Page 2 of 1159 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast

Actually it wasnt a bad week to rework the forums as I didn't have any purchases in mind. Next week we have the X-men OGN No More Humans, Annihilation Omni, and the X-men Adamantium Collection. Definitely gonna get the OGN but I'm on the fence with the Annihilation Omni because of price. Probably wait to get some pictures before I go for the purchase. The Adamantium Collection is out of my price range but will be looking to see some pictures as the Wolverine collection looked awesome.

Joshua, you might want to modify that second post. A few of those have been OOP for awhile. Back in the old thread I think it was Omnibus(?) who kept an updated list. His post was somewhere on the first page if you can still dig it up.
    On another note, some people had a discussion whether this thread should be retitled to something less exclusive to include premiere hardcovers, certain trades. I think it was brought up because people were arguing whether Epic collections should be discussed to which many people agreed because they appealed to niche market(us) in spite of being paperbacks. That's definitely something we should do while we still can considering it's new forum and all.. I mean why not? And I hope it's not too confusing I use a new username here, 'redmangoose' was something I came up with in seventh grade and it never really sat well with me...my avatar stayed the same.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 04-30-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Hopefully the DC and General Omnibus/Oversized Hardcover threads will follow soon. ;-) I miss them already. ^_^

Before the great scorched earth policy killed the old thread, a great many of us suggested that a new iteration should be re-labeled to include Epics and non-oversized HCs since most of us discuss them here and they are directly related to OHCs and Omnis especially when considering filling in gaps in our collections.

Considering that the vast majority here support discussion of those books and the insane draconian new moderation policies here, I'd seriously suggest adding those items to the thread subject. Thank you.

I would prefer this thread over the other one for our new thread, but I do not want the talk being separated in two.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    What was this reset all in aid of ?
    Silencing screeching feminists. No, seriously. CBR is nuking over a decade of history because of a war between trolls (most of whom had nothing to do with this site) attacking a female writer that posted an article here, which got the feminist hordes riled up and calling all comics fans rapists and evil and doing everything in their power to get the site shut down because that's what these psychos do. Hence the scorched earth policy. Hope you read this quick, because I doubt this post will last, we're not allowed to speak any more here.

Oh, so our beloved Marvel thread has actually been reborn twice? I mean separately.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

We just have to choose one I'm aafraid. I definitely prefer this tough, may prevent maybe small arguements

Wow, as I only follow the hardcover threads this new forum surprised me a bit. I've read about the controversy of that TT cover critique but never thought that could lead to this.
    Also, I would support the discussion of softcover books as long as they are in some way oversized (epics, essentials, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    Silencing screeching feminists. No, seriously. CBR is nuking over a decade of history because of a war between trolls (most of whom had nothing to do with this site) attacking a female writer that posted an article here, which got the feminist hordes riled up and calling all comics fans rapists and evil and doing everything in their power to get the site shut down because that's what these psychos do. Hence the scorched earth policy. Hope you read this quick, because I doubt this post will last, we're not allowed to speak any more here.
    The Avengers section is gone, but the X-Forums remains. Now we know who won AvX.

Spectacular Member

This one was created first and has correct Roman numerals...

Incredible Member

Should someone petition again for a Collected Editions forum?

It seems like it would eliminate a lot of the problems the old threads have and this new thread will have, since we're already having potential issues with the title and what could or should be discussed in here. Especially since some users only visit this thread and feel entitled to make it about ANYTHING they wish to discuss unrelated to collected editions, even though other forums and threads exist here on CBR.

If we had a Collected Editions forum, we can have more threads about custom binding, shipping practices, retailer comparisons, page thickness, binding methods, wishlists for future collections, each collection line such as Absolutes, Omnibuses, Deluxe/Oversized Hardcovers, Essentials/Showscase, Epic/Complete/Ultimate collections, standard trim HCs and TPBs for new comics - and we could have them for the different publishers. That way people who are tired of page thickness discussions don't have to read about it and get nasty with other members. People who want to compare the builds of Marvel vs. DC Omnibuses don't have to get in the way of people who don't care how a certain publisher compares to the other. People who just care about Omnibuses and don't care about All New Marvel NOW releases only being TPBs don't have wade through irrelevant posts to their interests. Instead everyone can just bookmark the Collected Editions forum and skip the threads they have no interest in, rather than be subjected to having to skim each post in these mega-threads to see if the discussion is of interest to them.

On the flip side to this, the admin who was most ardently against the idea of a Collected Editions forum back at the beginning of 2012 is still an admin, and none of the other moderators who commented back then - and I have no idea if they're still moderators - were against it too, even though there was overwhelming support for a new forum from people who bother to participate in the few spread out collected edition threads that existed.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    This one was created first and has correct Roman numerals...
    Fair enough. One thread to rule them all!

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

I say yes, we should petition for a Collected Editions forum.

Crazyoldhermit got to it before me. I posted here a couple minutes ago but I'm going to move to the "Marvel Collected Edition Part VIII" thread. Also someone didnt read the new rules and threads can't have "discussion" in the title.