Page 150 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 501001401461471481491501511521531541602002506501150 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 17378

That's a high price for a companion of material I only want half of. It's getting to the point where I'm pretty much only looking for discounts on discounts for most of the books I want. I'll gladly pay full price for Material that I think is worth it, but certainly not Original Sin Tie Ins.

I'll wait for a discount on the discounts.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Could this just be Marvel realizing that nobody is paying cover price anymore?
    I don't think so, since Marvel charges a certain percentage rate to the stores, chains, etc., so they should get their money. I think it's just greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Bravo Marvel....bravo.

I smell another clearance book.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't think so, since Marvel charges a certain percentage rate to the stores, chains, etc., so they should get their money. I think it's just greed.
    I think that the Disney ownership is starting to trickle down into the day-to-day operations. Disney has never been shy about gouging its fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Have there been any reviews/pictures on the Golden Age Captain America Omnibus? Is there any "bonus" material?
    One or two folks chimed in at one point regarding the GA Cap Omnibus when it got released. I recall them saying the overall quality was good (binding, paper,etc.). But I wouldn't mind a bit more info as well.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Well holy hell, the PunisherMAX omnibus showed up at my door. Preordered it last August, forgot to cancel it. Hope Amazon will take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    With the exception of Ghost Rider and WATXM all Jason Aaron books are overpriced. It's hard to believe $125 is becoming the new norm when there have only been half a dozen oddballs (book that are under 1000 pages going for $125).
    Maybe. I don't have all the omnibus solicits in front me for the second half of the year but it seems like we have 5 books around the 800 page mark going for $$125+ this year and if you want to just count way over-priced big books you can throw Punisher in there and get 6. 5 (not including the over-priced Punisher) out of the 13 upcoming omnibuses are at $125 and under 1,000 pages

That seems more than usual to me. Books like FF vol 2 and Annihilation would not have been $125 a year ago. I think we're going to see more and more books hitting the $125 mark.

Incredible Member

First omnibus: Captain Britain. Don't ask me why... I wasn't into omnibuses at the time and I already had the softcover TPBs and individual issues collecting most of the material in it. But for whatever reason I decided to buy it for $50 or 60 on eBay three or four years ago. Now that I am into omnibuses, of course, I'm grateful for my dumb luck. Now if only I'd done the same for Howard the Duck and Tomb of Dracula...

Most recent omnibus: X-Statix, I guess, since Uncanny X-Force hasn't arrived yet.

Next: Probably either Hickman's FF or Claremont/Lee X-Men volume 2. Trying to balance my "Boy, I'd really love to have that one" (Stern Spider-Man) with my "No, this other one has been out longer and will be out of print sooner, best get it now."

I haven't seen anyone talk about Inhumanity. Is it any good? And how's the OHC?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Amazing Member

Got the Wolverine Omnibus. It was expensive, but well worth it I think. Lots of classic Wolverine stories and was in very minty condition.

Also, I like everyday in terror that some omniboo I really want will skyrocket in price.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Well holy hell, the PunisherMAX omnibus showed up at my door. Preordered it last August, forgot to cancel it. Hope Amazon will take it back.
    Why wouldn't they? I'm pretty sure it's standard Amazon policy to take returns if you pay the return shipping.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yes, it is a strange and unfortunate thing that we are getting very high priced books for 800+ pages. The Original Sin OHC is $49.99, and suddenly we're getting a $125 price tag for the Companion! The Infinity Companion was "overpriced" also at $99.99 with only 688 pages. Either, there is pressure from the Disney people and/or just maybe Marvel is having to pay a lot lot more to writers and artists and other creators, possibly also based on how often their work is published i.e. single issue, TPB, PHC, OHC and so on. I don't know, just a thought.

Anyway, here's a pic or two of some of the Omnibuses and OHCs we are "looking forward" to.

This now looks to be the official cover by Marko Djurdjevic for the Trial of Captain America Omnibus:

X-Men Inferno Prologue OHC cover by Mark Silvestri (probably my favourite cover of the new batch):

Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 06-18-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Deadpool & Cable Omnibus cover:

and

Young Avengers Omnibus cover:

Quote Originally Posted by jelybely8 View Post
    I think that the Disney ownership is starting to trickle down into the day-to-day operations. Disney has never been shy about gouging its fans.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not unprecedented that Marvel raising their prices to see how far they can go. They don't need Disney for it. Didn't they do that around the early 2000's?