Page 136 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 36861261321331341351361371381391401461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    Is Oz any good? I've seen an omnibus listed on Amazon.
    Many thanks.
    I've got the OHC's which seems to be a good way to go if you're concerned about young kids handling them, and it's also a cheaper way to sample them. I think Skottie Young is a great artist, but it is cartoony, and Eric Shanower has done very good work adapting other sources and he's an OZ aficionado so they're true to the originals.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    When reading "SHIELD by Jim Steranko: The Complete Collection," did it matter that Marvel left out Strange Tales #150 at the start (since Steranko had nothing to do with it) even though according to a wiki I read it appears to set the stage for Strange Tales #151 (and it was included in the previous Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. by Jim Steranko TPB)?
    There is a "Previously..." recap page

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    When reading "SHIELD by Jim Steranko: The Complete Collection," did it matter that Marvel left out Strange Tales #150 at the start (since Steranko had nothing to do with it) even though according to a wiki I read it appears to set the stage for Strange Tales #151 (and it was included in the previous Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. by Jim Steranko TPB)?
    There is indeed a small feeling that the plot has already started (specially with Laura Brown) but still the recaps cover that pretty well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ptitjaune View Post
    There is a "Previously..." recap page
    Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    There is indeed a small feeling that the plot has already started (specially with Laura Brown) but still the recaps cover that pretty well.
    Great, thanks.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I will never give up the dream of an Avengers West Coast v3
    *fistbump*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Talking of the Masterworks series, this past week I ended up purchasing the below:

MMW Daredevil HC Vol. 8
    MMW Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol. 16

Once the above arrive at my UK address, I’ll have the complete MMW Daredevil HC run. It’s starting to look very unlikely that they will release a SA Daredevil Omnibus, although if they do I will probably end up double dipping and purchasing it.

I’m still holding my breath for an ASM Omnibus Vol.3. Calling it Lee/Romita Omnibus as suggested by krisis isn't a bad idea. I have MMW Amazing Spider-man HC Volumes 11-13 which I believe would follow directly after an ASM Omnibus Vol. 3. Unfortunately, I missed the boat with regards to MMW ASM Volumes 14-15 and I’m now on the lookout for good deals.

Yeah, but it seems more likely that they will release an Epic instead, which is better than nothing but it would just look awkward on the shelf next to the 2 omnibuses.
    But if they release vol 3 (fingers crossed) I hope it will be in the same price range as the previous 2 and not overpriced (because if you have vol1and 2 you will buy vol3, no matter the price...)

BANNED

Agreed. Although it would be pretty weird for it to be the first volume 3 in years instead of more popular properties.

This whole v3 argument is just so silly. I mean wtf, what fxxking basis do they have for this statistical analysis? Tomb of Dracula v3 plus the terrible terrible selling Brubaker Cap v3? Fxxking genius analysis here.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

After around 10 long weeks and multiple failed attempts My Secret Warriors omni should arrive this week. It better be good because its caused me a lot of grief! Also, I am absolutely certain Amazon UK was out, now that I purchased it for like 77 quid Amazon has 'em back in.

Also ordered Remenders Punisher last night so if all goes well should be a good week for me on the omnibus front.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    omnibus = 2x (or more) as expensive cover price-wise, 3x (or more) expensive on the production/distribution for Marvel side.
    Lol. Bullwinkle used to announce, "Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat" before he pulled some random nonsense out---it made it more funny that way. Anyway, I don't believe 3x as many pages equals 3x the production/distribution cost for an omnibus versus a masterwork.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It’s starting to look very unlikely that they will release a SA Daredevil Omnibus, although if they do I will probably end up double dipping and purchasing it.
    I'm still holding out hope for a SA Daredevil omnibus - maybe around the time of the Netflix series? Although it's by no means a sure thing. I'm tempted to pick up the first Masterworks in the meantime.

As for a third ASM omnibus, I feel pretty sure it'll happen. It's just a question of when.

Quote Originally Posted by jelybely8 View Post
    There is some overlap between the two lines in terms of content and price, but their purposes are not the same. Masterworks were laid out from the beginning as a chronological, continuous format designed to collect the major Marvel titles. Although the omnibus line also has some continuous releases (hence the commentary on volume 3's), the bulk of the line has been comprised of one-off or short runs that can be collected in a two or fewer books.

Further, Masterworks have been around (in various forms) for close to 25 years - their long continuous runs are a hallmark of the line, not a aberration. I think to suggest that because Marvel has had success selling volume 3's of Masterworks that they would hence have success selling volume 3's of omnibus is a disingenuous comparison at best. We can be upset about Marvel's reluctance to release volume 3 of title X in omnibus format, but let's not make up fantastical reasoning to support it.
    I don't necessarily disagree with your logic about why MMWs continue to sell, but not sure how you can defend the comment regarding a volume 3 omnibus when there are no examples - and I said this earlier (and I certainly hope you're not finding this a "fantastical reasoning") - other than Tomb of Dracula and Brubaker's Captain America, which is getting a fourth volume.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    After around 10 long weeks and multiple failed attempts My Secret Warriors omni should arrive this week. It better be good because its caused me a lot of grief! Also, I am absolutely certain Amazon UK was out, now that I purchased it for like 77 quid Amazon has 'em back in.

Also ordered Remenders Punisher last night so if all goes well should be a good week for me on the omnibus front.
    Jeez £77!, I can't imagine I'd pay that for any Omnibus.

I bought mine six month ago for £23 just for the sake of it, I don't imagine I'll ever read it as it's not my kind of thing. I'll try and sell the thing at some point if that's what they are selling for.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with your logic about why MMWs continue to sell, but not sure how you can defend the comment regarding a volume 3 omnibus when there are no examples - and I said this earlier (and I certainly hope you're not finding this a "fantastical reasoning") - other than Tomb of Dracula and Brubaker's Captain America, which is getting a fourth volume.
    Oh, I agree that Marvel's explanation for the lack of volume 3's is not very substantial. I just don't think comparing the omnibus line to the Masterworks line yields anything meaningful since the two lines diverge so much in terms of long-term intent, release schedule, and content.