Page 216 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Recent reviews suggest they're following the time gem through time, the original sin was what happened with Captain America at the start of New Avengers run(not spoiling it). I'm not even reading the book monthly and I understand it lol.
    That's just 10% of the story. In between there's an incredible amount of cryptic teasers about future developments.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I think I may have just scored my best eBay find of all time. We'll see if the book ships. It's one of those crazy and obscure "everyone lists it for $2,500" books.

Fingers crossed.
    Well, you have me stumped. Some very old and rare X-Men trade? An OOP MMW such as Doctor Strange Vol. 1 or Warlock Vol. 2? Now I'm grasping at straws.

Anyway, I really hope it comes through.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

My Iron Man by Michelinie omnibus came in! I remember someone was also interested in it (I want to say NZ-Inferno), can I interest that person in some pics?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    My Iron Man by Michelinie omnibus came in! I remember someone was also interested in it (I want to say NZ-Inferno), can I interest that person in some pics?
    Not me, but the last week or so I've been tempted to place an order for this (just finished Michelinie's Spidey and loved his writing) - here's a vote for pics, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Not me, but the last week or so I've been tempted to place an order for this (just finished Michelinie's Spidey and loved his writing) - here's a vote for pics, please!
    IMHO his Iron man is superior to his Spidey. You should place that order

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Well, you have me stumped. Some very old and rare X-Men trade? An OOP MMW such as Doctor Strange Vol. 1 or Warlock Vol. 2? Now I'm grasping at straws.

Anyway, I really hope it comes through.
    The book is in fact from your side of the pond! It's a collection of the original Death's Head stories in TPB from Panini, which for some reason doesn't ever come up for sale and is only offered for ridiculously exorbitant prices. However, some sad Brit misread the title font as "Death's Hero" rather than "Head" (a reasonable error) and had listed it as that with the right ISBN on eBay for a mere $25. Done and done.

I already own all of the X-Men trades of sequential issues with the exception of the exceedingly rare old pair of trades that cover the late Jim Lee material on UXM, which were rendered unnecessary by the omnibus.

Dr. Strange MMW Vol. 1 in HC is in fact one of my holy grail books for a reasonable price, and it doesn't even pop up too often at an unreasonable price. I decided that it could wait with the movie on the horizon and just grabbed the TPB - I'm not really too fussed with having a few MMW TPBs on the shelf for earlier volumes, they're a nice build quality. I did finally snag a Warlock, Vol. 2, but Captain Marvel Vol. 1 HC at a decent price is still eluding me.

Otherwise, my one "gah, I can't find it!" book right now is Wonder Woman Archive Edition, Vol. 6, which apparently sold out in a flash and is now $250 everywhere.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I have to be honest. I've held out on buying this one because I normally don't love most 80s comics. But I decided to finally buys some Bronze Age goodness so I made a list of omnibi to buy. This one was on top of the list. And I have to tell you, if all are as good as this one I'm now officially a Bronze age fan. I'm now at the 6th issue and it is surpisingly great. The Spymaster/Shield storyline is very good and feels very modern. Well, here are some pics (note: this omnibus wasn't very popular at first because it was the first omnibus to have the thinner paper, I thought I'd mention that first before certain others do in a less pleasant way).
    20140717_171602.jpg
    20140717_171532.jpg
    20140717_171617.jpg
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Continued:
    20140717_171636.jpg
    20140717_171800.jpg
    If you want more interior pics of the awesome art just say so. I fully recommend this one

If you want more interior pics of the awesome art just say so. I fully recommend this one
    I'd like some more. I've been on the fence on this one for a long time since I'm not a big fan of Iron Man, but pictures always help.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    IMHO his Iron man is superior to his Spidey. You should place that order
    This is a fun quote the day Marvel announced the Superior Iron Man series.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Dr. Strange MMW Vol. 1 in HC is in fact one of my holy grail books for a reasonable price, and it doesn't even pop up too often at an unreasonable price. I decided that it could wait with the movie on the horizon and just grabbed the TPB - I'm not really too fussed with having a few MMW TPBs on the shelf for earlier volumes, they're a nice build quality. I did finally snag a Warlock, Vol. 2, but Captain Marvel Vol. 1 HC at a decent price is still eluding me.
    You probably already know this, but Dr. Strange MMW Vol. 1 is getting a reprint, I believe it'll be out around March 2015. So it'll be around $30.
    Hooray for you! ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I have to be honest. I've held out on buying this one because I normally don't love most 80s comics. But I decided to finally buys some Bronze Age goodness so I made a list of omnibi to buy. This one was on top of the list. And I have to tell you, if all are as good as this one I'm now officially a Bronze age fan. I'm now at the 6th issue and it is surpisingly great. The Spymaster/Shield storyline is very good and feels very modern.
    No wonder it feels modern. Today's Iron Man is basically Michelinie's Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I'd like some more. I've been on the fence on this one for a long time since I'm not a big fan of Iron Man, but pictures always help.
    20140717_201847.jpg
    20140717_201925.jpg
    20140717_202014.jpg
    Some great art in this book. Fully recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    I used to be more willing to pick up an omnibus of material I wasn't familiar with if it sounded interesting or if it was a celebrated run on a character or team, but those days are over now. I have no problem spending my money on companies that are putting out better product for less money, so Marvel's lost me for the most part.
    Yes, same here. For example, I gave the New Warriors omnibus a shot, as well as a number of Silver Age ones, but if they were $125? No thanks. Now, I'm pretty sure they would be if Marvel released them today.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    If they would switch to better quality paper like Dark Horse or IDW use in their high end I could live with another price hike, but $25 is asking a lot for paper especially when Big Damn Sin City was 1300+ pages and Library Edition size for only $100. But for some reason I suspect this is a price hike plain and simple--no returning to quality product like nice faux leather boards now that we're going down the current path.
    But, but, but Breevort said everything about these books is honky dory and that they're completely acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, same here. For example, I gave the New Warriors omnibus a shot, as well as a number of Silver Age ones, but if they were $125? No thanks. Now, I'm pretty sure they would be if Marvel released them today.

But, but, but Breevort said everything about these books is honky dory and that they're completely acceptable.
    Also remember this is a STAR WARS omnibus, so there's an extra incentive to boost its price, because let's face it, a lot of folks will get it, regardless of the material/content inside, the quality of the paper or binding, the cover is faux leather or not, etc... because it's a STAR WARS Omnibus. This doesn't mean every omnibus after this will be $125, it just means that this one is, due to it being SW. Similiar to the "X-men tax" that seems to be around on these types of books. I mean, they just solicited the 4th Brubaker omnibus last month, and it's MSRP is $99.99. Sky's not falling just yet. These books are expensive, I'll give you that, but we all knew that coming in. It's unfortunate, but it's not going to change anytime soon.

And I do agree, DrGregatron, there's no way the paper quality, etc... is going to improve back to former standards. Once they went the cheaper route, what we have now is what we have forward (IMO).
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.