Page 15 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonel View Post
    I've only recently been bitten by the Omnibus bug, and I have been gradually working through old forum postings. (They hold up surprisingly well.) I'm no fan of misogyny, but I think that purging the old forums was a huge mistake. These dead threads are/were part of our community's history, warts and all. In two weeks, all of that material will be lost forever. It's an incredibly short-sighted, reactionary move. I hope I won't be labeled a troll for expressing this sentiment.

Between this and Comixology, it has been a rough week for comics fans.
    While I'm in total agreement, and consigning years of history to the waste paper bin because of a few loud-mouths is an enormous overstep, the word you're looking for is "reactive" - reactionary actually relates to a strand of conservative political belief.

OT: I'm currently awaiting delivery of Stern's Spidy Omnibus (which was dispatched nearly 3 weeks ago by books-any - seriously, while they have low prices, don't expect your order in decent time if you're from the UK).

After that, I think my only other orders for a while are Infinity Gauntlet and Daredevil OHC Vol 3. Really excited for both of those.
    Last edited by GetEveryone; 05-02-2014 at 02:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Hey guys, good to be on our Marvel (Omnibus) Collected Editions Thread Reboot.
    Thanks Joshua, CrazyOldHermit, Global Honored, Omnibus and anyone else that got us going again.
    I think the "Collected" in the title works well and makes things clear from the word go.
    I'm only sorry that we've lost a wealth of information but I believe we'll be on track very soon if not already

Incredible Member

Since it's fairly recent here was my post of pics from the Infinity Companion since there were no others:

Infinity Companion pictures incoming! Just got it in from amazon.ca!

Front Cover:

Binding:

Back Cover:

Incredible Member

No Dustjacket:

Inside the Book, holds open from Page One!:

All in all, book seems a bit thicker then the normal Infinity OHC, looks like a sewn binding, and as you can see my pages weren't wavy when I received the book.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I've been wondering the same. Also, do the stories stand alone well as long as you are aware of the main story, or do you need to reference it a lot? I hate having two books checked out of my bookcase.
    For me I picked up the Infinity Companion Omnibus because a few issues of series I enjoy would ONLY be reprinted there (Avengers Assemble and Captain Marvel), and it also prevents me from double-dipping on the TPB of the Heist/Hunt mini-series. So far the only Infinity tie-ins I've read separately were Mighty Avengers (AMAZING) and Infinity (horrible, mostly due to the art).
    Last edited by krisis; 05-02-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    For me I picked up the Infinity Omnibus because a few issues of series I enjoy would ONLY be reprinted there (Avengers Assemble and Captain Marvel), and it also prevents me from double-dipping on the TPB of the Heist/Hunt mini-series. So far the only Infinity tie-ins I've read separately were Mighty Avengers (AMAZING) and Infinity (horrible, mostly due to the art).
    I would have said the Infinity Companion was the worst Companion book put out for an event, it's adds nothing to the main event and is really only of interest if you are following a certain series that is in it.

Krisis you should consider putting your guide into the new forum, if it's manageable.

Was at my local comic shop yesterday and they had some epics lined up. In person you could tell that it was because the different height of the books. I wanted to buy one but I don't want to pay full price when I can generally get them 50% online.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GetEveryone View Post
    OT: I'm currently awaiting delivery of Stern's Spidy Omnibus (which was dispatched nearly 3 weeks ago by books-any - seriously, while they have low prices, don't expect your order in decent time if you're from the UK).
    I tend to avoid using them because everything I buy from them takes forever to arrive, spending that long in the postal system is just increasing the chance of it taking knocks and dents so I'll only buy cheaper books from them now, not pricey Omnibus and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    I just ordered a copy of the Iron Fist Omnibus from Plumcircle on Amazon for...
    ...drumroll please....
    $45. Lets see of it arrives in decent condition.
    That's so awesome!! Congrats to you!

IF is one of two omnibuses that are OOP that I really want, and I've pretty much given up on both (the other being Thor SA vol. 1).
    I'm getting the complete collection of the IF run instead, and getting the 1st EPIC volume of Thor and that'll be 'good enough' unless I stumble across something like you did.

My best "find" in the past was I nabbed X-Men SA vol. 1 about 6 months ago for $50 off Ebay with free shipping, still in shrink. The seller had it all bungled up with title, pic, etc... I emailed him in advance before bidding as asked him 100% what book it was, he confirmed it was the book, and I snatched it up. While I don't envy folks who make mistakes, there's still a great feeling knowing when you snagged a great deal like that!

Quote Originally Posted by xthumper32x View Post
    Was at my local comic shop yesterday and they had some epics lined up. In person you could tell that it was because the different height of the books. I wanted to buy one but I don't want to pay full price when I can generally get them 50% online.
    That is the tale of the declining LCS right there. I pay a little extra to keep my LCS going, but not +50%.

I'm pretty jealous about that Iron Fist find as well. I am always on the lookout for that one, Captain Britain, and Silver Surfer. No luck below a hundred bucks for the last two. I eventually got the first two masterworks for Silver Surfer, which is a great replacement.

I kinda want that Infinity Companion for the thunderbolts and avengers stuff. But the rest doesn't interest me so I'm waiting for a deal.

I said my next hard cover is the wolverine and the xmen omnibus but I forgot about annihilation and x-men Adamantium collection. And I may pick up that x-men ogn if there is a sweet deal.

Though I'm more a reader than an active member, I'm glad the thread is back.
    This is a quick reply just to state I like the new thread policy, including all collected editions (Omnibus, Epics, OHC...).

And we get mobile forums at last! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That is the tale of the declining LCS right there. I pay a little extra to keep my LCS going, but not +50%.
    I don't mind getting my floppies there. Occasionally I will pick trades up there as well. But for those I don't feel like paying cover price. I can get two online for the price of one. So it's just a no brainer. I buy a bunch of other stuff there anyways.

As far as declining shops, I have quite a few in my area. More than I remember in quite some time.

Spectacular Member

Any of you guys have planet hulk or ww hulk in ohc? Was wondering if the bindings were glued or sewn. Also on a side note is the fall of the hulks reading order as hard to follow as some say?