Page 108 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 858981041051061071081091101111121181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Honestly, I feel the same. I enjoyed the story, but after Dark phoenix, which was awesome, DoFP felt a bit dated, but it's not the story's fault, it's the fault of the countless other alternate future stories that came after this. I absolutely can see why it was a big deal back then, but now it's a bit dull.
    Still, I'm not hating it or anything, maybe after a 2nd or 3rd read I would appriciate it more.
    The original DOFP was essentially "Terminator" 3-4 years before the movie came out. In the 20+ years since that basic plot has been used and used ad nauseum everywhere.

I just ordered Acts of Vengeance for ~$80CDN. It's been on my list for a while but I never took it seriously because I never thought it would sell out. Thought it would straggle on shelves like Atlantis Attacks and Evolutionary War. I remember reading a few issues when I was young but never read the whole thing because I just couldn't afford every comic.

Now I just need Civil War: Spider Man to fall into my lap.

I appreciate all the tips so much.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I just ordered Acts of Vengeance for ~$80CDN. It's been on my list for a while but I never took it seriously because I never thought it would sell out. Thought it would straggle on shelves like Atlantis Attacks and Evolutionary War. I remember reading a few issues when I was young but never read the whole thing because I just couldn't afford every comic.

Where did you end up getting it from?

I have been looking for the variant edition (as I have the variant edition for the Crossovers omnibus) but I may settle for the regular edition as the prices are insane for the variant.
    Last edited by zeze; 05-30-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post

Good luck with that one! Haha..

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    My recommendation is..... nothing!
    Get yourself some lightweight TPBs and thank me later. Trust me I've traveled in Asia and I purposely packed as little as possible going there and still came back overloaded. you're likely to buy a bunch of stuff on your trip and you need the margin.
    Plus a trip like that means connections (probably) and lots of packing, unpacking, bumping.... so I don't know how your Omnis will look after the trip, so better to get tpbs that can get beat up....
    Better yet, since you have the omnis just download the issues and read them on your laptop.
    As above unless you are moving permanently or not planning to travel at all then go digital.
    You really don't want to be lugging 40lbs of books around and when you come back you won't have room for junk you've accumulated.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Some of you probably know as you read the DC Collections Thread, but "Josh_" posted info. regarding Speedyhen lowering their prices on most if not all DC Omnibuses/Absolutes/Deluxes.

http://community.comicbookresources....-Part-3/page39

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Some of you probably know as you read the DC Collections Thread, but "Josh_" posted info. regarding Speedyhen lowering their prices on most if not all DC Omnibuses/Absolutes/Deluxes.

http://community.comicbookresources....-Part-3/page39
    Too bad they only ship to UK
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    Where did you end up getting it from?

I have been looking for the variant edition (as I have the variant edition for the Crossovers omnibus) but I may settle for the regular edition as the prices are insane for the variant.
    Bookmob.ca.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Amazing Member

Just to give you guys a heads up. I'm not sure if this has to do with the Amazon/Hatchette dispute but a few Epic Collections on amazon.ca seem to be sold out.

Thor: War of the Pantheons = (Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks)
    Avengers: The Final Threat = (Usually ships within 3 to 5 weeks)

They have stock of everything else (and are in stock on Amazon.com) so these could possibly the first few titles to go OOP from the line.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus is at £73.34 on amazon.co.uk with the info.: Usually dispatched within 10 to 12 days. If anyone in Europe hasn't got it yet, and is willing to fork out this amount, it maybe worth a shot.

Also, Annihilation Omnibus has finally decreased to ~£45 (excl. shipping) on the amazon.co.uk marketplace. YES! Now, I'm wondering whether to wait a bit longer for a further price decrease

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Also, Annihilation Omnibus has finally decreased to ~£45 (excl. shipping) on the amazon.co.uk marketplace. YES! Now, I'm wondering whether to wait a bit longer for a further price decrease
    Well, the recent Deadpool omnibus has the same RRP and has been as low as £40 before shipping, so it might be worth waiting to see how low it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Too bad they only ship to UK
    they ship to other countries through amazon.

Just wanted to express my anger after discovering how badly the FF vol.2 series has been collected. Marvel has decided that the first and last three issues should be collected within the Fantastic Four trades. Therefore, you need to buy two more trades you probably didn't want before if you want the entire series. It's truly a shame considering that FF is probably one of the best things Marvel has published in the last years.

Thankfully, Marvel's Spanish distributor chose to collect the full series in two trades, just how it should have been done, and I didn't need to buy extra stuff I don't want.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Just wanted to express my anger after discovering how badly the FF vol.2 series has been collected. Marvel has decided that the first and last three issues should be collected within the Fantastic Four trades. Therefore, you need to buy two more trades you probably didn't want before if you want the entire series. It's truly a shame considering that FF is probably one of the best things Marvel has published in the last years.

Thankfully, Marvel's Spanish distributor chose to collect the full series in two trades, just how it should have been done, and I didn't need to buy extra stuff I don't want.
    The solicits are incorrect for FF v.2, it has the last 3 issues. I own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Avenue View Post
    Just to give you guys a heads up. I'm not sure if this has to do with the Amazon/Hatchette dispute but a few Epic Collections on amazon.ca seem to be sold out.

Thor: War of the Pantheons = (Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks)
    Avengers: The Final Threat = (Usually ships within 3 to 5 weeks)

They have stock of everything else (and are in stock on Amazon.com) so these could possibly the first few titles to go OOP from the line.
    Still in stock (with more on the way) in the US (.com)