Page 139 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 39891291351361371381391401411421431491892396391139 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 17378
    Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

I really would like to see the following omni:

1) Amazing Spider-Man by Michelinie and Larsen (including Larsen's "adjectiveless" Spider-Man run - or, maybe an omnibus of McFarlane's and Larsen's "adjectiveless" SM run)
    2) DeMatteis and Buscema's SSM (maybe with Kraven's Last Hunt thrown in)
    3) Thunderbolts by Busiek and Bagley
    4) Avengers by Kurt Busiek
    5) Invicible Iron Man by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca

Honorable mentions:
    - Punisher MAX by Garth Ennis (I own the OHCs, but would gladly double dip this one)
    - DeFalco/Frenz ASM (with the recent Epic, this one looks very unlikely)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

In no particular order. I'll think up more later.

1. Dan Slott's Spider-Man run(They can start with brand new day and select issues important to the storyline/they should start releasing them this year because I see Dan finishing his run in the next 3-4 years.)
    2. Avengers 1-23 And New Avengers 1-12 and Infinity 1-6 all collected in one omnibus

Thunderbolts would be great

Whats wrong with the Punisher ohc's?

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    Agreed. Come on now, we've done quick lists for a while and then it leads into something else.

I'd like Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova since we now have Annihilation. Might as well throw in Annihilation Conquest.
    I haven't read a lot of that stuff. I have a wide gap between Annihilation and War of Kings. How much material would you say in in there? Three Omnis?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Thunderbolts would be great
    I always forget about the thunderbolts, but I would pick up omnibus of any of the teams, including the current title which finally seems to be hitting it's stride.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I haven't read a lot of that stuff. I have a wide gap between Annihilation and War of Kings. How much material would you say in in there? Three Omnis?
    I think 3 sounds right. A Kings-Thanos Imperative omnibus would be great too. If we had all these, plus Infinity Gauntlet, we'd have the best cosmic stories ever.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Was browsing amazon and noticed a Young Avengers omnibus is coming: http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Kiero...7X5JFJAS811EAP

Did we already know about this?

BANNED

Three would probably do it: Annihilation Conquest Omnibus, Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett and Lanning Omnibus, and Nova Omnibus. The first two I can see happening, but the way Marvel hates actively on Richard Rider (original Nova) lately, Im just not seeing him get an omni even though the Nova run sorely deserves it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Was browsing amazon and noticed a Young Avengers omnibus is coming: http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Kiero...7X5JFJAS811EAP

Did we already know about this?
    Yeah, it was announced a few weeks back. Most people, myself included, are extremely disappointed in it. I mean, look at the length. We have OHCs that are twice the size. Fake omnibus :P

I always forget about the thunderbolts, but I would pick up omnibus of any of the teams, including the current title which finally seems to be hitting it's stride.
    I've been waiting for them to release the new Thunderbolts as an OHC but I'm afraid between it not selling very well and there being a new creative team every arc that the chances of it happening are slim to none.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey NZ_InFerno, we really appreciate you keeping an eye on things and I hope you don't mind me asking but does that mean we can't have a little fun on this thread re: our top dream Marvel Omnibuses? This is something of a tradition for this thread. I wrote an extensive wishlist on the Wishlist Thread some time back but it's just cool to see what everyone is hoping for here on this Marvel thread. The other thread which Victor started is a great idea and covers all publishers whereas this one is solely Marvel. It would be a shame to be restricted on an issue like this.

What do you think?
    I agree with this, the thread wasn't created to limit others
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

I think wishlists are a dumb "tradition" and belong in the Wishlists thread. The whole reason we have a board is so we can spread the conversation out.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Whats wrong with the Punisher ohc's?
    Nothing, I just like the omnibus line better.

We campaigned for years to have a forum that covered collected editions, after the first Marvel Omnibus thread blew past 500 posts in next to no time, and continued doing so several times, because there was literally no where else to post. So shipping stuff was posted in there, collection pics, wishlists, bitching about amazon, complaining how fast the thread moved, if it had anything to do with collected it was in there. You had to roll past pages of posts many times before there was some on topic discussion.

Now there is a forum to post threads in, there is no need to have absolutely everything in one thread. Sure it takes a while to get used to, I only looked in the three threads for years because that's all that existed for collected editions. Now that there is a forum there can and is a thread for #shelfies, a thread for wishlists, review threads, there will probably be a thread for shipping in the near future. That stuff doesn't need to be in this thread.

It is a change and something different, especially when you are used to posting everything in one thread, but everyone is here because they love comics and collected editions. Just imagine the forum is one big thread, and you will be fine.

If you wish to post about any of the above comic topics in this thread, that's fine. Just put some thought/content into it. If you think maybe it's better off in its own thread then also feel free to post it there.

PM me if you want to discuss this rather than replying here.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Well these are 3 Omnibuses I would like to see and why:

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Lee/Romita) Vol. 3 - I'm a completist and would love to add this to the other Volumes as well as the fact that there are some great stories here. I've started to collect the MMW HCs for the remaining issues as I probably won't live to see the day that Vol. 4 gets published.
    2. Captain Britain & MI13/Revolutionary War - I'm a big fan of Captain Britain and I don't think any of his post 80s stuff has made it to OHC. It would be great to put these "Marvel UK" comics together into one OHC plus maybe the Knights of Pendragon also.
    3. Daredevil by Ann Nocenti - Daredevil is my favourite and just to be able to get an Onmibus of any of his runs would be great (this run is a pretty good one).

PLUS 3 major event Omnibuses:

1. House of M - I missed out on the OHC. It would be great to have all of the tie-ins with the main event together.
    2. Fear Itself - I don't have the PHC or TPB. I've heard the major event is pretty weak but Fearless and some of the others are great such as JIM.
    3. Civil War - I have the OHC and quite enjoyed it. Of course on the lookout for the hard-to-get Spider-Man OHC. Therefore, it would be cool just to put these together all in one.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 06-14-2014 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    In no particular order. I'll think up more later.

1. Dan Slott's Spider-Man run(They can start with brand new day and select issues important to the storyline/they should start releasing them this year because I see Dan finishing his run in the next 3-4 years.)
    2. Avengers 1-23 And New Avengers 1-12 and Infinity 1-6 all collected in one omnibus
    I think the Superior Spider-Man stuff is going Omni without a doubt.