Page 104 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 454941001011021031041051061071081141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 17378
    Incredible Member

Got 52 Omnibus today for 50% off at Comics America in Winnipeg!! Finally! Along with the Ultimate Death of Spiderman omnibus!

Default Ultimates Omnibus Reading Order

Since the Ultimates omnibus is out if print and super expensive I want to get them in single issues. Now the omnibus says what is in there but does anyone know the specific single issue order that they are in? Any help would be great thank!
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Isn't it the same price as the regular PHCs?
    I wouldn't know I've never bought one, I just know I'm not paying $30 for Miracleman 1-4, online discount or not. How many issues does this run for?, probably make up a nice $200 Omnibus at that price. Shame really, could have been an interesting series.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Got 52 Omnibus today for 50% off at Comics America in Winnipeg!! Finally! Along with the Ultimate Death of Spiderman omnibus!
    damn! Is the sale STILL going? I'm trying to avoid the place as I've dropped $400 during this frickin sale! lol...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Same.

I'm particularly anxious to see how the pre-Stern and post-DeFalco mapping goes. My personal cutoff is around #300. I'd like to get the first Venom issue as a resolution to the symbiote story, after that I just don't care. We've got four volumes between 15 and 20 and around 60 issues so it'll be an interesting map.
    What are the interesting/read-worthy/key stories in spidey post DoGS and pre Stern Omni?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    What are the interesting/read-worthy/key stories in spidey post DoGS and pre Stern Omni?
    I'd be glad to give you a recommendation but I have no idea what DoGS is.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Since the Ultimates omnibus is out if print and super expensive I want to get them in single issues. Now the omnibus says what is in there but does anyone know the specific single issue order that they are in? Any help would be great thank!
    Ultimates v1 #1-13, Ultimates v2 #1-13, Umtimates annual #1, plus the B&W version of v2 #1.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I'd be glad to give you a recommendation but I have no idea what DoGS is.
    Death of Gwen Stacy maybe....

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Unless you really have an affinity for single issues, you should look for the two OHCs first. I believe both volumes can be found pretty cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    Death of Gwen Stacy maybe....
    Makes sense. There's the intro of the Punisher (and Jackal) in ish 129, the first time Harry became the GG and early Tarantula appearances in the mid #130s, the goofy Dock Ock/Aunt May marriage issues, the original cone saga in the #140s, things flounder for a while after that but there's a pretty good Spidey/Punisher/Nightcrawler vs Jigsaw storyline in the late #160s if I remember correctly. Things quiten back down until the #190s with JJJ ans Spidey vs Smythe and his spider-slayers, the intro of the black cat in #194-195 and lead into #200 with the return of the burglar storyline.

In the early #200s you get a decent Punisher two-parter and a cool Hydro Man vs Sandman in the late #200-teens.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Ultimates 1 #1-13, Ultimates 2 #1-13, Ultimates Annual 1.

Yep, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    No idea, other than the Stern stuff generally being regarded as being excellent. However, I have not really heard of any particularly bad patches between ASM #1-300. As I understand it the book remained fairly consistent in quality until the 90s happened. So I figured ASM is a good candidate for the "Get Everything" approach to the Epic Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    I wouldn't know I've never bought one, I just know I'm not paying $30 for Miracleman 1-4, online discount or not. How many issues does this run for?, probably make up a nice $200 Omnibus at that price. Shame really, could have been an interesting series.
    I think its 25 or 26 issues, but with more pages and a lot of extra side stories. Probably a $125 Omnibus, $200 is just hyperbole.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    damn! Is the sale STILL going? I'm trying to avoid the place as I've dropped $400 during this frickin sale! lol...
    Yep! Haha, probably until they clear a lot of stock out. I'm leaving Winnipeg tomorrow too, kicking myself I didn't get another book I wanted there. Depending what time I leave to drive 8 hours north, I may check again!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Makes sense. There's the intro of the Punisher (and Jackal) in ish 129, the first time Harry became the GG and early Tarantula appearances in the mid #130s, the goofy Dock Ock/Aunt May marriage issues, the original cone saga in the #140s, things flounder for a while after that but there's a pretty good Spidey/Punisher/Nightcrawler vs Jigsaw storyline in the late #160s if I remember correctly. Things quiten back down until the #190s with JJJ ans Spidey vs Smythe and his spider-slayers, the intro of the black cat in #194-195 and lead into #200 with the return of the burglar storyline.

In the early #200s you get a decent Punisher two-parter and a cool Hydro Man vs Sandman in the late #200-teens.
    Yeah that seems to pretty much match what a friend of mine who started reading spiderman from the beginning compiled for me as highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    No idea, other than the Stern stuff generally being regarded as being excellent. However, I have not really heard of any particularly bad patches between ASM #1-300. As I understand it the book remained fairly consistent in quality until the 90s happened. So I figured ASM is a good candidate for the "Get Everything" approach to the Epic Collection.
    That's pretty much what I've read as consensus and what my friend and I were saying today, that pretty much there are few bad stories in Spiderman since the first issue. As I read I rate them on Complete Marvel Reading Order and I'm hard pressed to give 3/5 on most issues.
    Makes me wonder if they'll ever compile everything in Omnibus till Stern or even Michelinie. Hell a second Michelinie Omni would be great and a JMS one seems a given, same for Big Time.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

I'll be in Taiwan for the next two months so I figured it'll be a good opportunity to clear up some of my backlog.
    Ever since watching DOFP I've been excited to finally read some Apocalypse stories so I'm definitely bringing Age of Apocalypse omnibus with me along with Uncanny X-Force omnibus which is coming in my mail sometime in the next few days..but I'm having some trouble deciding what else.

I got:
    -Uncanny Avengers 2 & 3 HC
    -Planetary Omnibus
    -Thor by Straczynski Omnibus
    -Iron Man by Fraction OHC
    -X-Statix Omnibus
    -Eternals by Gaiman
    -Secret Warriors Omnibus
    -X-cutioner's Song OHC
    -Punisher by Remender Omnibus
    -52 Omnibus
    -Iron Man by Michelinie/JRJR Omnibus
    -ASM by Michelinie/McFarlane Omnibus
    -ASM vol.2 by Stan Lee Omnibus
    -Sleeper Omnibus
    -Untold Tales of Spider-man Omnibus
    -Ult. Fantastic Four OHC
    -Ult. X-men 3 OHC
    -Ultimates by Millar 1 & 2 OHC
    -Ult. Spider-man 4 & 5 OHC
    -Avengers by Bendis Omnibus

I don't want to burn myself out on too much of one character/team or even genre and I'm aiming to keep the weight of books below 30-40 lbs since my limit is 50 for the luggage. The only other things I have packed are lightweight clothes since it's hot over there and I'll be keeping most if not all my electronics in my backpack.