Page 1110 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1106101010106011001106110711081109111011111112111311141120 ... LastLast
Results 16,636 to 16,650 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yes, it is. He's talking about the omni collecting the forst appearance of the JLA and some other early adventures.
    Ah, I was thinking of the this book. I forgot about that one...
    Last edited by mooch; 08-30-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    Giant-Size Little Marvels: AVX being released as OHC or paperback? Seen it listed as both.
    Looking at the Hachette catalogs, they show the TPB version targeted for October and the HC to follow in February. Two different catalogs, so I suppose the TPB could have been canceled and changed to HC instead - not certain.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I'm saying this here so there are witnesses to hold me to it: There are some major collecting guide updates on the way. There, I've said it.

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Does the new Young Avengers by Gillen continue from YA: Children's Crusade or is it a totally new story? First time seeing the cover whenitmatter posted above n realised its almost the same team as the Heinberg one
    The story does not continue immediately from there, but it does pick up Wiccan and Hulking's thread (which really had not been progressed elsewhere since then). However, it also picks up Loki after Journey Into Mystery, Ms. America Chavez after Vengeance, and Kate Bishop at some point prior or during her run in Fraction's Hawkeye. Plus, Marvel Boy from nowhere!

I really enjoyed Young Avengers, but it's Gillen in straight-up Phonogram / Wicked + Divine Mode with not as much mythology and superheroics as his JIM and Iron Man, respectively.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

I think it's safe to consider the Complete Collections of Peter David's X-Factor as good as dead, right?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    I think it's safe to consider the Complete Collections of Peter David's X-Factor as good as dead, right?
    You never know - sometimes Marvel comes out of nowhere with a third volume of a seemingly dead series, as they did with Alpha Flight Classic. Heck, even Deadpool Classic paused for over a year between volumes!

I think if there was some major re-use of the core characters in that run we could see it, and Monet is going to be in Uncanny X-Men this fall. It could happen! (But, if you want to own the series, I wouldn't hold your breath.)
    Last edited by krisis; 08-30-2015 at 06:25 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The story does not continue immediately from there, but it does pick up Wiccan and Hulking's thread (which really had not been progressed elsewhere since then). However, it also picks up Loki after Journey Into Mystery, Ms. America Chavez after Vengeance, and Kate Bishop at some point prior or during her run in Fraction's Hawkeye. Plus, Marvel Boy from nowhere!
    Thanks krisis for the insight. Another one added to the growing list of backlog need to hunt. And looking forward to that new guide too!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You never know - sometimes Marvel comes out of nowhere with a third volume of a seemingly dead series, as they did with Alpha Flight Classic. Heck, even Deadpool Classic paused for over a year between volumes!

I think if there was some major re-use of the core characters in that run we could see it, and Monet is going to be in Uncanny X-Men this fall. It could happen! (But, if you want to own the series, I wouldn't hold your breath.)
    Same happened Spider-Man 2099, but the collections kind of stopped again. Just Omnibus it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    About Ellis, would you recommend his Excalibur?
    I would. You can probably find the trades cheap online too.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    RIGHT! Hopefully Marvel will now offer a sticker with the letters "In-" to place on the spine right next to "complete" in the same font as the published book's font--although, a matching font is probably more than we could hope for. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I prefer to read in as much "order" as possible, but there is so much always going on in the MU that there is almost always one story affecting another. In my opinion it is usually the journey of the event I enjoy not the fallout, that is part of the journey of the next story. For instance not having read Schism prior to later arc's doesn't ruin the next one down the line, and for me doesn't create some terrible spoiler. I take the character situations as presented and if the situation intrigues me enough I will find out what storyline created the dynamic and then I will read it to see how they got where they are. Just my opinion, and yes I have read Schism just an example.
    Then the only solution becomes obvious.

The Astonishing X-Men omni must be cut in twain, with House of M placed in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Then the only solution becomes obvious.

The Astonishing X-Men omni must be cut in twain, with House of M placed in the middle.
    Lol.
    spaces!!!!
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Started in on Onslaught and I am in an unexpected heaven. As soon as I opened the book up and that new print smell hit me, with the mid 90s cartoony art, and it's like I'm in a comic shop browsing through the tpb section (the market for collected editions was much smaller then) deciding what new story to discover. I do miss browsing through the collected editions in a shop.

I got into comics for real in the mid-late 90s and opening up this book reminds of that time of discovery.

I've also started reading many of the tie-ins I'd never read and I am extremely surprised to find myself enjoying it. I'm going back over the last few months in my memory, trying to remember if I had any bad head injuries that would cause this. That's the problem with head injuries though, I probably wouldn't remember it anyway. Guess I'll just have to enjoy it.

Most likely gonna order the 3 superior spiderman ohc. How is the paper quality is it the standard ohc/ omni paper or the newer thin paper. And I assume the binding is the same marvel as always?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Started in on Onslaught and I am in an unexpected heaven. As soon as I opened the book up and that new print smell hit me, with the mid 90s cartoony art, and it's like I'm in a comic shop browsing through the tpb section (the market for collected editions was much smaller then) deciding what new story to discover. I do miss browsing through the collected editions in a shop.

I got into comics for real in the mid-late 90s and opening up this book reminds of that time of discovery.

I've also started reading many of the tie-ins I'd never read and I am extremely surprised to find myself enjoying it. I'm going back over the last few months in my memory, trying to remember if I had any bad head injuries that would cause this. That's the problem with head injuries though, I probably wouldn't remember it anyway. Guess I'll just have to enjoy it.
    I think you're on to something, Cap. You must definitely be suffering from some kind of trauma to your noggin to have both your visual cortex and center for reasoning so compromised as to actually enjoy this irredeemable pile. Your state of amnesia surrounding your head trauma has me concerned. You should either attempt to recover your faculties by throwing this omnibus up into the air and let it smack you on the head á la Looney Tunes, or else seek out your nearest neurologist. We can't have one of our senior members going around with delusions that Onslaught was good or else the next thing you know you'll be heaping praise on New Warriors or The Crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I think you're on to something, Cap. You must definitely be suffering from some kind of trauma to your noggin to have both your visual cortex and center for reasoning so compromised as to actually enjoy this irredeemable pile. Your state of amnesia surrounding your head trauma has me concerned. You should either attempt to recover your faculties by throwing this omnibus up into the air and let it smack you on the head á la Looney Tunes, or else seek out your nearest neurologist. We can't have one of our senior members going around with delusions that Onslaught was good or else the next thing you know you'll be heaping praise on New Warriors or The Crossing.

I like the omnibus hitting his head idea myself. Will do much more for your head than a neurologists could do.