Page 1155 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 155655105511051145115111521153115411551156115711581159 LastLast
Results 17,311 to 17,325 of 17378
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    The price of Omnis on Amazon.ca has also hurt a lot. Thankfully I was able to pre-order most of the 2016 books while the regular discounts were in effect, but after that I'm going to have to be much more selective. My LCS has a %50 sale on Masterworks (and DC archives) so at least I have some cheap reading for now.
    It's absolutely crazy what's happening to Canadians. Is Amazon hiking its prices so terribly in other markets? I checked and it doesn't look like it. All us Canadians are going to be priced out of the hobby. Everything's going up 20-40% and we have no alternatives.

Spectacular Member

I only buy Star Trek Floppies nowadays. Have been doing that for a couple of years, its a habit. But besides that, only HCs (european and US stuff combined) Today, I build my 12th Billy. Hopefully I can slow down a bit, because otherwise I will have to get rid of some stuff first.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I get Valiant in OHC so I am perpetually behind, but I think I may move to getting some of it in trades just because I am loving it so much. and I'm missing out on a lot. I haven't decided if I'll continue Secret Wars monthly and instead get the OHC. I don't want to double dip but I have to admit, I've really loved the event
    Especially since they're doing more miniseries now and whatnot. I don't see how the current stuff would get collected in HC when they get caught up to it unless they start making smaller volumes or make collections of series or something.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Especially since they're doing more miniseries now and whatnot. I don't see how the current stuff would get collected in HC when they get caught up to it unless they start making smaller volumes or make collections of series or something.
    Valiant is actually OHCing both The Valiant and Divinity, but I still agree with you - eventually they're going to get into a situation where something doesn't makes sense to hit one of the OHCs and then everyone who has been buying them all along is going to be peeved.

For those not following, Valiant has recently wrapped the "First Season" of their books with the exception of X-O Manowar which is running continuously, and has proven to be very consistent in having them all hit OHC as a secondary collected release with clean lines in how they adhere to the TPBs, some extra issues and inclusions, and as little overlap as possible.

What interests me about that is it makes me really want all of the OHCs due to their consistency and predictability. It's not like Marvel, where maybe you want an HC and then you get some of the issues in an event book and you buy the OHC but really you're hoping for an Omnibus. Valiant has a very streamlined approach, and it lets collections purchase with confidence.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Valiant is actually OHCing both The Valiant and Divinity, but I still agree with you - eventually they're going to get into a situation where something doesn't makes sense to hit one of the OHCs and then everyone who has been buying them all along is going to be peeved.

For those not following, Valiant has recently wrapped the "First Season" of their books with the exception of X-O Manowar which is running continuously, and has proven to be very consistent in having them all hit OHC as a secondary collected release with clean lines in how they adhere to the TPBs, some extra issues and inclusions, and as little overlap as possible.

What interests me about that is it makes me really want all of the OHCs due to their consistency and predictability. It's not like Marvel, where maybe you want an HC and then you get some of the issues in an event book and you buy the OHC but really you're hoping for an Omnibus. Valiant has a very streamlined approach, and it lets collections purchase with confidence.
    They definitely do. I love most of the Valiant books and while their OHC release has been inconsistent as of late I really dig their books.

However, it's much easier when you're a much smaller company with many fewer titles. Even still we're starting to see some double dipping and major delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    For those of you dreaming of ROM being collected, read this:

http:// http://www.comicbookresource...creative-teams

"Acquiring the rights to "Rom" has been a particular priority for IDW's Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall for a number of years. Ryall's fandom of the space-faring robotic hero runs so deep,*he commissioned a four-volume hardcover collection of the 75-issue Marvel Comics series "Rom: Spaceknight."

Attachment 27688
    This would be cool, but I wonder about the Dire Wraiths and other characters that Marvel still uses and whether IDW would have the rights to print them. Rom was a cool series but I haven't read any issues in a looooooong time, so I don't know if it would stand the test of time, at least for me. But I sure would buy Volume 1!

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Rampant speculation time!

Now that Marvel has finished off the Star Wars Original Marvel Years omnis, what do you think will be the next Star Wars books to get the deluxe or omni treatment? Will it be the new books they've been putting out? A classic Dark Horse series? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Rampant speculation time!

Now that Marvel has finished off the Star Wars Original Marvel Years omnis, what do you think will be the next Star Wars books to get the deluxe or omni treatment? Will it be the new books they've been putting out? A classic Dark Horse series? What do you think?
    I think we'll start seeing Deluxe OHCs in time for christmas next year with the movie Blu rays and DVD sets.
    Last edited by Canucked; 10-10-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

as a somewhat (heavily) lapsed SW fan, are the comics any good?

I think they are pretty good. I've read about 5 or 6 issues of Vader and of the main series and they capture the feel of Star Wars but also feel like they are great stories by themselves instead of just something you are reading because it's Star Wars branded. I would definitely give them a try.

Has IST been getting slower for everyone?

I used to place orders on Tuesday - they would ship Wednesday and I would have the books by the next Tuesday. But lately I'll place an order on Tuesday and sometimes it won't even ship until the next week. My books this week have all been picked and scanned for days but no shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I think they are pretty good. I've read about 5 or 6 issues of Vader and of the main series and they capture the feel of Star Wars but also feel like they are great stories by themselves instead of just something you are reading because it's Star Wars branded. I would definitely give them a try.
    cheers, i usually give movie tie-ins a miss but will look into the (expected) omni when it comes out.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I used to place orders on Tuesday - they would ship Wednesday and I would have the books by the next Tuesday. But lately I'll place an order on Tuesday and sometimes it won't even ship until the next week. My books this week have all been picked and scanned for days but no shipping.
    Me too. My first order took like, 4 days to ship and get to my house. Then my last couple have taken well over a week.
    Cyclops was right

All-New Member

It varies. I've had some that have taken days to even get picked and scanned. This week, however, I put an order in at the beginning of the week and the box was waiting at my house on Friday.

This has always happened to me since I started ordering in July. But my last order was made on a Sunday and they were scanned and shipped by Monday and arrived Friday which has been the fastest ever for me. Usually if there shipped on Monday I get them on Saturday.

The thing I hare the most about ist is how there out of stock system works. On there info page it says if a book is oos it will can delay your order by 3 days but its always delayed my orders by 5 to 7. I wish when they are oos on something they immediately order a few copies instead of waiting for someone ti order one.

But that's a small thing for me. I love ist. One time one of my books had some glue along the top pages which I had to seperate which was ok and the dj wasn't put on straight so on top of one of the sides had some folds. I asked about a replacement and they emailed me the label but I was under the assumption that you had to print the label on sticky paper to make it a sticker to put on the box which was incorrect so after telling them I didn't have a printer they gave me a partial refund and let me keep the book which was all fixable but some minor folds on the dj that were on the inside flap so they arnt even viable unless you open the book which isn't that big of a deal ti me.

With the next damaged book had a very small rip in the cardboard backing and they gave me two weeks to see if I wanted to keep it or exchange it which I decided to keep.

Very good customer service.