Page 146 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 46961361421431441451461471481491501561962466461146 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 17378
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Speaking of.
    What was the first Omni all of you got, and while we're at it what was the last?

My first was Astonishing X-Men bought at Jim Hanley's in NYC.
    My last was Annihilation at IST.
    First: New X-Men reprint.
    Last: Miller Daredevil reprint.
    Next. Possibly the John's Green Lantern Omni, depending if they improve the content.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Interested tidbit from Marvel freelancer Jeph York on the MMW board re: the Invaders Complete Collections he's working on:
    I assume that's not only the max capacity for a "Complete," but for Marvel color TPBs in general - which is a good hint for just how big the Epics can go.
    Iron Man, Vol. 1 is 520 pages and Wolverine: Return of Weapon X (not technically an epic or a complete, but might as well be) was 544 pages. Jeph had previously said he doesn't like to go past 512, though he didn't say why. So obviously they can make exceptions if they have to, but 512 is definitely a soft cap.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My first Omnibus was Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 which I won on a Polish auction website for around $65 a few years back. I was the only one bidding and it was the time when it was going at ludicrous prices elsewhere due to it being OOP. I wasn’t initially interested in purchasing it but it intrigued me that it was so expensive elsewhere and I thought why not see if I can win it and if so I’ll keep it as an investment. Once I received it, picked it up and eventually read it, I was so impressed that I decided it wasn’t going anywhere. Even more so, now that the reprint has the thinner paper. That first sewn thick papered Omnibus started my addiction to the OHC Marvel format.

My last Omnibus was Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 from books_any on the amazon.co.uk marketplace. I initially had it on preorder on amazon.com, but cancelled it banking on the chance that it would appear at a cheaper price on the amazon.co.uk marketplace, which it did.

My next Omnibus is most probably Annihilation which I'm gearing up to purchase any day now or Infinity Gauntlet (currently on amazon.com preorder).

Speaking of.
    What was the first Omni all of you got, and while we're at it what was the last?
    My first was the Flash omnibus volume 2, but my first Marvel one was Secret Warriors a year later.
    My last was Planetary I think. My last Marvel was WCA vol2 (technically the Macfarlane Spidey, but I sold that before I finished it).
    Currently I'm on a hiatus but my next will be Doom Patrol, outside of that, I'm not sure, I'm really eager to get UXF and Annihilation.

First: Simonson Thor (for like $36 back when Barnes & Noble had 50% off coupons which you could use in-store for their online preorder prices)
    Latest: Planetary (Latest Marvel: Miller's Daredevil. Though it was shipped to my parents back in the States, so won't be reading it any time soon.)

Biggest regret: Captain Britain. I just waited too long. Knew/know that I would love it. Meh.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

The first Omnibus I got my hands on was Miller's Wolverine. It was kind of an impulse buy because it was on sale and I had vouchers. Think I spent a tenner on it. I did technically purchase Annihilation first but that was o. Preorder so I had to wait a while.

I had Remender's Punisher arrive a couple of days ago but I am expecting Secret Warriors aaaaany day now (fingers crossed).

Speaking of.
    First was Age Of Apocalypse, during a 50% off sale at my LCS. Followed immediately by Astonishing X-Men and the other X-Men OHCs. I think my first blind buy was Remender Punisher and/or Secret Warriors during the next sale, right after they came out.

Last was Wolverine And The X-Men and Aaron Punisher, both on the way from IST.

Next is probably Infinity Gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    My first omnibus was Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1 in April 2013.
    My last omnibus was Ghost Rider.
    My next omnibus will be Uncanny X-Force (which will be my 47th omnibus).
    Reminds me of me. Probably had a 5x5 Expedit's worth of books within the first year. Catching the oversized bug at a time when income had hit a peak was a perfect storm.

Hey NZ, did Omnibus post it in the thread or just straight up update the first post?
    don't get me wrong I totally appreciate that you're on top of things but I feel if he posted it in the thread conversation first you shouldn't have moved it, just copied it.
    I get that you're trying to keep the thread more focused but personally I check the forum (well this thread mostly) almost daily and I only check the posts that appeared since my last checkup and so you moving the post, if you did so, makes it so that I would miss Omnibus' post (I'm willing to guess I'm not the only one who does that).

Anywho I don't mean to harp but what do you think?.
    Hey Drakul, if you want to ask me a question it's better to pm me. Omnibus just updates a post on the fourth page and I copy it over to the first page.

I like that you think I'm secretly removing Omnibus's posts though, because I am

Don't tell him though.

First Omnibus I got was The Ultimates and Immortal Iron Fist. Both off amazon marketplace and had crazy discounts. Still got them both.

Last Omnibus is Uncanny X-Force, which is one of the few Xmen books I own.

My First Omnibus was "Simonson Thor". In fact it was my first English comic book to buy. Bought it after a lot thought as it was around $100 in India. After reading this book, I was quickly pulled in into this Omnibus Collection and currently I have about 20 omnibuses.
    Last one was UnCanny X-men Part 1 and have order UnCanny X-Force, but yet to receive it.

First omnibus I recall was X-Statix.
    Last was the Aaron Max Punisher and Annihilation (same order)
    Upcoming is Infinity Gauntlet, although - as someone else mentioned - Big Damn Sin City will come before that (along with Powers V 6, although I guess that isn't an omnibus).

First was FFv1 by Lee/Kirby, 1st printing way back in 2005.
    Last was the Spidey by Stern Omni, which is awesome by the way.
    Next might be Infinity Gauntlet. Still on the fence about that one.

By the way, there are several "near OOP" volumes going for crazy cheap prices right now. You can grab AoV Crossovers for ~$25 shipped with a little digging on eBay and amazon marketplace. Likewise I've seen copies of the Ultimate Avengers by Millar for <$20. Also Evolutionary War & Atlantis Attacks around the same $20-25 levels. Cap by Kirby is still cheap (<$40) via marketplace sellers on amazon as well. I've recently grabbed a few of those at rock bottom prices just to re-plug holes in my collection. I'd had them all at one point but sold them off. Now they're so cheap, why not add them back in? Ah, collector OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    Iron Man, Vol. 1 is 520 pages and Wolverine: Return of Weapon X (not technically an epic or a complete, but might as well be) was 544 pages. Jeph had previously said he doesn't like to go past 512, though he didn't say why. So obviously they can make exceptions if they have to, but 512 is definitely a soft cap.
    It's a pretty safe bet the W:ROWX TPB will be re-branded as an Epic on down the line. It's essentially an EPIC in all but name, the same as the Spidey Clone Saga, Hulk Mantlo & Cap: The Captain TPs from the past 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Interested tidbit from Marvel freelancer Jeph York on the MMW board re: the Invaders Complete Collections he's working on: I assume that's not only the max capacity for a "Complete," but for Marvel color TPBs in general - which is a good hint for just how big the Epics can go.
    Seems like ~500 pages is about what the page count for the Essential volumes used to be in round #s. And the Epics are basically replacing the Essentials line but only in color.

First Omnibus: Wolverine Omnibus Volume 1 (it was this or Astonishing X-men can't quite remember)

Last Omnibus: Uncanny X-Men Volume 2

Upcoming Omnibuses: MARVEL-None solicited or shown on Amazon or Hatchette (currently boycotting the line because of paper and production quality); DC-Flash Omnibus Volume 1; Dark Horse- Big Damn Sin City

Biggest regret: X-Men OZT (while not an official omnibus, the art and stories of this giant-sized OHC were too awful to read past the first quarter of the book--90's in the worst way)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for May 2014 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond).

I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and est. sales (plus total reported est. sales).

4. X-Men No More Humans OGN HC - 6,701 (6,701)
    64. Immortal Iron Fist Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 1,367 (1,367)
    67. Annihilation Omnibus HC - 1,363 (1,363)
    72. Iron Man Fatal Frontier HC - 1,229 (1,229)
    79. Marvel Masterworks Daredevil HC Vol. 8 - 1,164 (1,164)
    81. Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection Ghosts of Past - 1,152 (1,152)
    83. Devil Dinosaur By Jack Kirby Complete Collection - 1,126 (1,126)
    85. Cataclysm Ultimates Last Stand HC - 1,112 (1,112)
    90. She-Hulk By Slott Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 1,084 (1,084)
    98. Captain America Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection - 1,039 ( 7,424)
    133. X-Factor By Peter David Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 819 (819)
    134. Revolutionary War TPB - 818 (818)
    150. Hulk By Jeph Loeb Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 712 (712)
    160. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 686 (6,747)
    202. Marvel Firsts Vol. 2: 1980s TPB - 556 (556)
    300. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 384 (3,144)

Some observations:
    Once again, what now seems to be the “regular” Marvel OGN sold very well, this time it was the turn of the X-Men with No More Humans.
    Annihilation Omnibus, even with a $125 price tag shifted well over a 1000 units.
    The Ultimate and Complete Collections continue to sell extremely well.
    Only one Epic Collection this month, but ASM checked in a healthy 1000+ units.