Page 1157 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 1576571057110711471153115411551156115711581159 LastLast
Results 17,341 to 17,355 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    It is where the real money comes from, they really outsell trades and other collections and a monthly model is essential for a business like this where they have high monthly costs. The cash flow from the monthly books makes sure that the lights are kept on while the big cash injections from OHC/s omnibuses are great for special projects.
    That may be true. I would wager though, that a vast majority of people only buy monthlies because they are either A) impatient and need to have every bite sized portion of the story immediately, B) Are just doing it out of habit, or C) Are doing it from a collectors standpoint. I think if you would ditch the monthlies, all that anticipation and sales would transfer over to the trades. The business model itself needs to change imo. If you must do monthlies, why not just put them out digitally and keep manufacturing and distribution costs down..you can then use any money saved towards paying the creators more or making better quality collected additions.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    That may be true. I would wager though, that a vast majority of people only buy monthlies because they are either A) impatient and need to have every bite sized portion of the story immediately, B) Are just doing it out of habit, or C) Are doing it from a collectors standpoint. I think if you would ditch the monthlies, all that anticipation and sales would transfer over to the trades. The business model itself needs to change imo. If you must do monthlies, why not just put them out digitally and keep manufacturing and distribution costs down..you can then use any money saved towards paying the creators more or making better quality collected additions.
    That doesn't seem to be a high priority with Marvel. More expensive collected editions on the other hand....

Spectacular Member

What is/are the best Star Wars Epic Collection(s), released or upcoming? I like the sound of Infinities, but haven't read any of the material.

So is there an ohc of spider island? Ive found places that says there is but it seems fishy. Can someone link it to me on ist on amazon? I found one place on amazon that had 1 third party seller. Idk kinds of confused why im having a hard time finding it unless its oop.

And what other spider man ohcs are there besides usm? I have the 3 superiors.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

"Ends of The Earth" also got an OHC.

If you can't find "Spider-Island" on Amazon, try instocktrades.com or cheapgraphicnovels.com.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    What is/are the best Star Wars Epic Collection(s), released or upcoming? I like the sound of Infinities, but haven't read any of the material.
    The first is really, really good. The other two are much weaker.

Infinities, I mean.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

"Ends of The Earth" also got an OHC.

If you can't find "Spider-Island" on Amazon, try instocktrades.com or cheapgraphicnovels.com.
    Really? Cool. That was the one Slott Spidey story I actually liked. Coincidentally, a big part of it revolved around Pete's feelings for MJ. Which is hilarious.
    Cyclops was right

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Spider Island, Spider Island Companion, Back in Black, Civil War: Spider-Man, Spider-Verse

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    In the first post on this thread there is a link to a site that has a list of all non omni ohc's organized by character.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    The Old Republic is pretty amazing and The Empure has some killer stories (especially the Purge one-shots) as well. Haven't read the others yet.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Rampant speculation time!

Now that Marvel has finished off the Star Wars Original Marvel Years omnis, what do you think will be the next Star Wars books to get the deluxe or omni treatment? Will it be the new books they've been putting out? A classic Dark Horse series? What do you think?
    It will be Vader Down in Q2 as the usual Event OHC.

But I would love to have Dark Empire collected as a OHC...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dafonz604 View Post
    Spider Island, Spider Island Companion, Back in Black, Civil War: Spider-Man, Spider-Verse
    Not to forget "Best of Spider-Man Vol 1 - 5" and the one from Marvel Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    In the first post on this thread there is a link to a site that has a list of all non omni ohc's organized by character.
    Wow cant believe all of the oop stuff I missed out on. Soooo sad looking at all of it ;(

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Rampant speculation time!

Now that Marvel has finished off the Star Wars Original Marvel Years omnis, what do you think will be the next Star Wars books to get the deluxe or omni treatment? Will it be the new books they've been putting out? A classic Dark Horse series? What do you think?
    Are the Original Year Omnis' worth picking up? What would you compare them to in regards to style?