Page 145 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 45951351411421431441451461471481491551952456451145 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 17378
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    What was the first Omni all of you got, and while we're at it what was the last?
    First: Simonson's Thor

Last: Stern's Spider-Man

Next: Infinity Gauntlet

Followed by a long dry spell unless something unexpected pops up...
    Last edited by SJNeal; 06-16-2014 at 05:18 PM.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hey NZ, did Omnibus post it in the thread or just straight up update the first post?
    don't get me wrong I totally appreciate that you're on top of things but I feel if he posted it in the thread conversation first you shouldn't have moved it, just copied it.
    I get that you're trying to keep the thread more focused but personally I check the forum (well this thread mostly) almost daily and I only check the posts that appeared since my last checkup and so you moving the post, if you did so, makes it so that I would miss Omnibus' post (I'm willing to guess I'm not the only one who does that).

Anywho I don't mean to harp but what do you think?
    Hi Drakul. I actually updated the list I maintain on page 4 of this thread and asked NZ to copy it to the first page for all to see. He then posted the message that it was updated if anyone was interested to go there.

I think it works better on page one with all the other great info in the first few posts. When the list is updated either NZ or myself will post a message.

Does that work for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    First: Simonson's Thor

Last: Stern's Spider-Man
    First: Brubaker's Captain America from Pulp Fiction in Long Beach, CA.

Last: Annihilation at IST.

Next: Infinity Gauntlet at IST.
    Last edited by GenericUserName12; 06-16-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Speaking of.
    What was the first Omni all of you got, and while we're at it what was the last?

My first was Astonishing X-Men bought at Jim Hanley's in NYC.
    My last was Annihilation at IST.
    First: Is a 15 way tie thanks to the Amazon & B&N glitch in 2010 all for a grand total of $145.76

Last: Annihilation from IST.

Next: Infinity Gauntlet (oh yeah!!!)

First omnibus I bought was the proto-Omnibus, the Ultimate Spider-man Barnes & Nobles Collection. First "real" omnibus was Brubaker Captain America vol. 1. Last omnibus was UXM2 or Stern Spidey...forget which came out last

First was Age of Apocalypse as a Christmas gift.
    Last was Spider-Man By Stern.
    Next will be either Infinity Gauntlet or Cable and Deadpool.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

1st: Wolverine - Amazon
    Last: UXM v2 - IST
    Next: Infinity Gauntlet - IST

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

My first Omni was the hefty Wolverine. At the time I was still building my collection and doing serious $/issue analysis on every purchase - which meant I was generally avoiding hardcovers, and had never once bought an OHC! When I planned my Wolverine acquisition I tried to slice up the stories in that book every which way, but at the time the omni was in print and produced the cheapest route. I got the book and fell totally in love with the oversized art, and then I was hooked Afterwards, I started snapping up the OHCs and Omnis of UXM.

My last Omni was Uncanny X-Force, which I haven't even broken out of the plastic yet. I've read the series several times over, so that's going to stay on the shelf a little while before I get to it. (Or... hmm, did AOA Companion come after UXF? In that case, that was my last one.)

My next one is likely also Infinity Gauntlet, as I'm not even idly hunting down any older ones anymore. All forward progress from here!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

My first omnibus was FF Vol 1 by Byrne. I'd been reading this thread for a while and actually the first time I'd ever gone in here was the day of that Glitch omnibus is talking about. What a frenzy!
    About a week or two later I ordered X-Statix and that really sold me on the format.
    The first OHC I bought was I think the first Squadran Supreme Max release.

Most recent purchase is Wolverine & The X-Men. Haven't received it yet though.

Incredible Member

First Omni was the Marvel Zomnibus, which I enjoyed thoroughly, having never read any of the material, as with all of my purchases.

Last Omni was.. Ultimate Spider-Man Death of Spider-Man and something else I can't remember atm.

Next Omni, technically Infinity Gauntlet, but Big Damn Sin City is coming before that!

First Omnibus (tie)- Uncanny X-Men Volume 1 + The X-Men Volume 1 at SDCC2009

Last Omnibus- Uncanny X-Men Volume 2 from IST

Next- Nothing on the horizon that I am interested in

First was the original Uncanny X-Men Volume 1 release

Last was a tie between Punisher Max by Aaron and Wolverine and the X-Men by Aaron.

Next will be the Iron Man Michelinie omnibus that I have on order. Next new release will be Infinity Gauntlet.

Amazing Member

My first omnibus was Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1 in April 2013.
    My last omnibus was Ghost Rider.
    My next omnibus will be Uncanny X-Force (which will be my 47th omnibus).

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    My first omnibus was Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1 in April 2013.
    My last omnibus was Ghost Rider.
    My next omnibus will be Uncanny X-Force (which will be my 47th omnibus).
    Wow, you've been BUSY, son!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Interested tidbit from Marvel freelancer Jeph York on the MMW board re: the Invaders Complete Collections he's working on:

The page count is fixed -- and at 512 pages, it's pretty much at maximum capacity anyway.
    I assume that's not only the max capacity for a "Complete," but for Marvel color TPBs in general - which is a good hint for just how big the Epics can go.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!