Page 1088 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 885889881038107810841085108610871088108910901091109210981138 ... LastLast
Results 16,306 to 16,320 of 17378

I haven't read those, but I will now, thanks!

The essays on Priest's own website are all fascinating, and must-reads for anyone interested in comics history (even though they are, as he is quick to point out, all his own interpretation of events).
    Last edited by Sean Whitmore; 08-17-2015 at 05:55 PM.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    I haven't read those, but I will now, thanks!

The essays on Priest's own website are all fascinating, and must-reads for anyone interest in comics history (even though they are, as he is quick to point out, all his own interpretation of events).
    That's what I like most about his articles/interviews: he doesn't hold back and is candid.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Anyone else?
    I'm not seeing it on IST.
    Mine arrived yesterday, and I received shipping notification for the new ultimates omni (forgot the exact title)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Anyone else?
    I'm not seeing it on IST.
    IST won't update till tomorrow afternoon. It is listed on CGN as a new release.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    IST won't update till tomorrow afternoon. It is listed on CGN as a new release.
    Was thinking the same thing - will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to see the listing on IST... hopefully.

Started the Iron Fist Epic Collection and have read the first few issues. Amazing stuff and I'm not even to the issues that people recommend it for. Surprised by how brutal some of the action scenes are as well as the basic origin stuff. It's quite to the point while dealing with some big concepts.

That Priest interview was a good read. Loved the bit about Kasper Cole and Marvel's money guys having no clue about the difference between African Americans and Africans. Ultimately, if you have a good character you just have to stay true to the characters traits and put them into a story. Agendas just make for bad entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thanks for the list. Definitely check those out. Im definitely a Hickman fan and highly interested in secret warriors.

Also been looking into the infinity gauntlet omnibus. I know the main story is good but are the tie ins worth paying for the omnibus? I also watched a you tube review on it and in the comments people were talking saying the ending or some major part is in a diffrent tpb. Is this true or are. They wrong g if so what's it called? I know there are other books under the infinity title but I don't think that's what they were talking about..

And I have the new avengers omnibus. You guys think there will be a vol 2 ever? Or should I try to track down the remaining 4 ohc? I know there oop but it seems pretty hard to track them down. Ebay had none and amazon I think had 2. Are they even worth it? I haven't even read the omni yet but I want everything! Lol

And lastly id like to get the ultimate ff since that reed also plays into secret wars I guess. Ive heard mixed feeling on this. But id like to know why that reed is the way he is and also its in ohc.
    Ultimate FF AFAIR is okay but nothing special. If you want to get to know the evil Reed you should read Ultimate Comics: Doomsday which is a hc collecting Ultimate Comics: Enemy,Ultimate Comics: Mystery and Doom (by Bendis).
    Also Hickman's Ultimates where Reed builds that dome thing and whatnot, can't remember , didn't like it at the time so didn't bother reading after a few issues (and Humphries didn't help it either).

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Started the Iron Fist Epic Collection and have read the first few issues. Amazing stuff and I'm not even to the issues that people recommend it for. Surprised by how brutal some of the action scenes are as well as the basic origin stuff. It's quite to the point while dealing with some big concepts.

That Priest interview was a good read. Loved the bit about Kasper Cole and Marvel's money guys having no clue about the difference between African Americans and Africans. Ultimately, if you have a good character you just have to stay true to the characters traits and put them into a story. Agendas just make for bad entertainment.
    Where was that Priest interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Yeah I know that but honestly I'm lazy and don't want to track them down haha I can't wait to sink into Nextwave! I think the reprint of the complete collection is looming.

I know the feeling. Part of me wants to jettison the OHC's and omnibi in favor of collecting easier to read, lower maintenance, and cheaper trades.
    I think OHC's are the easiest to read, with some of the poor quality construction on trades you feel like the pages are going to pop out when you crack the book open. I left Hickman's Secret on the shelf for a year as every time I went to read it, it felt like it was going to fall apart. I've also had more trades fall apart on me than any other format.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I think OHC's are the easiest to read, with some of the poor quality construction on trades you feel like the pages are going to pop out when you crack the book open. I left Hickman's Secret on the shelf for a year as every time I went to read it, it felt like it was going to fall apart. I've also had more trades fall apart on me than any other format.
    I've always feared the same thing about TPBs and that's the reason I prefer HCs with sewn-bindings. Trades anymore cost as much as many hardcovers did when I started collecting again less than 5 years ago. Sheesh!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Olslick View Post
    What's the consensus on Uncanny X-Men The New Age? I know it's probably not super great, but I'm a huge X-Men fan and I've never read but am kinda interested. How long are the odds that this gets collected as an OHC or two? I know it's not high on people's list of what would be considered 'classic' X-Men, but between the name recognition of Claremont and Davis and the fact that Marvel is pretty good with collecting X-Men in this format; it is worth it ultimately to just buy the trades?
    I really enjoyed it. The first few Claremont/Davis trades are fun affairs with actual villainous plots in them with some interesting character combinations (Rachel & Emma, especially). I feel they're sort of a hidden treasure of post-Morrison X-Men.

I think the odds for OHC are long but Epic/Pseudo-Epic are much shorter.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Throw in the '89 Update and you've got yourself a winner there! The cool thing was seeing the art by some of the then-top tier artists in the handbooks. Byrne did a lot, and I still remember McFarlane's Gray Hulk half page splash they used for the Hulk entry in the '89 update. IIRC Todd did the Hobgoblin update as well.
    I still have most of softcovers quite possibly 1st prints somewhere and the '89 update. Interesting to compare it to current Marvel and how they destroyed/modernised everything.

Whoever posted that Priest interview, thanks for doing it. After reading tons of empty interviews with "talents" like Scott Snyder and others who only hype and sell, it was incredibly refreshing to hear such a frank but blunt perspective, the essays on his website are quite fascinating too. I wasn't going to buy the Priest collection before and wait for an OHC/omnibus, but now I sure as hell will.

Also grabbed the deadpool minibus, if its too deadpool-y I can just sell it to the hordes of new fans next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I've always feared the same thing about TPBs and that's the reason I prefer HCs with sewn-bindings. Trades anymore cost as much as many hardcovers did when I started collecting again less than 5 years ago. Sheesh!
    Marvel trades especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Where was that Priest interview?
    A few pages back in this thread. Been waiting a long time for next week!