Page 156 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 17378
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Still kind doubtfull, since I've never read Michelinie's Iron man so don't know dated it is and I lost my Uncanny X-Force interest in the arc after Dark angel saga (which is one of my favorite comics ever though...) and don't know if I'll enjoy the half I haven't read (does it get better after the first arc after the Dark angel saga? )
    UXF is solid front to back, but it never bounces back nearly as high as it goes out on issue #18. After that, some of the stuff in the back half is a bit of a letdown, and Remender hits a few bum notes in the closing issues. It's very heavy on Psylocke development, so if you're a fan of the character you might enjoy it more.
    Last edited by krisis; 06-20-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Still kind doubtfull, since I've never read Michelinie's Iron man so don't know dated it is and I lost my Uncanny X-Force interest in the arc after Dark angel saga (which is one of my favorite comics ever though...) and don't know if I'll enjoy the half I haven't read (does it get better after the first arc after the Dark angel saga? )
    Otherworld is a very weird/boring arc, but "Final Execution" is pretty good (I wouldn't say as good as Dark Angel Saga, but good nevertheless).

Incredible Member

Superior Spider-man OHC volume 3... where art thou?

Currently working through the Michelinie Iron Man Omnibus (just finished up Demon in a Bottle); this may be my favorite old school Omnibus yet.

As much as I loved the Roger Stern Spider-Man book, Iron Man just seems to fit the Bronze Age ascetic better.

This weeks haul (plus the AoVOmni I ordered a while ago) Got the avengers stuff really cheap so I had to dive in.

Also, I'm moving and slowly but surely packing up all my stuff...It's gonna take a while...good news is I have new space and shelves for it all!

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Looks like somebody needs a couple more bookshelves.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Superior Spider-man OHC volume 3... where art thou?
    Would the 3rd OHC cap off the series, or would we still need one more?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Would the 3rd OHC cap off the series, or would we still need one more?
    They could do just one, or go two doing 17 up to 25, plus and annual. Then Goblin Nation 26-31, plus the two new issues coming out and then an annual.

Or they could drop OHCs altogether and do an Omnibus. Marvel has dropped hardcover series before, but I'm not sure if they ever dropped an OHC series.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    This weeks haul (plus the AoVOmni I ordered a while ago) Got the avengers stuff really cheap so I had to dive in.

Also, I'm moving and slowly but surely packing up all my stuff...It's gonna take a while...good news is I have new space and shelves for it all!
    Those are going to be some heavy boxes!!

Also any input on Inhumanity?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Incredible Member

They could do just one, or go two doing 17 up to 25, plus and annual. Then Goblin Nation 26-31, plus the two new issues coming out and then an annual.

Or they could drop OHCs altogether and do an Omnibus. Marvel has dropped hardcover series before, but I'm not sure if they ever dropped an OHC series.
    They dropped Nova in OHC and only did TPBs otherwise. They've essentially dropped Fraction's Iron Man as OHC by not releasing the last two or an Omnibus. Only the Brubaker portion of Immortal Iron Fist got the Omnibus/Oversized treatment. Brubaker Daredevil only came out in Omnibuses instead of OHC and Omnibuses like Bendis before him. Then oversized was dropped all together for Diggle and Shadowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Those are going to be some heavy boxes!!

Also any input on Inhumanity?
    Yes, they will, so I won't be lifting them much. We've got dollys to wheel the boxes around.

As for Inhumanity, I actually haven't cracked the wrapping on it yet. But I've read most of the issues individually, and it's not that great. Not bad either. The whole thing really fell flat for me, and I think for Marvel as well who really dropped the ball with the Inhuman launch. Even if it was out of their control that delay lost all momentum for the series after Inhumanity. And most of the Inhuman characters shown in the Inhumanity issues are throwaway characters. Also a little weird that they didn't include the Fearless Defenders issues since that's like one of two Inhumans that lasted more than an issue, but I can't remember if they were actually INH branded. I can't speak to any extras but there is a Superior Spider-Man comic that may not appear elsewhere.

Get it if you're going to be following the Soule series, but otherwise it's skippable.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    They dropped Nova in OHC and only did TPBs otherwise. They've essentially dropped Fraction's Iron Man as OHC by not releasing the last two or an Omnibus. Only the Brubaker portion of Immortal Iron Fist got the Omnibus/Oversized treatment. Brubaker Daredevil only came out in Omnibuses instead of OHC and Omnibuses like Bendis before him. Then oversized was dropped all together for Diggle and Shadowland.
    There you go, so there's lots of precedent. Some of that I was aware of (I love Iron Fist but that omni could be bigger) but most I was not. Superior Spidey will hopefully continue in some sort of oversized form. If it's an omnibus then I'll just sell the two OHCs. But I'd prefer more OHCs.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Congrats on finally getting the AoV Omnibus

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Canucked's quest for the AoV omni got me curious. What's your current "White Whale"? Or, do you have a good White Whale story where you've been looking for a book forever and one dropped in your lap unexpectedly?

Personally, I've been hunting for a Captain Britain omni for quite some time, so that's probably my current White Whale.

As for past stories, I remember earlier this year wanting to round out my Absolute collection, but thinking LoEG 1 and Authority 1 seemed quite hopeless. Lo and behold I found Absolute Authority 1 for cover price ($50! ah ... it was a different time), and also happened to find someone on eBay who didn't know what they had who sold Absolute LoEG 1, 2, and Black Dossier for $110 total as a buy it now. Great days.

What're y'all's stories?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I have caught all of my Marvel whales, at this point. It took extreme patience and eBay alerts.

There are still a pair of Nova TPBs i'd like to pay less than $30 for, but if I wasn't being so stubborn I'd have them already.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I have caught all of my Marvel whales, at this point. It took extreme patience and eBay alerts.

There are still a pair of Nova TPBs i'd like to pay less than $30 for, but if I wasn't being so stubborn I'd have them already.
    There's no need to beat yourself up for not paying $30+ for a TPB. It's not like Marvel isn't going to reprint it at some point.