Page 130 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 30801201261271281291301311321331341401802306301130 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    The omni Silver Age omnis I get are Spider-Man and with that line seemingly coming to an end I plan on jumping into the Epics instead.
    What do you mean by that?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

What with quite a few of you wanting to see Rucka’s Punisher make it to OHC format, I have a question. What recent/current ongoing do you wish to see make the OHC/Omnibus “shortlist”?

Other than anything and everything Daredevil and Spider-Man, my candidate is Iron Fist The living Weapon. Kaare Andrews delivers a double punch with his unique art form and down to earth writing.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    What with quite a few of you wanting to see Rucka’s Punisher make it to OHC format, I have a question. What recent/current ongoing do you wish to see make the OHC/Omnibus “shortlist”?

Other than anything and everything Daredevil and Spider-Man, my candidate is Iron Fist The living Weapon. Kaare Andrews delivers a double punch with his unique art form and down to earth writing.
    Black Widow. I need that Noto art oversized.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Thor God of thunder, Superior foes of spider-man, Superior Spider-man, Uncanny Avengers and Cyclops eventually.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

What recent/current ongoing do you wish to see make the OHC/Omnibus “shortlist”?
    Black Widow
    Elektra
    Moon Knight (although Ellis & Shalvey leaving after #6 may not be enough for an OHC)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Brian Michael Bendis was on stage at E3 announcing the Powers series for PSN.
    He looked like a Mafia Don on stage, with the suit/waistcoat even though I love Powers it was probably the worst part of the presentation. No information or trailer, except they're making it. Sony did kick some butt with their conference, so many games that rocked.

JiM, Hickmans Avengers/New Avengers. DD and Thor are getting OHCs so I guess that's me happy.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I'm usually pretty satisfied with my HCs and TPBs, but now that I have UXF and the YA Omni has been solicited, the next oversized double-dips I would make are:
    - Avengers Arena (18 issues of perfect storytelling that belong in one place with oversized art)
    - Avengers: Prelude to Infinity (basically the entirety of the Hickman run that doesn't appear in the Infinity OHC)
    - Nova OHC 2 and 3 (OHC 1 is Nova: Annihilation. The TPBs are crazily out of print with no complete collection on the horizon)
    - Punisher by Rucka (some of this skipped initial HC and it's already getting hard to find in TPB. Also, I think it would qualify as an Omnibus, it's five volumes)
    - Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 2 by Gillen (not that I would refuse an UXM by Gillen Omnibus, but this is a tidy run to shelve alongside the WATXM Omnibus after Schism (some of which was the best UXM has been since the 80s)
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I'm usually pretty satisfied with my HCs and TPBs, but now that I have UXF and the YA Omni has been solicited, the next oversized double-dips I would make are:
    - Avengers Arena (18 issues of perfect storytelling that belong in one place with oversized art)
    - Avengers: Prelude to Infinity (basically the entirety of the Hickman run that doesn't appear in the Infinity OHC)
    - Nova OHC 2 and 3 (OHC 1 is Nova: Annihilation. The TPBs are crazily out of print with no complete collection on the horizon)
    - Punisher by Rucka (some of this skipped initial HC and it's already getting hard to find in TPB. Also, I think it would qualify as an Omnibus, it's five volumes)
    - Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 2 by Gillen (not that I would refuse an UXM by Gillen Omnibus, but this is a tidy run to shelve alongside the WATXM Omnibus after Schism (some of which was the best UXM has been since the 80s)
    Oh crap, forgot Avengers arena, that NEEDS to be collected in OHC. If Undercover lasts as long or shorter than arena then perhaps a Avengers Arena/Undercover omnibus is upcoming, that would be sooo great
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    We had a new Spider-Man movie and no SA vol. 3 came up. Plus Breevort saying vol. 3's don't sell/are a hard sell, etc... and we've never seen an official volume 3 except for Tomb of Dracula (Brubaker's omnibuses aren't volume numbered, so they sort of "don't count").

I'm thinking vol 2's are the most you're going to get for the most part now, in omnibuses. For me, like some others, I'm moving towards masterworks for the SA/Bronze age material.
    Highly unlikely (in my opinion) we'll see a FF vol. 3 omnibus, or IM vol. 3 omnibus in the future, or Cap vol. 2 even. I think they're looking to other material for future omnibuses of those characters now that the initial issues have been omnibused.

Dr. Strange? His 1st 3 MMW's are prime for an omnibus when the movie gets here. Same with Nick Fury's 3 MMW, if they ever decide to omnibus that due to TV show. They could put the 1st 3 MMWs of the Defenders when the Netflix show hits, although the teams are totally different. You just never know, but personally I get the feeling the vol. 2 and 3+ of silver age material are over.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Black Widow
    Elektra
    Moon Knight (although Ellis & Shalvey leaving after #6 may not be enough for an OHC)
    Phil Noto's art in Black Widow is quite something. Seeing that in OHC would be nice.

Elektra and Moon Knight are pretty interesting. For those wondering why Ellis is leaving Moon Knight, this is what he wrote in his e-mail newsletter(via CBR):

Issue 1 went to three printings, and 2 and 3 went to two printings, and so I consider that a job reasonably well done”. “The job has been, simply, reactivating Moon Knight as a productive property for the Marvel IP library. And, in personal terms, producing six single stories that held together, because I thought it would be amusing to provide a book that could be entered at any point and still give the reader a complete experience. Which goes against the grain a bit, because the modern commercial-comics reader has been very much entrained to expect long arcs rather than singles. I’m sure there are plenty of complaints out there about the lack of character arcs or long stories. But the book is still getting bought and reordered. So I guess we found an audience after all.

Brian Wood is taking over which should hopefully turn out quite well as his Star Wars is pretty good (hope that makes it to OHC also).
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 06-10-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Hickmans Avengers/New Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    That would be great having all of Infinty in OHC, and it's definitely a possibility what with Hickman's star status.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    He looked like a Mafia Don on stage, with the suit/waistcoat even though I love Powers it was probably the worst part of the presentation. No information or trailer, except they're making it. Sony did kick some butt with their conference, so many games that rocked.
    I'd never seen him and when he came on stage I was like "holy **** it's the Kingpin!!!"
    The whole presentation wasn't that compelling but it was still cool to have him on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    We had a new Spider-Man movie and no SA vol. 3 came up. Plus Breevort saying vol. 3's don't sell/are a hard sell, etc... and we've never seen an official volume 3 except for Tomb of Dracula (Brubaker's omnibuses aren't volume numbered, so they sort of "don't count").

I'm thinking vol 2's are the most you're going to get for the most part now, in omnibuses. For me, like some others, I'm moving towards masterworks for the SA/Bronze age material.
    Highly unlikely (in my opinion) we'll see a FF vol. 3 omnibus, or IM vol. 3 omnibus in the future, or Cap vol. 2 even. I think they're looking to other material for future omnibuses of those characters now that the initial issues have been omnibused.

Dr. Strange? His 1st 3 MMW's are prime for an omnibus when the movie gets here. Same with Nick Fury's 3 MMW, if they ever decide to omnibus that due to TV show. They could put the 1st 3 MMWs of the Defenders when the Netflix show hits, although the teams are totally different. You just never know, but personally I get the feeling the vol. 2 and 3+ of silver age material are over.
    While that's very possible I think if there's one character that could justify/push for a vol 3 it's spiderman.
    X-men would justify it also since a vol 3 should bridge the gap between 2 and Mutant Massacre. Spidey is a bit trickier because you need vol 3 - 4 at least. But the MMW are made so the repro is done and like I said.. it's Spiderman.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

We had a new Spider-Man movie and no SA vol. 3 came up. Plus Breevort saying vol. 3's don't sell/are a hard sell, etc...
    Except one rule: Spider-Man always sells. That would be a compelling 3 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I'll definitely pick up a Black Widow OHC.

Hopefully this isn't the case. I'd like to see them continue both ASM and FF a little more in the Omni format.

Phil Noto's art in Black Widow is quite something. Seeing that in OHC would be nice.

Elektra and Moon Knight are pretty interesting. For those wondering why Ellis is leaving Moon Knight, this is what he wrote in his e-mail newsletter(via CBR):

Issue 1 went to three printings, and 2 and 3 went to two printings, and so I consider that a job reasonably well done”. “The job has been, simply, reactivating Moon Knight as a productive property for the Marvel IP library. And, in personal terms, producing six single stories that held together, because I thought it would be amusing to provide a book that could be entered at any point and still give the reader a complete experience. Which goes against the grain a bit, because the modern commercial-comics reader has been very much entrained to expect long arcs rather than singles. I’m sure there are plenty of complaints out there about the lack of character arcs or long stories. But the book is still getting bought and reordered. So I guess we found an audience after all.

Brian Wood is taking over which should hopefully turn out quite well as his Star Wars is pretty good (hope that makes it to OHC also).
    Ellis is wrong if he thinks being on a title for 6 months and having multiple printings makes it a productive property for Marvel. Sure it got some good attention but sales will drop immediately after his departure. Hell, since I have no interest in Brian Wood taking over, I'm not even bothering with issue #6 at this point (I have thru #5 pre-ordered at DCBS) as I might as well save myself a couple bucks and pick it up for a buck or two somewhere down the road. All my excitement for this title left with Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    I'll definitely pick up a Black Widow OHC.

Hopefully this isn't the case. I'd like to see them continue both ASM and FF a little more in the Omni format.

Ellis is wrong if he thinks being on a title for 6 months and having multiple printings makes it a productive property for Marvel. Sure it got some good attention but sales will drop immediately after his departure. Hell, since I have no interest in Brian Wood taking over, I'm not even bothering with issue #6 at this point (I have thru #5 pre-ordered at DCBS) as I might as well save myself a couple bucks and pick it up for a buck or two somewhere down the road. All my excitement for this title left with Ellis.
    I really like Wood's independent works like the Massive, Dmz and Local but have not been inpressed with his Marvel work yet. I'll stick around to see how it will go though