Page 140 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 40901301361371381391401411421431441501902406401140 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 17378
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    In no particular order. I'll think up more later.

1. Dan Slott's Spider-Man run(They can start with brand new day and select issues important to the storyline/they should start releasing them this year because I see Dan finishing his run in the next 3-4 years.)
    2. Avengers 1-23 And New Avengers 1-12 and Infinity 1-6 all collected in one omnibus
    I'm definitely looking forward to some Dan Slott Spider-Man Omnibuses

I kind of doubt there will be an Infinity Omnibus what with already an Infinity OHC and Infinty Companion OHC. Much more likely they'll come out with an Infinity Prelude OHC as suggested by krisis a few pages back.

In no particular order. I'll think up more later.

1. Dan Slott's Spider-Man run(They can start with brand new day and select issues important to the storyline/they should start releasing them this year because I see Dan finishing his run in the next 3-4 years.)
    2. Avengers 1-23 And New Avengers 1-12 and Infinity 1-6 all collected in one omnibus
    How did I forget Slott's Spider-man. That might jump up to number 1 place for me. I would love a set of OHCs or an omnibus collecting his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I haven't read a lot of that stuff. I have a wide gap between Annihilation and War of Kings. How much material would you say in in there? Three Omnis?
    War of kings plus Realm of Kings with some of the surrounding issues like Kingbreaker would be an omnibus of around 30-35 issues. Guardians of the Galaxy plus Thanos Imperative would be number two. Conquest would be three. And I would add a Nova omnibus. He touches each crossover at least a little bit and definitely plays heavily into Thanos Imperative.

I have all of the events in OHC already so I just need to see GotG and Nova in an omnibus but I don't see that happening. Now was the time and it didn't materialize. I guess we can see if something pops up around the time of the GotG DVD release.

1. House of M - I missed out on the OHC. It would be great to have all of the tie-ins with the main event together.
    2. Fear Itself - I don't have the PHC or TPB. I've heard the major event is pretty weak but Fearless and some of the others are great such as JIM.
    3. Civil War - I have the OHC and quite enjoyed it. Of course on the lookout for the hard-to-get Spider-Man OHC. Therefore, it would be cool just to put these together all in one.
    I would like 2 out of 3 of those. The House of M OHC has the main event and everything you need. The tie-in issues don't have anything to do with the event and for the most part I didn't think they were very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I would like 2 out of 3 of those. The House of M OHC has the main event and everything you need. The tie-in issues don't have anything to do with the event and for the most part I didn't think they were very good.
    True, they were mostly side stores about that universe. Things like Civil War (and Secret Invasion somewhat) really need those tie-ins for a full story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Nothing, I just like the omnibus line better.
    but it's literally the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Speaking of discussion, does anyone have some impressions to share of the Iron Fist MMW volumes 1 and 2?
    I've not read older stuff (just a bit of Heroes for Hire, but I like the Immortal series and the Living Weapon series (so far)
    No impressions yet but I do have volume 1 en route. I plan to purchase volume 2 soon as well. I'm mainly grabbing them for the Claremont/Byrne creative team and UXM ties (1st Sabretooth appearance in Vol. 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Actually, literally speaking it's not. I personally prefer the size of the OHCs but some people are willing to trade up for a sewn binding or the appeal of having it all in one place. Sewn OHC is the perfect format for me but they rarely come sewn.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I found the Deadpool Max OHC with issues 1-19 in it for $10. Couldn't pass it up for that price, but I've never read it. I'm waiting for it to be shipped to me now, but thought I'd ask here if the series is any good?

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    No it's not. There are seven OHCs, there would only be two omnibuses.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    No it's not. There are seven OHCs, there would only be two omnibuses.
    I think that he meant that a big OHC and a small omnibus are the same.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    2) I think I have mentioned it before, and the comic has had numerous mentions/requests but the Ultimate Collection of Journey into Mystery (Gillen) is actually really well done. I wish it were an Omnibus but even so its a nicely put together book and the content is outstanding. Paper is nice too.
    I noticed JiM Complete is listed on IST as Vol. 1, will there be a volume 2?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I noticed JiM Complete is listed on IST as Vol. 1, will there be a volume 2?

Thanks.
    Yes, it was in the Hatchette catalogue. I think that would collect the rest of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I found the Deadpool Max OHC with issues 1-19 in it for $10. Couldn't pass it up for that price, but I've never read it. I'm waiting for it to be shipped to me now, but thought I'd ask here if the series is any good?
    I wasn't a fan. Others like it. It was too surreal, even for Deadpool. Also, he's actually a supporting character in his own series, which I wasn't prepared for. I liked Kyle Baker's art, so that was a plus. Still, at that price, it was definitely worth buying to find out for yourself how you feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I think that he meant that a big OHC and a small omnibus are the same.
    The Devil Dinosaur omnibus certainly is. Surprised they even labeled it an omnibus.
    This past week, I read the 5 volumes of 100 Bullets, which each collect about 20 issues and then followed it up with Aaron's Punisher omnibus, which is pretty much the same size. I don't want to get into a huge discussion about paper and cost, but to call those two the same thing? Not even close. It just pisses me off that DC can charge half of what Marvel charged for the 100 Bullets and put out a better product at least compared to the Punisher omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I wasn't a fan. Others like it. It was too surreal, even for Deadpool. Also, he's actually a supporting character in his own series, which I wasn't prepared for. I liked Kyle Baker's art, so that was a plus. Still, at that price, it was definitely worth buying to find out for yourself how you feel about it.
    I agree that was a good price, but really didn't like it much. Definitely not a fan of baker's art. I don't know much about Deadpool but generally check out the MAX offerings, but I just couldn't get into the series and was glad when I it was done.