Page 105 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I'll be in Taiwan for the next two months so I figured it'll be a good opportunity to clear up some of my backlog.
    Ever since watching DOFP I've been excited to finally read some Apocalypse stories so I'm definitely bringing Age of Apocalypse omnibus with me along with Uncanny X-Force omnibus which is coming in my mail sometime in the next few days..but I'm having some trouble deciding what else.

I got:
    -Uncanny Avengers 2 & 3 HC
    -Planetary Omnibus
    -Thor by Straczynski Omnibus
    -Iron Man by Fraction OHC
    -X-Statix Omnibus
    -Eternals by Gaiman
    -Secret Warriors Omnibus
    -X-cutioner's Song OHC
    -Punisher by Remender Omnibus
    -52 Omnibus
    -Iron Man by Michelinie/JRJR Omnibus
    -ASM by Michelinie/McFarlane Omnibus
    -ASM vol.2 by Stan Lee Omnibus
    -Sleeper Omnibus
    -Untold Tales of Spider-man Omnibus
    -Ult. Fantastic Four OHC
    -Ult. X-men 3 OHC
    -Ultimates by Millar 1 & 2 OHC
    -Ult. Spider-man 4 & 5 OHC
    -Avengers by Bendis Omnibus

I don't want to burn myself out on too much of one character/team or even genre and I'm aiming to keep the weight of books below 30-40 lbs since my limit is 50 for the luggage. The only other things I have packed are lightweight clothes since it's hot over there and I'll be keeping most if not all my electronics in my backpack.

You clearly have your priorities sorted haha

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Since the Ultimates omnibus is out if print and super expensive I want to get them in single issues. Now the omnibus says what is in there but does anyone know the specific single issue order that they are in? Any help would be great thank!
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    Unless you really have an affinity for single issues, you should look for the two OHCs first. I believe both volumes can be found pretty cheaply.
    The Ultimates OHCs Vol. 1 & 2 are both OOP. If you don’t mind TPBs, a better option would probably be the 2 Ultimate Collections or the regular 4 TPBs.

I have the Ultimates OHC Vol. 1 and was impressed with it when I first read it. I wasn't too keen on Vol. 2, in particular with how Millar had written the characters.

I'll be in Taiwan for the next two months so I figured it'll be a good opportunity to clear up some of my backlog.
    Ever since watching DOFP I've been excited to finally read some Apocalypse stories so I'm definitely bringing Age of Apocalypse omnibus with me along with Uncanny X-Force omnibus which is coming in my mail sometime in the next few days..but I'm having some trouble deciding what else.

I got:
    -Planetary Omnibus
    -X-Statix Omnibus
    -Eternals by Gaiman
    -Secret Warriors Omnibus
    -X-cutioner's Song OHC
    -52 Omnibus
    -Sleeper Omnibus
    -Ult. Fantastic Four OHC
    -Ult. X-men 3 OHC

I don't want to burn myself out on too much of one character/team or even genre and I'm aiming to keep the weight of books below 30-40 lbs since my limit is 50 for the luggage. The only other things I have packed are lightweight clothes since it's hot over there and I'll be keeping most if not all my electronics in my backpack.
    I would say (in order): Planetary, Sleeper, Secret Warriors, Michelinie Iron man, Ultimates

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Since the Ultimates omnibus is out if print and super expensive I want to get them in single issues. Now the omnibus says what is in there but does anyone know the specific single issue order that they are in? Any help would be great thank!
    Why don't you go with the 2 ultimate collections. The content should be the same as the ohc-s and the omnibus, including the extras (I have those 2 ult. collections, and there are nice extras in there, I just don't know if there are more in the hc editions).

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I think its 25 or 26 issues, but with more pages and a lot of extra side stories. Probably a $125 Omnibus, $200 is just hyperbole.
    Actually his maths is pretty good at that issue count. At 4 issues a book at $30 a book you are looking at 6 1/2 books (so either 2 get up'd to 5 issues or they release the last with 2 issues and extra's) which is $180 (6 books) or $210 (7 books) at RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Actually his maths is pretty good at that issue count. At 4 issues a book at $30 a book you are looking at 6 1/2 books (so either 2 get up'd to 5 issues or they release the last with 2 issues and extra's) which is $180 (6 books) or $210 (7 books) at RRP.
    Still not a $200 Omnibus.

Hickman FF Omnibus had 6 PHCS/TPBs collected in it and was $100, even though the sum of those was much higher(think it was $25 a piece for F4 v1-4).

Hickman FF Omnibus had 6 PHCS/TPBs collected in it and was $100, even though the sum of those was much higher(think it was $25 a piece for F4 v1-4).
    Well the PHC's are $7.50 an issue which I personally I think is highway robbery. The floppies are "only" $4.99 an issue. That's a 50% markup on the floppies which are already marked up around 22% on most of the rest of the marvel line. Heck with those sorts of mark ups and the fact an omni is probably 5 years away and their prices are steadily going up, it might not be that outrageous a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Yeah that seems to pretty much match what a friend of mine who started reading spiderman from the beginning compiled for me as highlights.

That's pretty much what I've read as consensus and what my friend and I were saying today, that pretty much there are few bad stories in Spiderman since the first issue. As I read I rate them on Complete Marvel Reading Order and I'm hard pressed to give 3/5 on most issues.
    Makes me wonder if they'll ever compile everything in Omnibus till Stern or even Michelinie. Hell a second Michelinie Omni would be great and a JMS one seems a given, same for Big Time.
    Eh, there's a stinker here and there like any long-running series but it's fairly consistent from 1-350. That would be my ideal stopping point. After that, things got messy with the return of Pete's robot parents, Harry going crazy as the GG again, and the clone saga.

One thing that helped was the consistency of the writing team. Stan Lee was in charge of the book all the way through roughly 1972 I think (around ish 118), then it was Gerry Conway which was pretty consistent.

By the mid #150s you have Len Wein on board as writer and the book kind of flounders a bit except for a fun issue here or there. Marv Wolfman comes on board as you approach #200 and it was ok. Good not great. Then around ish #207 Denny O'Neil comes on board as writer up until the Stern issues.

O'Neil's run is largely regarded as forgettable although there are fun issues in it as well. If you haven't read the Sandman vs Hydro Man 2 parter, that's a great one to pick up. Also there's battles against the Sub-Mariner, the Frightful 4, the intro of Hydro Man, Madame Web, and Calypso. Plus the Black Cat's second appearances in 204-205 and an early Moon Knight appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Why don't you go with the 2 ultimate collections. The content should be the same as the ohc-s and the omnibus, including the extras (I have those 2 ult. collections, and there are nice extras in there, I just don't know if there are more in the hc editions).
    Good suggestion...the Ultimate Collection TPs are 100% the same as the OHCs.

Both Captain America Lives Omnibus and X-Men Days of Future Past OHC just arrived at my UK family address. The former I bought from SuperBookDeals through the amazon.co.uk marketplace for under £29 (incl. shipping), whereas the latter came from Speedyhen but was ordered through flubit.co.uk for ~£14 (incl. shipping).

Slight digression – speaking of DOFP (and Cap), I managed to watch X-Men DOFP a couple of days ago and I thought it was pretty good. However, I must say I rank Captain America Winter Soldier the best of the recent slew of Superhero films (Wolverine, DOFP, IM #3, Thor #2, ASM #2, Cap #2). It truly shines.

Spectacular Member

You know it was just a random figure I just plucked out of my head to illustrate how crazy the pricing was getting?.

If I had to think about it won't be long before Marvel puts out an Omnibus for $150, DC's large page count Omni are now $150 so it's not much of a stretch before we see one of Marvels 'standard' Omnibus at $150, the first non-slipcased $150 Marvel Omni could possibly be an X-Men markup or a Miracleman Markup. If they wait until all the PHC are out of print then suddenly the concept of a $200 Miracleman Omni doesn't seem like hyperbole at all.

I think it's really crazy how the only price change on high end books are in $25 increments, it's disgusting when they add an extra $25 because the book was for example 100 extra pages than the usual page count total of the lower price bracket.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I got:
    -Planetary Omnibus
    -X-Statix Omnibus
    -Eternals by Gaiman
    -Secret Warriors Omnibus
    -X-cutioner's Song OHC
    -52 Omnibus
    -Sleeper Omnibus
    -Ult. Fantastic Four OHC
    -Ult. X-men 3 OHC

I consider Sleeper as essential reading so that one for sure. Next to that I'd say:
    Planetary, 52, X-statix and Secret warriors or X-cutioner's song
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Anybody think the Age of Apocalypse omnibus will be reprinted next year or when the movie hits? I'm considering just paying cover price from Amazon.de
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Anybody think the Age of Apocalypse omnibus will be reprinted next year or when the movie hits? I'm considering just paying cover price from Amazon.de
    Doubtful as supply just dried up after a few years on the market but as they say, "your guess is as good as ours".

Sleeper Omnibus
    Thor by Straczynski Omnibus
    Iron Man by Michelinie/JRJR Omnibus

Iron Man by Michelinie
    ASM 2
    Ultimates