Page 1119 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1196191019106911091115111611171118111911201121112211231129 ... LastLast
Results 16,771 to 16,785 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Secret Wars delayed til March?! Thats 4 months from the original Nov. release! WTF?! Are they planning to release an Omnibus for the tie-ins as the reason for this 4 month delay?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
    Secret Wars delayed til March?! Thats 4 months from the original Nov. release! WTF?! Are they planning to release an Omnibus for the tie-ins as the reason for this 4 month delay?
    The floppies have pushed way off schedule, they are weeks behind and added an extra issue. I don't think the floppies are slated to be finished till November.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Anyone else doing this? I've gotten to the point where I'm out of shelf space again, and I've taken to putting the Absolute-style books on the absolute top of the book shelf.
    Attachment 26743
    I do the exact same thing.
    I have books on top of books on that top shelf! It's pretty dire.
    Count me in. I have my HB Lib Editions and Absolutes on the top shelf. However, I do have a pair of metal bookends with non-slip gripper feet on mine.
    I'd thought about some nice stature quality bookends but realized I'd lose a lot of storage space.
    The bookends aren't noticeable at eye level so I'm pleased with my set up.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I think White is definitely getting it's own OHC when it starts to do trade rounds. Then sometime down the road - it could be a handful of years even, Marvel probably will solicit a "new" book, and maybe even call it an Omnibus, featuring the three colors + White in one package, and the old 3 color OHC will just be an obsolete outdated collection. But I don't think the 3 color OHC sold all that well, so White would probably have to sell really well to carry that collection.

So if you're thinking about the near term, I wouldn't bank on a full 4 color Omnibus come within a year or two of White getting its own OHC release. If you have collecting OCD, you might want to get the three color OHCs individually, then get the White OHC and hope it stylistically matches the other three with its trade dress! But if White sells well I would not be surprised to see a 4 color Omnibus someday. Just not soon.
    Didn't realize it wasn't a good/great seller. It is still available at IST and that's what I'm thinking of doing. Your post confirms it, I'll the the 3 color OHC and see how it plays out. If they choose to repackage them as a 4 color Loeb/Sale Omni down the road I'll just flip the 3 color.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 09-10-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    The floppies have pushed way off schedule, they are weeks behind and added an extra issue. I don't think the floppies are slated to be finished till November.
    I doubt they'll even pull that off. As of now, sticking to one issue per month with no further delays would put #9 in December. And honestly, as someone who's now more into collections than monthlies nowadays, I'm fine with delays that result in one artist for the whole series. It's frustrating up front, but better in the long term when reading the OHC years later. Especially when the artist can take the time needed and deliver their best. For example, oft-delayed Ultimates Bryan Hitch vs on-time delivery Age Of Ultron Bryan Hitch.

Spectacular Member

Did anybody notice the Michelinie Iron Man Omnibus is only $44.15 on amazon?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Wowzy, that is a great deal.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    WHAT?

[10 seconds later]

Bought.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

I guess the low Canadian dollar is affecting the older in print omnibuses even though the cover price is the same. It seems like the $112.99 cover price omnibuses are now $84.xx (used to be $71.xx) on Amazon/Chapters and the $140 cover price omnibuses are now $105 (used to be $88.xx). Guess I am done collecting omnibuses. It was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    The paper quality seems like the exact same to me so I wouldn't let that make your decision. The fact that the Infinity OHC is laid out in the intended order is a pretty great reason to go for that over Avengers vol 2.
    Butarnt you losing out of woe issues if you don't get both?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I like how you’ve grouped your Omnibuses and OHCs together according to character(s). I’ve been thinking of doing it that way, as at the moment I have my OHCs separate to my Omnibuses with the exception of Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil. In the case of Daredevil, all my Omnibuses, OHCs, PHCs and TPBs (and even one Essential) are together on one shelf and in chronological order.

With regards to USM, the few OHCs I have are between the USM Omnibus Vol. 1 and Death of USM Omnibus with Spider-Men OHC at the end

My Absolutes along with my Encyclopedias, “Art of...” and other alternatively shaped books are actually on the bottom shelf as it has the largest base and juts out slightly.
    I mix it up a little. When I have a lot of books of the same character (X-Men, DD, Spider-Man, FF, Avengers) then they get grouped together. Others I group by author (Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, for example, although with Johns I've so far been able to group them by character(s) as well. In other cases, I do some by themes - by FF shelf also has the Marvel "cosmic" titles. The only time I do it by format is with Absolute editions.

For the highest shelf, I stuck with Absolutes and Library editions that were all black. I've got another few shelves of just Absolutes but they're all way more colorful. Of course, as I run out fo space, I'll move them up.

A concern right now is that I'm about an inch or two away from filling a shelf each of Avengers and Daredevil. Once that happens, I'm not sure what route I will take when I get another.

Fantastic Member

Unrelated to anything I have a couple of questions for the community.
    1. How is the build on the new MARVEL OHC books? THOR by Aaron. AVENGERS/NEW AVENGERS by Hickman etc. Is it worth trading up from the original standard size hardcover releases?
    I am sure this has been discussed already but I have been extremely busy at work for the last several months.
    2. A while back I bought some some MARVEL and DC books from an acquaintance/private collector. One of these was the AVENGERS VS X-MEN companion. It comes in a large printed box. The box is still sealed. I already have pretty much everything collected in this book in TPB, so I was thinking of selling it. Is this box considered part of the book? Will opening the box lower the value? I'm pretty sure it does, but how do I know the condition of the book if I don't open the box and see it? Whats the best route to take, sell the item as new in box (sealed) or open the box to confirm the condition of the book itself?
    Any answers/informed opinions would be appreciated.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    2. A while back I bought some some MARVEL and DC books from an acquaintance/private collector. One of these was the AVENGERS VS X-MEN companion. It comes in a large printed box. The box is still sealed. I already have pretty much everything collected in this book in TPB, so I was thinking of selling it. Is this box considered part of the book? Will opening the box lower the value? I'm pretty sure it does, but how do I know the condition of the book if I don't open the box and see it? Whats the best route to take, sell the item as new in box (sealed) or open the box to confirm the condition of the book itself?
    Any answers/informed opinions would be appreciated.
    The Companion is not worth too much, since Marvel wound up blowing it out at a discount. It hasn't sold for over $50 on eBay recently. Yet, all oversized books get expensive, eventually.

Listings marked "New Sealed" include the intact box. If you're going to hang on to it for a long while, I think you leave the box sealed and then check out the market when you're ready to sell to see if the sealed box is unique at that point. If you're selling it sooner, personally I'd carefully open the box to check the condition and add some padding, and then say exactly that (with photos to prove it) in the listing. I'd rather take the minor hit on losing the "sealed" status and guarantee the condition then risk pissing off a seller.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Hi guys,
    Since UMX Omni vol.3 is on the way and X-fans start to get vol. 4 on the wishlists I was wondering:
    What would be your wish for a X-Omni after a 4th volume? (not X-force, X-factor, Excalibur,… only if with storyarcs that include UXM or XM volumes)
    Personally I’m hoping for : X-Men by Alan Davis Omnibus vol.1 ( a prelude to "Apocalypse: The Twelve" including: X-Men #85-94,X-Men ’99 Annual, X-Men: Magneto War #1, Uncanny X-Men #366-374,Wolverine #140-144, Hulk #7-8, Cable #71, Gambit #8-9, Astonishing X-Men #1-3)

But I’m very curious about your choices!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    What would be your wish for a X-Omni after a 4th volume? (not X-force, X-factor, Excalibur,… only if with storyarcs that include UXM or XM volumes)
    I'd really love the Kelly/Seagle era Omni'd, not only because it's a big gap, but because it interwined so frequently - UXM #351-365 & XMv2 #71-81, plus annuals of the period. That nicely abuts Operation Zero Tolerance (and, to really make it line up you'd probably include UXM #347-350 as run-up even those Seagle only wrote #350).

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Unrelated to anything I have a couple of questions for the community.
    1. How is the build on the new MARVEL OHC books? THOR by Aaron. AVENGERS/NEW AVENGERS by Hickman etc. Is it worth trading up from the original standard size hardcover releases?
    AFAIK the NOW phc-s' quality was very poor so it definitely worth it. The ohc-s are good quality, usually the event ohc-s that are published after like 3 months of the floppies are inferior quality books but the normal ohc-s are fine.