani: I understand your concern. Please don't worry even if the price increases, you will receive the order at the least cost only. I will contact the internal team and request them to find out when the item will be released.
    and I will e-mail you once I get the upate.
    update.

Me: Thank you Mani, that means a great deal to me. Is there anything I can do to help in the meantime?

Mani: You're most welcome. Have a lovely evening!
    Take care!!
    It's was my pleasure helping you!

Me: Have a lovely evening too :)

Mani: Thank you. :)
    It was a pleasure talking to you. You’ll have the option to receive a transcript of this chat for your records when you end the chat. Youll also have the option to provide comments about your experience wither straight after the chat or via email. We hope to see you again soon. Please click the End Chat link to close this window.

Me: Thank you very much. Take care
    Mani: You're most welcome.

Incredible Member

In regard to the hubbub over Annihilation Conquest all I have to say is......WAR OF KINGS, WAR OF KINGS, WAR OF KINGS!!!!!!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    In regard to the hubbub over Annihilation Conquest all I have to say is......WAR OF KINGS, WAR OF KINGS, WAR OF KINGS!!!!!!
    As long as they throw the Thanos Imperative in there

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRaid View Post
    As long as they throw the Thanos Imperative in there
    As well as deadly genesis, rise and fall as well as all the Vulcan stuff. It would be a fair amount of double dipping for me but to have the whole saga in 1 or 2 omni volumes chronologically would be absolutely worth it.

Everyone to Amazon: "Where's my order. I need it now...its for... a birthday! Yeah A birthday. It can't be late for that birthday!"
    Every amazon rep: "That's great..."

We've all tried to get info out of them, but these people have access to ZERO supply information.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Everyone to Amazon: "Where's my order. I need it now...its for... a birthday! Yeah A birthday. It can't be late for that birthday!"
    Every amazon rep: "That's great..."

We've all tried to get info out of them, but these people have access to ZERO supply information.
    It makes sense to me a delay to the direct market would correlate to a delay to the mass market.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Yeah man, for me the rest of the DnA space stuff would break down like this:

Annihilation: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Omnibus would collect:

Guardians of the Galaxy 1-6
    Nova - 13-22
    Secret Invasion: War of Kings
    X-Men: Kingbreaker - 1-4
    X-Men: Deadly Genesis - 1-6
    X-Men: The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire - The Uncanny X-Men - 475-486

Annihilation: War of King Omnibus would collects:

Guardians of the Galaxy 7-17
    Nova - 23-29
    War of Kings - 1-6
    War of Kings: Ascension - 1-4
    War of Kings: Darkhawk - 1-2
    War of Kings: The Savage World of Sakaar
    War of Kings Saga
    War of Kings: Warriors - 1-2
    War of Kings: Who Will Rule?

Annihilation: The Cancerverse Omnibus would collects:

Realm of Kings
    Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard - 1-5
    Realm of Kings: Inhumans - 1-5
    Realm of Kings: Son of Hulk - 1-4
    Guardians of the Galaxy - 20-25
    Nova - 32-36
    The Thanos Imperative - 1-6
    The Thanos Imperative: Ignition
    The Thanos Imperative: Devastation
    The Thanos Sourcebook

This is just my thoughts on it and I have no idea on a page count for these.

Incredible Member

I'm highly intruiged by Annihilation: Conquest due to the apparently heavy involvement of Ultron and Starlord. However, I have much less interest in Annihilation. Phooey.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    Yeah man, for me the rest of the DnA space stuff would break down like this:

Annihilation: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire Omnibus would collect:

Guardians of the Galaxy 1-6
    Nova - 13-22
    Secret Invasion: War of Kings
    X-Men: Kingbreaker - 1-4
    X-Men: Deadly Genesis - 1-6
    X-Men: The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire - The Uncanny X-Men - 475-486

Annihilation: War of King Omnibus would collects:

Guardians of the Galaxy 7-17
    Nova - 23-29
    War of Kings - 1-6
    War of Kings: Ascension - 1-4
    War of Kings: Darkhawk - 1-2
    War of Kings: The Savage World of Sakaar
    War of Kings Saga
    War of Kings: Warriors - 1-2
    War of Kings: Who Will Rule?

Annihilation: The Cancerverse Omnibus would collects:

Realm of Kings
    Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard - 1-5
    Realm of Kings: Inhumans - 1-5
    Realm of Kings: Son of Hulk - 1-4
    Guardians of the Galaxy - 20-25
    Nova - 32-36
    The Thanos Imperative - 1-6
    The Thanos Imperative: Ignition
    The Thanos Imperative: Devastation
    The Thanos Sourcebook

This is just my thoughts on it and I have no idea on a page count for these.
    If these three collections were to happen I would be awestruck and soooooo happy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    If these three collections were to happen I would be awestruck and soooooo happy.
    Yes yes oh yeah did I say yes. I think with the success of IG and the annihilation books it is a possibility. I am going to order the guardians classic when it comes out just to keep letting marvel know the cosmic realm deserves continued attention. Also I have said it before and others have too ADAM WARLOCK Omni and Infinity War and Crusade.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I dont think we'll see those.

We might, but I have a feeling Marvel will shift to Bendis' GotG stuff, and possibly the new Nova stuff now. The page counts are high enough now and focus on the characters Marvel want to push.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God