Page 1142 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1426421042109211321138113911401141114211431144114511461152 ... LastLast
Results 17,116 to 17,130 of 17378
    Amazing Member

Hmm thanks! Think I'll go look for that single issue then and see if someone else wants it..

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    If I thought the Onslaught omni was ****, if a struggled to get through the Infinity Gauntlet omni and if I'm finding the Busiek/Perez Avenger oh so meh, is it worth me cracking open my sealed AOA omni, or should I just sell it?
    In that case sell it. FAST.

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post
    I recently acquired the X-Men by Claremont and Lee omnibus volume 1. I thought this was supposed to be a good read, but I really don't like it. Did anyone else have this?
    Lots & lots of folks have that opinion. 3/4 of the books reprinted in this Omni are horrid and actually don't even feature the X-Men. It's all D-listers like Forge & Polaris and Dr. MacTaggert running around while the X-Men are nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, that was a pretty bad-ass issue. And the only decent one in that mess.
    I actually thought the first few issues were ok, till they left the Outback and things fell apart. Why did no one miss the fact that Longshot vanished? It was never explained or even mentioned on panel that I can recall. He's here one minute, then POOF! Gone the next. The issue where Wolverine was crucified then saved by Jubilee & Gateway were pretty good and had some dark, sketchy artwork by Silvestri. I liked those. After the team went thru the Seige Perilous (which was the most comic-booky plot device ever created), it all sort of fell apart into one giant 2 year long mess. The re-intro of Psylocke during Acts of Vengeance was OK, not great. The whole thing with kid-Storm & the intro of Gambit was silly.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    In that case sell it. FAST.

I actually thought the first few issues were ok, till they left the Outback and things fell apart. Why did no one miss the fact that Longshot vanished? It was never explained or even mentioned on panel that I can recall. He's here one minute, then POOF! Gone the next. The issue where Wolverine was crucified then saved by Jubilee & Gateway were pretty good and had some dark, sketchy artwork by Silvestri. I liked those. After the team went thru the Seige Perilous (which was the most comic-booky plot device ever created), it all sort of fell apart into one giant 2 year long mess. The re-intro of Psylocke during Acts of Vengeance was OK, not great. The whole thing with kid-Storm & the intro of Gambit was silly.
    Those are probably readable, but I think I pretty much gave up on Claremont around issue # 220 or so or sometime after Fall of the Mutants and I wasn't even keen on that. Of course by then I think the Marvel brass were "helping" with the stories. Over the years, I'd go back and kind of read the gaps but those were really, really bad times for the X-Men. In fact, I don't think I really started reading them much again until Morrison came aboard. Since then, it's been off and on.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Those are probably readable, but I think I pretty much gave up on Claremont around issue # 220 or so or sometime after Fall of the Mutants and I wasn't even keen on that. Of course by then I think the Marvel brass were "helping" with the stories. Over the years, I'd go back and kind of read the gaps but those were really, really bad times for the X-Men. In fact, I don't think I really started reading them much again until Morrison came aboard. Since then, it's been off and on.
    I haven't read past DoFP yet, but I can't imagine even the worst of Chris Claremont equalling the sheer level of trash that the entire franchise has been in since Whedon left. Kieron Gillen and Chris Yost excepted, of course.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I haven't read past DoFP yet, but I can't imagine even the worst of Chris Claremont equalling the sheer level of trash that the entire franchise has been in since Whedon left. Kieron Gillen and Chris Yost excepted, of course.
    LOL, believe me, you'd think Alan Moore had been writing X-Men the past 10 years once you start reading the turds Claremont and those that followed put out during the 90s.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

LOL, believe me, you'd think Alan Moore had been writing X-Men the past 10 years once you start reading the turds Claremont and those that followed put out during the 90s.
    And everyone wonders why Marvel would rather bring in the Inhumans xD

But I agree that good runs of X-Men are few and far between, most are just barely tolerable, barely.

WHat stories besides x-force did Yost make?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Sell it, and then stop reading anything you dont already know you will like. Being adventurous with your money is not paying off for you!
    These are words of wisdom

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Second coming, world's apart, marvel now's amazing x-men and some of the X-Men cosmic stuff like emporer vulcan and kingbreaker. I think he also did a Psylocke mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Second coming, world's apart, marvel now's amazing x-men and some of the X-Men cosmic stuff like emporer vulcan and kingbreaker. I think he also did a Psylocke mini series.
    That's a good list though i didn't read most of them yet. Btw anyone read Xmen first to Last?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I was referring to X-Men proper, Amazing X-Men specifically. A lot of the side books have been really good the last couple years, the main books have been the bad ones.
    Cyclops was right

Hey man, I liked some of the Lobdell stuff. I'm sure it will be passable, at least.

And if nothing else, its not Austen. Or the satanic being known as Bendys, cursed be his name.
    Cyclops was right

If anyone happens to be curious why I hate Bendys so much:

He took a dump on Rich Rider
    He took a dump on Hank Pym
    He took a dump on Scarlet Witch
    He took a dump on the Wasp
    He took a dump on Iceman's romantic history
    He took a dump on the Beast's reputation
    He took a dump on the entire GotG
    And he put Wolverine on the Avengers.

END OF RANT
    Cyclops was right

I wouldn't of necessarily liked Wolverine and Spider-man on the New Avengers if they weren't so hilarious together.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

If anyone happens to be curious why I hate Bendys so much:

He took a dump on Rich Rider
    He took a dump on Hank Pym
    He took a dump on Scarlet Witch
    He took a dump on the Wasp
    He took a dump on Iceman's romantic history
    He took a dump on the Beast's reputation
    He took a dump on the entire GotG
    And he put Wolverine on the Avengers.

END OF RANT
    If anyone is curious why I love Bendis:

He elevated Daredevil
    He created Jessica Jones
    He wrote The Confession
    He gave us lasting disruption in X-Men status quo providing a decade worth of great stories
    He wrote the greatest Spidey run of all time
    He reinvigorated Luke Cage
    He created Powers
    He's got an incredible ear for dialogue

END OF NEWTON'S THIRD LAW