Page 13 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast

Anyone know is there's a way to follow prices on Amazon for rare books whenever a new one is posted up? Kinda like how eBay allows you to follow searches and have them show up on your feed.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I am expecting the Secret Warriors Omni it the next few days with Annihilation hot on its heels. Cost me an arm and a leg between them but im pretty excited. Have never read SW before and I haven't read Annihilation since it was first published.

Trying to decide whether next paydays purchase should be the New X-Men omnibus, Amazing Spider-Man by Michelinie or Remenders Punisher.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I am expecting the Secret Warriors Omni it the next few days with Annihilation hot on its heels. Cost me an arm and a leg between them but im pretty excited. Have never read SW before and I haven't read Annihilation since it was first published.

Trying to decide whether next paydays purchase should be the New X-Men omnibus, Amazing Spider-Man by Michelinie or Remenders Punisher.
    There's no way either of those others could top NXM for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone know is there's a way to follow prices on Amazon for rare books whenever a new one is posted up? Kinda like how eBay allows you to follow searches and have them show up on your feed.
    www.camelcamelcamel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    I just ordered a copy of the Iron Fist Omnibus from Plumcircle on Amazon for...

...drumroll please....

$45. Lets see of it arrives in decent condition.
    nice find! if i could ever find it for a decent price, i'd upgrade from my trades.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    What's the next oversize book you expect to show up on your doorstep?
    dc one million will be arriving tomorrow. next marvel book should be annihilation.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post

i really liked secret warriors, i picked up it last black friday. once i started in, i couldn't stop reading. lots of fun plot twists and some amazing art from stefano caselli. hope you dig it.

and go for new x-men, it's great.
    formerly 'weeks'

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    You can use a price tracker service and set it to look at the 3rd Party Deals. One I have used in the past is called CamelCamelCamel.com (seriously). You can make an entire wishlist, point it there to learn the products, and then set your price threshold for each one. Or, just add them one at a time.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

I haven't ordered it yet, but I suspect it will be Annihilation.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    There's no way either of those others could top NXM for me.
    I am quite eager to check it out. Think I have read some issues in the Panini reprints a long while ago and have wanted to check the run out since. To be honest though, think my next couple of purchases will be ones that are closest to going OOP so NXM might have to wait a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    i really liked secret warriors, i picked up it last black friday. once i started in, i couldn't stop reading. lots of fun plot twists and some amazing art from stefano caselli. hope you dig it.

and go for new x-men, it's great.
    I have high hopes. Been really impressed with Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity and East of West recently so I wanted to check out more of Hickmans work. My dislike of the Fantastic Four left SW as the obvious choice. Hopefully I enjoy it as much as you did!

Incredible Member

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Volume 2, X-O Manowar Deluxe Edition 1, Harbinger Deluxe Edition 1 and Fear Agent Library Editions 1 and 2!

Spider-Man: Back in Black and the D&D Fells Five HC. Contemplating grabbing the Pathfinder one too.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Jeph York had this to say about the Epic spines:

The lines DO match up. The line is on the exact same spot in each spine. The exact same distance from the Marvel logo, the exact same distance from the character image.

What you're seeing is books that have been trimmed differently by the printer. That's kind of out of Marvel's hands. And it likely varies from copy to copy.
    Well woah ho ho, we got our board (and share it with the Classic crowd).
    Last edited by CrazyOldHermit; 05-01-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Aww I wanted to be the first to see it lol

My biggest problem now will be to avoid ignoring the other sub forums
    Last edited by Tony; 05-01-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Jeph York had this to say about the Epic spines:

Well woah ho ho, we got our board (and share it with the Classic crowd).
    It's hard for me to comprehend that this day and age they couldn't manufacture them to line up the spines. I don't doubt Jeph but it seems like printers should be able to solve that problem. I dunno. I don't really care either though.

Cap, new avatar I see. Is that the Incredible Hulk dressed up in his Captain America jammies?