Page 215 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    It's not a huge deal but I'd rather not have posts discussing current developments on this thread.
    Can we discuss the apparent current development of the $125 is the new standard omnibus price?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Yikes! Another 850 page book for $125! Count me out!
    Marvel is just pricing me out all around. I just can't justify the prices.

With out reading a bunch of threads, what's the consensus around this? I've been reading them since the early 80s but I'm finally give out. Between Image and DC, especially with digital, I can get great quality for much cheaper.

Can we discuss the apparent current development of the $125 is the new standard omnibus price?
    Can't tell what your tone is with this comment.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I think I may have just scored my best eBay find of all time. We'll see if the book ships. It's one of those crazy and obscure "everyone lists it for $2,500" books.

Fingers crossed.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I think I may have just scored my best eBay find of all time. We'll see if the book ships. It's one of those crazy and obscure "everyone lists it for $2,500" books.

Fingers crossed.
    Oo, Oo, is it the gutenberg bible?

So, I'm reading WatXM omnibus and the more I read of it the more bummed I am that we don't have Gillen's run collected. I'm perfectly okay with Fraction's run remaining in Ultimate Collections but I can't believe we didn't get Gillen's UXM collected in an OHC. Between AvX, UXF, WatXM and Gillen's UXM you get a pretty complete slice of the modern X-Verse in OHC. Something we haven't gotten for a long time.

Not only that but Gillen's Run is the second best part of all that (I prefer UXF). I mostly hated the characters themselves that he worked with but he crafted some great X-Men stories.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

So, I'm reading WatXM omnibus and the more I read of it the more bummed I am that we don't have Gillen's run collected. I'm perfectly okay with Fraction's run remaining in Ultimate Collections but I can't believe we didn't get Gillen's UXM collected in an OHC. Between AvX, UXF, WatXM and Gillen's UXM you get a pretty complete slice of the modern X-Verse in OHC. Something we haven't gotten for a long time.

Not only that but Gillen's Run is the second best part of all that (I prefer UXF). I mostly hated the characters themselves that he worked with but he crafted some great X-Men stories.
    Preach!

If they released a Gillen Omnibus I would actually pony up for my despised WatXM omni just for the beautiful bookshelf. I actually held out hope for a long time that the Fraction material from Messiah Complex to Nation X would merit an Omnibus, since the main thrust of X-Men stories is almost all OHC from Morrison forward - but no dice!

(OHC Path: New X-Men > Astonishing X-Men > Rise & Fall & Supernovas (but not some other stuff afterwards) > Messiah Complex > (Fraction) & X-Force > Nation X > Necrosha > Second Coming > (Fraction / Gillen) & UXF > Schism > (Gillen) & Watx - yes, I know that excludes a lot, but those contain all of the serious plot threads. A Legacy omnibus would wrap things up nicely )
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post

With out reading a bunch of threads, what's the consensus around this? I've been reading them since the early 80s but I'm finally give out. Between Image and DC, especially with digital, I can get great quality for much cheaper.
    Think my Omni count for this year is 4 vs 10+ last year.
    I vote with my wallet and gone are the days where i feel i miss out if i don't buy something.............. wel kinda

Another foot into the digital side.

It's not a huge deal but I'd rather not have posts discussing current developments on this thread.
    I thought it was spoiler-free, apologies.

Amazing Member

Yikes! Another 850 page book for $125! Count me out!
    What bums me about this (and Marvel's jump from $3 to $4 a few years ago) is that the increase is 25%. I understand that prices go up, but I think $110- although not as round and pretty sounding- would be a lot easier to swallow for the Omnibus line. Same with comics. They should have jumped to $3.50 from $3, not $4.

$125 would be better, I guess, if they went back to nicer paper. I just received the Witchblade Compendium last week, and have been reading it. Although it's a softcover with a weak binding, the paper quality is a lot better than the recent Omnis. So what is justifying this $25 price hike? With the exception of the Stern Omni, Cory isn't restoring them, so there's little cost there.

Again, I get that prices will rise, but what other business raises their product's price 25%?

Not sure what Marvels problem is with putting Gillen in OHC. His conclusion to JMS's Thor should have been OHC'd. His Uncanny X-Men should have been OHC'd. And his Journey into Mystery damn well should have been omni'd.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Not sure what Marvels problem is with putting Gillen in OHC. His conclusion to JMS's Thor should have been OHC'd. His Uncanny X-Men should have been OHC'd. And his Journey into Mystery damn well should have been omni'd.
    They are omnibussing his Young Avengers
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post

I used to be more willing to pick up an omnibus of material I wasn't familiar with if it sounded interesting or if it was a celebrated run on a character or team, but those days are over now. I have no problem spending my money on companies that are putting out better product for less money, so Marvel's lost me for the most part.

Oo, Oo, is it the gutenberg bible?
    Still easier to find than The Ultimates Omnibus!

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    What bums me about this (and Marvel's jump from $3 to $4 a few years ago) is that the increase is 25%. I understand that prices go up, but I think $110- although not as round and pretty sounding- would be a lot easier to swallow for the Omnibus line. Same with comics. They should have jumped to $3.50 from $3, not $4.

$125 would be better, I guess, if they went back to nicer paper. I just received the Witchblade Compendium last week, and have been reading it. Although it's a softcover with a weak binding, the paper quality is a lot better than the recent Omnis. So what is justifying this $25 price hike? With the exception of the Stern Omni, Cory isn't restoring them, so there's little cost there.

Again, I get that prices will rise, but what other business raises their product's price 25%?
    If they would switch to better quality paper like Dark Horse or IDW use in their high end I could live with another price hike, but $25 is asking a lot for paper especially when Big Damn Sin City was 1300+ pages and Library Edition size for only $100. But for some reason I suspect this is a price hike plain and simple--no returning to quality product like nice faux leather boards now that we're going down the current path.
    Last edited by DrGregatron; 07-17-2014 at 04:17 AM.