Page 1109 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1096091009105910991105110611071108110911101111111211131119 ... LastLast
Results 16,621 to 16,635 of 17378
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I feel like Alpha Flight is no more niche-y than New Warriors, and we got an Omnibus of that. Sure, there was maybe a new New Warriors series on the way at the time, but it's not like that was going to move so many more units to sudden new fans.

That said - with Alpha Flight, we already got three Classics deep. I'd love it if they just tacked on an Epic-sized TPB after that to get us deeper into the run.

As for Secret Avengers, as discussed above - I think it was one of Marvel's sleeper hit series of the past half decade and I don't understand how people are not crazy for it. The first run was solid, with Ellis's issues being the best one-off Avengers stories in years. Spencer's run was a modern classic for me, and Kot was utter pandemonium and perfection. I'd be first in line for any of those OHCs or Omnis.
    Last edited by krisis; 08-29-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by joesephed View Post
    Having just recently reread that run... I don't think it's mind-blowingly-omni-worthy. I enjoyed some of the Daisy Johnson vs. Mariah Hill subterfuge in the second half but not enough to buy four omnis
    At the very least, the names Brubaker, Ellis and Remender are usually enough to conjure OHCs/Omnibuses, regardless of the quality of the work. (And now Spencer is on the board with the Superior Foes Omni.) And a lot of stuff in Omni's isn't mind blowingly worthy, but sometimes it's just there and just right for an Omnibus.

Spectacular Member

About Ellis, would you recommend his Excalibur?

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    A few early issues had underwear drawn on an otherwise naked woman. But only for the digital release. The N-word was also censored in in one early issue, print as well as digital. I can't think of any censoring in later issues off the top.

The hardcovers have been nice packages. The paper is medium gauge web coated paper stock. Sewn bindings. Ribbons in the last two. I understand not liking the extent of the bonus features, but I've enjoyed having the entire issues in rough pencil. Process is great.

There's no oversized solicitation of the material in what's been announced. Maybe May 2016 and beyond.

Ah okay. Well I'll be waiting for the OHC collection whenever that appears.

Quote Originally Posted by joesephed View Post
    The tie-in material for House of M ranges from weak to worthless (possibly excepting the Wolverine and Hulk issues). And none of it has any bearing on the House of M event. Like, at all.
    It just doesn't scream out to be recollected into a giant book. Most of the tie-in OHCs were clearanced so it doesn't seem like they were a big seller for Marvel.
    I could see them reprinting the man House of M event, sure.
    The tie in minis were almost like some of the Secret Wars ones, some tied in fairly tightly to the main series, others like Spider-Man didn't fit in at all and in fact as mentioned contradicted the main story line. I personally loved the Spider-Man story as well as the Hulk and FF books.

okay, a tiny bit off topic, but how are DC's omnibuses compared to Marvel's? I am sort of eyeing the Justice League silver age vol. 1 omni from them, and would like some thoughts on that.

thanks!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    okay, a tiny bit off topic, but how are DC's omnibuses compared to Marvel's? I am sort of eyeing the Justice League silver age vol. 1 omni from them, and would like some thoughts on that.

thanks!
    DC has way better paper. Not sure about binding comparison. ( I only have one Marvel Omni so far)
    Cyclops was right

thanks!
    Tighter binding, but aside from that they are pretty much on par. Paper quality is probably a bit better with DC..but it really just comes down to a case by case basis.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Tighter binding, but aside from that they are pretty much on par. Paper quality is probably a bit better with DC..but it really just comes down to a case by case basis.
    Case by case is probably right, but the quality of the latest Perez Wonder Woman Omnibus blows Marvel out of the water. It has much better quality paper, a stronger binding aaaaand it doesn't have the shitty paper case wrap currently found on all Marvel omnibuses and some DC omnibuses. Instead it has a coated casewrap, making it much more scuff and stain resistant than a cheap paper casewrap. Plus the casewrap has Perez art all over it! It's truly a handsome looking book that puts Marvel's niggardly cost-cutting omnibus line to shame. All this and it only cost $75!!! Marvel would probably charge $125 for a Perez omnibus ($100 if they were feeling generous).

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

My latest haul from the past couple of months. Im really happy to have found the hc editions of messiah complex, second coming and age of x at extremely decent prices. and finally got untold tales of spiderman and a really go price from the bay as well. Now all i have to get is spider man omnibus vol 2. but now at those outrageous prices they want the book for. hopefully there will be a reprint, maybe around the time Captain America civil war comes out? I know that Spidey is suppose to get make an appearance to hopefully that happens.

Incredible Member

Are we sure that the miracleman hardcovers have sewn binding?

Giant-Size Little Marvels: AVX being released as OHC or paperback? Seen it listed as both.

Spectacular Member

Does the new Young Avengers by Gillen continue from YA: Children's Crusade or is it a totally new story? First time seeing the cover whenitmatter posted above n realised its almost the same team as the Heinberg one

That's not an omnibus...it's not hardcover, or oversized.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    That's not an omnibus...it's not hardcover, or oversized.
    Yes, it is. He's talking about the omni collecting the forst appearance of the JLA and some other early adventures.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47