Page 1007 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 7507907957997100310041005100610071008100910101011101710571107 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,105 of 17378
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    Blah. It went over 90 with taxes or something. So, I guess there's no chance of getting this under 90 euros at this point, which is crazy! I usually wait until an Omnibus is released, and then get it for like 60 euros. I now just want to find a shop that actually ships it. Maybe it's either amazon us or ca.
    Where do you buy your Omnis for 60€?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So Conquest is out of print, before the preorders even finish shipping? Are they planning on reprinting, or is it already gone?
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    So Conquest is out of print, before the preorders even finish shipping? Are they planning on reprinting, or is it already gone?
    CGN still has it for under cover price. IST ran out of Avengers 2 DM cover quickly and was able to get more shortly after. It is moving fast but let us not forget the release was pushed back, all the mass market stores are probably just getting their shipments in. What the market looks like a week or so from now will be a clearer picture. That being said if CGN is already raising their price this book will be OOP quickly.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Where do you buy your Omnis for 60€?
    Usually from alibris.co.uk, with coupon codes.

BANNED

Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    CGN still has it for under cover price. IST ran out of Avengers 2 DM cover quickly and was able to get more shortly after. It is moving fast but let us not forget the release was pushed back, all the mass market stores are probably just getting their shipments in. What the market looks like a week or so from now will be a clearer picture. That being said if CGN is already raising their price this book will be OOP quickly.
    I have a feeling there are more copies on the way or they will do a quick second printing. Maybe everyone that got burnt on the first volume selling through quickly jumped on this release. Either way, I'm kind of happy about the quick sellout. Can only encourage more omnis down the line!

Amazing Member

The Book Depository is taking their own sweet time to dispatch..dare I panic buy a third and cancel the other orders once at least one is dispatched?

Fantastic Member

I must have just got in under the wire. Ordered mine on Tuesday from CGN at the 45% discount and received the now shipping email Thursday night. I only waited the extra week from the release date in order to get JSA 3 at the same time. I think for the next cosmic one, I'll play it safe and order the Tuesday it's released. I don't know how Marvel works, but if something sells out this quickly, the demand was not forecast correctly and money was left on the table. At the very least they should run a 2nd printing.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

i hope they do a 2nd printing for the first annihilation omni. i barely started collecting and missed that and UXF omni

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    i hope they do a 2nd printing for the first annihilation omni. i barely started collecting and missed that and UXF omni
    Me too. I will never forgive myself for missing out on the UXF omni.

Amazing Member

Out of curiosity, why does everyone think it's just overwhelming popularity that would cause this to sell out so quickly? It seems to me it's just as likely that Marvel is ordering much smaller print runs. It's looking like that is becoming a trend among Omnis.

Amazing Member

Also, some people here believe that the movies influence Omni release schedules at least somewhat. If that's true, do you think that the Disney/Fox schism could influence printing choices? We didn't get any true X-Men Omnis this year unless you count Onslaught or Uncanny Avengers. To be fair, FF got a couple but if you count Onlsaught and Uncanny Avengers among Avengers books, they'll have had 5.

Obviously that could be on account of the huge movie they had this summer, but again, if the movies impacted these choices to that degree could we potentially see the X-Men be snubbed?

Sorry if I sound paranoid, but I want Claremont Vol. 3. And 4. Badly. And with the rumors of Conquest selling out so soon, it strikes me that these collections have the potential to sell better when released in tandem.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Just got this update from Amazon on my Conquest Omni----"Arriving Monday by 8pm" Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Olslick View Post
    Out of curiosity, why does everyone think it's just overwhelming popularity that would cause this to sell out so quickly? It seems to me it's just as likely that Marvel is ordering much smaller print runs. It's looking like that is becoming a trend among Omnis.
    While past over-printing and movies have had some effect on how big a print run is, a big factor is also creating market demand. Front loaded sales mean bigger orders and higher turnover for the next format. It means the next book in the release schedule can get focus. It means stock doesn't languish on shelves. Marvel is creating a demand structure that means higher initial orders and faster sell-through. They don't want people to wait on eventually buying an omnibus. They are feeding into a collector run enthusiast market. Marvel and their publishing groups/partners want to be able to go to retailers, big and small alike and say "based on the marvel brand and high velocity of sell through we want you to buy [X] amount of stock." Marvel, amazon, your local comics store, and chapters all wants you pre-ordering. They want you in the store (or online) week one or before to buy. Then in a few years they will repurpose/reissue the material in a new format, or with a new spine design that lures new and old collectors alike to re-buy and invest in new series.

Creating demand and a collector based market that near-guarantees stock sell-though is the business plan. Doesn't mean that marvel wants NO stock on shelves either, they will look for the balance forever and constantly adjust.

That being said, people shouldn't be totally panicking about Annihilation Conquest. There will probably be some kind of restock.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Olslick View Post
    I'm assuming it's a much smaller print run more than anything else. Obviously there was a demand for it, but there was much more demand for books that lasted a lot longer than a week.